Titles as achievement rewards

Slygoxx

Proposal
Titles as a possible reward for some achievements.

Current Workaround
-

Details
Currently, achievements do not yet have rewards, so why not add titles to the game? Some achievements will grant you titles upon achieving them, such as "the collector" for getting all of the collector achievements for example. You can of course not select a title, in which case your name will be displayed normally. Some of the titles which could be used:

<Name> the collector, for getting all collections.
Bounty hunter <name>, for getting the last bounty collection achievement.
<Name> the quester, for getting 30 quest related achievements.

Titles would be shown in a player's profile, in a different font or font size, or in a different colour.

Abuse Prevention
-

Visual Aids

Title in player's profile:
[spoil]
titles4.png

[/spoil]

Titleselection on your character screen:
[spoil]
titles2.png
[/spoil]

Title as achievement reward:
[spoil]
titles3.png

[/spoil]

Not part of the idea, but a possible addition, titles in rankings:
[spoil]
titles1.png
[/spoil]

Summary
Add titles as achievement rewards. Would be a fun addition to the game and would give people who are already 120 something to do, and as an extra reward for the achievement hunters.
Innogames would have to create a title system and would need to add a proper limit to the amount of characters used in a name in order to correctly show the titles.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited:

DeletedUser9470

I like the Idea, I would like:
"Supreme Elite Master Sensei Emperor of Dueling" award and title :D

DeletedUser

Hmm, although it feels pretty silly, it's better than nothing. I'll say yes when it comes to vote. :)

DeletedUser

reminds me of mafia wars.......
maybe there should be titles according to how many achievement points you have.

DeletedUser

I'd rather see something like another column in rankings, either to select an achievement to show, or showing certain achievements, in either case using a small icon. Adding titles to rankings would just take up too much space, especially with long names.

DeletedUser

It would take space, but it can be used to add so much humor that's completely neglected in this game. No humor = bad game.

DeletedUser

It would take space, but it can be used to add so much humor that's completely neglected in this game. No humor = bad game.
Them's fightin' words!

But there IS humor in the game, mainly just in job injuries (alright, nothing is funny the 1000th time you've seen it) and now in achievement names ("Have you seen the pile of rubbish behind the saloon?")

If we were to go with titles, I'd rather just see it in your profile than in rankings.

Slygoxx

It would indeed cause some space issues when used in the rankings. I have added a mockup of how it'd look on a player's profile, to distinguish it from the player's name it could be made in a slightly smaller font or another colour for example.

DeletedUser563

The only real advantage to achievements is that you can pick inactive players out as they have no achievement points. As to any ideas regarding it I vote yes to all of them. Each day i get some reminder of some accomplishment I have achieved years ago. So for me I dont care what you really do with them as they have no real value anyway.

We need a achievement ranking for them to be chased after.:blink:

DeletedUser17048

i think it would be a little useless unless they gave you some type of bonus ;)

Slygoxx

i think it would be a little useless unless they gave you some type of bonus ;)

All achievements are kinda useless at the moment, it only serves for bragging rights, which is the purpose of a title as well. Yet the title can also be fun, depending on the title you have.

EDIT: Edited the original post so the idea is now to only show it on a player's profile.

Last edited: