Minimum market bid raise

DeletedUser22493

Proposal
Adding the option to set a "minimum bid rise" on the market.

Current Workaround
What's the point of raising a bid with 1$? No one gains or wins on that, other then bypassing the other persons offer with a insignificant amount.

Details
There should be a option to set a "minimum raise" on market offers. See visual.
This will help prevent slam over-bidding items at the last second before the offer ends.

- If a "Immediate purchase" value has been set, any bid bypassing that will autobuy the item at "Immediate purchase" price.

Abuse Prevention
Nothing I can think about.

Visual Aids
markett.jpg

Summary
Additionally, there could be an extended bid ending time, when a new offer is made. Perhaps 5 minutes. This will only apply if the bid ends in less then 5 minutes.

Please don't suggest that I add "Selling more then one item at a time."

Its already been suggested, and if the dev's wanted it, they would have implemented it.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser

Definitely. I've been meaning to suggest something like this for months. $1 for a $50k item is stupid. Either set the minimum as you suggest, or base the minimum increment on the minimum bid and/or immediate purchase price, which was going to be my suggestion.

Noobmic

I agree 50% with this idea.
What I like:
- add minimum value for overbid;
What I don't like:
- the way it was suggested to be implemented.
Why?
Is too complicated. First user must think of a step, then add it and when you have 30 items for the market is a nightmare. Then the developers must thing to a solution for making users know what value they can bid and why.

This option can be implemented very simple:
Minimum value of increase bid (overbid) is 10% of current bid. If no bid is placed then you can bid the minimum bid value.
Then add in settings this configuration saying:
Minimum overbid value is: 10%
(10% can be changed to any value wanted, also if 10% means less then 1 then it will be considered 1 [using math ceil]);

and that's all. For every item we will have the same logic and users don't get confused and lose extra time to put items at market.

DeletedUser

Good idea but like Noobmic said the actual way you have suggested wouldn't be the best, an automatic system would be alot better going on a percentage of what you priced the item for at the start. Example: if starting bid had to be 5000 every bid has to be 500 more minium going on a 10% bid raise.
The percentage is just an example to make an easy system for the developers to add, you wouldnt be able to choose a min bid like you said would be a min percentage.

Rebow :up:

DeletedUser22493

Not really the same idea. That idea is that the minimum bid is a set value, like for instance 25$ or 10%.
But if I were to put a rare item on the market for say 300.000$, then the minimun bid would be either 25$ which is way to low, or 30.000$ which is somewhat high.

Good idea but like Noobmic said the actual way you have suggested wouldn't be the best, an automatic system would be alot better going on a percentage of what you priced the item for at the start. Example: if starting bid had to be 5000 every bid has to be 500 more minium going on a 10% bid raise.
The percentage is just an example to make an easy system for the developers to add, you wouldnt be able to choose a min bid like you said would be a min percentage.

Rebow :up:

Like I said above, that might not always be a good solution.

DeletedUser

Your missing something the auto percentage is for your starting bid set price, other than 3rd key what else would you set starting bid for at 300,000 :blink: anyways like I said percentage was just an example Rambo :laugh:

Do think they could add this with the levels of market, also the option to add more than one item depending on level of market. Don't hold your breath however, you might have to wait a year for something this to be added.

DeletedUser25632

Not really the same idea. That idea is that the minimum bid is a set value, like for instance 25$ or 10%.
But if I were to put a rare item on the market for say 300.000$, then the minimun bid would be either 25$ which is way to low, or 30.000$ which is somewhat high.

The idea says $25, or 3% in the proposal, his post says 10% but was presented to the developers as $25 min bid or 3% and 3% of your 300k is 9k bid increments, which isn't high.

I've honestly never liked increments by 1 in any kind of auction house kinda thing.

DeletedUser22493

Well, I don't like the %.. Id like to place my own minimum raise.

Noobmic

Well, I don't like the %.. Id like to place my own minimum raise.

You don't like it but this works. Do you play other web based games that have market? If yes does they have minimum overbid value to be set by user? I will tell you that no. I play other web browser game when I put at market per day almost 100 items. Now I created a script that will auto-complete for me prices depending on item ... do you know how much time took me to put those items for market? At least 15 minutes. And here you have also the option to select to who you sell town/alliance/all that adds also at least 5 minutes. If you have big inventory and you stay much time in game only for one item to be put at market can take at least 20 seconds (calculated minutes ago) and if I have inventory open it takes at least 30 seconds per item ...

Red Falcon

I give this idea 4 out of 5 stars and the extra star goes to the person who mentioned the 10% minimum bid raise, although I would like it better if I was able to control how much or how little I wanted the minimum bid raise of an item to be.

DeletedUser30834

I don't like the idea. If I'm bidding on something in the market, it's because I want it for the lowest price possible. I'm in the market for me, not some obligation to the seller. I do not see what the problem is with a $1 over bid if it is what it takes to win the bid.

Is there a convincing argument that can be made to why something put in the market with no minimum bid price is is somehow entitles to a bid more then $1 over the last bid other then the reports annoy you? I mean seriously, with the amounts put in the posted illustration, it's already over priced.

DeletedUser22493

It's a market. Not a who-has-time-to-raise-1$-most-times contest.
1$ is nothing. Everyone can raise 1$ no matter how poor. But not everyone has time to re-bid 100 times a day.

The seller want's to find the person who wants to pay the most for the item. Simple as that.

DeletedUser

that limits how high the price can go or ruin your chances at attracting a buyer.

DeletedUser

It's a market. Not a who-has-time-to-raise-1$-most-times contest.
1$ is nothing. Everyone can raise 1$ no matter how poor. But not everyone has time to re-bid 100 times a day.

The seller want's to find the person who wants to pay the most for the item. Simple as that.

You only need to bid one time, when the auction ends, every other bid are meaningless as the only push the price up.

DeletedUser22575

A change to market bidding has already been discussed as a minor idea and forwarded to the Devs as JonOfTheWest stated in his post.

The have not acted on it yet apparently and may never do so.

But I don't understand why this is being discussed again before we know when, if, or ever they are going to do anything about what has already been sent to them.

DeletedUser

You only need to bid one time, when the auction ends, every other bid are meaningless as the only push the price up.
so you're saying only your bid should count? first come, first serve applies to the immediate purchase price. the bid is fair game for everyone.