Promotions

DeletedUser

It seems like promotions will be a fairly regular occurrence now, first with the 20% off nuggets and now with the 20% off premium chests. I think this is a good direction for the game, to keep interest relatively high and Inno gets more cash flow. Makes me think of convenience stores that have sales all the time. ;)

DeletedUser25892

It is great, but my wife and I both bought several nuggets and used them for the premiums within the last day...and now this randomly comes up....RAGE INDUCING...i wish there was something that could be done for me and her :(

DeletedUser14006

It is great, but my wife and I both bought several nuggets and used them for the premiums within the last day...and now this randomly comes up....RAGE INDUCING...i wish there was something that could be done for me and her :(

This is an issue I have also bud, I can understand why they do not give notice on such events as everybody would hold off buying until the announced date but on the other hand it really is infuriating for folk like yourself and myself that purchase nuggets on a regular basis to get stiffed like this.

Maybe a fair way to do things is for inno to recognise folk who spend more than a fair amount of cash on nuggets and reward them with a discount that they can use within a 30 day period of receiving it.

DeletedUser25892

This is an issue I have also bud, I can understand why they do not give notice on such events as everybody would hold off buying until the announced date but on the other hand it really is infuriating for folk like yourself and myself that purchase nuggets on a regular basis to get stiffed like this.

Maybe a fair way to do things is for inno to recognise folk who spend more than a fair amount of cash on nuggets and reward them with a discount that they can use within a 30 day period of receiving it.

I doubt they will...but we will see maybe a mod will look at this and research it and make a good call on it....It is just like they put the 20% off server announcement and just say until midnight without an actual date on there and I got stiffed on the 20% off nuggets back in December...they did give me 5% back which I appreciated, but yeah things likes this do make me mad...I am curious if they look at this at all.

MM2099

DeletedUser

They should just allow you to buy however many nuggets you want in one purchase, instead of clicking 'Buy 4500 nuggets' 20 times......Sound good? If so, I can post an idea on it.

DeletedUser32882

Yea...in the last 5 days i bought 2k nuggets(2 purchases of 1 k each).What u ''surprize'' i had when i saw the announce that yesterday i would get 20% more nuggets if i buy in that day.I lost 400 nuggets :((.It's simply not fair how they do this things.
I would w8 a week or 2 if i had any idea that an event like this would happen.
What happen in the last 2 days can only mean 2 things:
1-a lame strategy of Inno to get more nuggets from players,even tho they just bough 1-2 day earlier
2-This guys have no idea what they are doing ,and each day they try to pull a rabbit out of the hat hoping that this way they will repair there imagine.
Any of this things are bad...but i'm afraid is the second one.I mean we have way to many examples of the last updates that Inno made and the impact on game is an epic fail.

DeletedUser

To try and turn this into a 'productive' complaint:

Sales 101 for trivial/entertainment based spending:
1. People will impulse buy
2. Scientifically proven that those same people would likely spend more if made aware of an 'upcoming sale'.
3. People who don't impulse buy - they budget
4. Budgeters often DO wait for a sale, but are prepared to spend a bit more.
5. In Retail, you are obligated to offer a consumer a refund if they are not satisfied with their purchases (subject to various conditions, of course)
6. In Retail, you're also 'expected' to offer a product at the sales price if a person bought it the day before at the full retail price (raincheck-like concept).

OK, Inno and online games can be considered different, but frankly from a customer satisfation POV, this makess INNO appear disinterested in their customer happiness, or simply incompetent.

A. Doesn't it make sense to advertise an upcoming sale? Heck, every single store does it. Look at Black Friday in the USA. Biggest shopping day. Why? B/c everyone knows about the sales ahead of time. People budget for it.
B. Wouldn't it be obvious to Inno that people that bought something yesterday would be upset if the next day there was an unannounced/surprise sale?

Please fix this Inno. Both for what has happened in the last two days, and in the future as well. I for one WOULD have bought both nuggets and boxes if I had known ahead of time that you planned on running a sale.

DeletedUser8627

It's been a rollercoaster ride these last few weeks so all we are trying to do is give a little back to the community for all the hassles we have created during that time.

These two campaigns were run as two separate events, besides, the Premium chest discount was on the spur of the moment decision. And if the chests have already been used then we are not able to reimburse used nuggets/bonds. The reason why we took this stance is because if you want a reimbursement we have to completely undo this whole transaction. We will then have to remove any achievement points gained as there are achievements for opening items, we will have to remove the item you got from the chest. We then have to place another chest in your inventory and add the used nuggets.

Personally I do not feel this is ideal as you could possibly get an item you do not want the second time around. Maybe some are willing to take the risk but it could bring more grievances to the player at the end.

But not all is bad news, this is just the first set of campaigns being run, I'm also going to run campaigns on .net. These will include lowered prices on a lot more items, special prices on a limited number of items and so forth. The campaigns I personally run will obviously be announced awhile before the starting date.

DeletedUser32882

''The campaigns I personally run will obviously be announced awhile before the starting date.''
At least were getting somewhere:)...thx for understanding mate.

DeletedUser563

Yea...in the last 5 days i bought 2k nuggets(2 purchases of 1 k each).What u ''surprize'' i had when i saw the announce that yesterday i would get 20% more nuggets if i buy in that day.I lost 400 nuggets :((.It's simply not fair how they do this things.
I would w8 a week or 2 if i had any idea that an event like this would happen.
What happen in the last 2 days can only mean 2 things:
1-a lame strategy of Inno to get more nuggets from players,even tho they just bough 1-2 day earlier
2-This guys have no idea what they are doing ,and each day they try to pull a rabbit out of the hat hoping that this way they will repair there imagine.
Any of this things are bad...but i'm afraid is the second one.I mean we have way to many examples of the last updates that Inno made and the impact on game is an epic fail.

You could have bought on the german offer and get 500 nuggets free off the bat. As well as I dont really care about buying nuggets anymore. Will use it to get 2nd key perhaps but that is it.

DeletedUser25892

It's been a rollercoaster ride these last few weeks so all we are trying to do is give a little back to the community for all the hassles we have created during that time.

These two campaigns were run as two separate events, besides, the Premium chest discount was on the spur of the moment decision. And if the chests have already been used then we are not able to reimburse used nuggets/bonds. The reason why we took this stance is because if you want a reimbursement we have to completely undo this whole transaction. We will then have to remove any achievement points gained as there are achievements for opening items, we will have to remove the item you got from the chest. We then have to place another chest in your inventory and add the used nuggets.

Personally I do not feel this is ideal as you could possibly get an item you do not want the second time around. Maybe some are willing to take the risk but it could bring more grievances to the player at the end.

But not all is bad news, this is just the first set of campaigns being run, I'm also going to run campaigns on .net. These will include lowered prices on a lot more items, special prices on a limited number of items and so forth. The campaigns I personally run will obviously be announced awhile before the starting date.

I of course can appreciate this, but still rage inducing when you buy something and there is no guaranteed sales price! haha :).

DeletedUser

why not have promotion like last year ( last day of 2010 ) ? X2 nugget ?! this will force most people buy nugget and will give inno more cash :D

DeletedUser

why not have promotion like last year ( last day of 2010 ) ? X2 nugget ?! this will force most people buy nugget and will give inno more cash :D
I imagine if the half price deal really increased Inno's revenue substantially, they would have repeated it.

DeletedUser14006

I have launched a brainfart off the back of this thread, if you have not taken the time to look at it yet then please do so.