Market pushing rule vs update 1.31

DeletedUser

As the new version allows money transfers from a player to a player, german CM decided to lift the market pushing rule on worlds that receive the update 1.31. Why? Because if you want to push someone with the cash, you won't need to use the market any more, thus the market push rule becomes obsolete.

Details on the matter:
http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?t=44514

Honestly, I don't like this. It's not about if it's fair or unfair towards someone. Newbies will suffer mostly from this. Those with ages of experience in this game will just respec into cashmakers and fill pockets of their friends who are specced into something that doesn't give cash that easily.
Not only that, but we'll get a horde of parasites whining that they need the cash you've earned by playing hard. Just imagine a pile of whispers and telegrams with desperate beggars. Is it fun? Will you really continue to play such game?

A bad move Inno, very bad move.
The whole thing will probably set the community on fire. I just hope that the messenger won't be shot again - but this is too important to ignore.

P.S. Remember that it's only about lifting the cash push rule. XP push will remain illegal!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TBH I don't see why we need a cash transfer system at all.

DeletedUser

Use imagination. Just an example... You KO your ally, you apologize... And he's still mad because he lost 1000$ needed to buy Bowie's knife on the market and now someone else bought it. And you couldn't return the cash to him by any (legal) means to settle things.

Diggo11

The option to send money directly to players, as well as the rules regarding pushing, are (as of 1.31) both optional to be decided upon at the discretion of the community manager. At this time, we do not plan to lift the pushing rules nor allow direct transfer of money. We feel The West should remain a game accessible to all, and creating niche groups of 'elite' players whilst encouraging multiple accounts is not the path we wish to select for this community.

DeletedUser9470

I think multi accounts is wrong, but i dont see any problems with money transfer.
How is it wrong to help another player?

DeletedUser

Come on, there always be people who will complain about things.(I'm talking in general now, not just about this problem) Either you like it or not. You'll never have 100% satisfaction. You can get money from market or sheriff etc.

People who wanna cheat, keep finding way how to avoid rules, you will never stop this :(

(my opinion) don't shout at me please ;)

DeletedUser

Hmmm, I'm not sure how multiaccs and cheating got into this thread, but... No matter.
If we won't see the money transfer option on .net worlds, I can't say nothing more but: thanks for saving players from beggars.

DeletedUser

Use imagination. Just an example... You KO your ally, you apologize... And he's still mad because he lost 1000$ needed to buy Bowie's knife on the market and now someone else bought it. And you couldn't return the cash to him by any (legal) means to settle things.

That's a very small benefit compared to the massive influx of multis it will bring.We don't have enough in game moderators already and after this update life will become a nightmare for them.

With all those begging topics forum mods won't be in a better place either.

DeletedUser

I know is not a best solution, but we still can block begging players not to receive more telegrams. I got many telegrams this type especially when they see that you have Millionaire medal. This is just a human nature, I think. :cool:

DeletedUser22493

Hmmm, I'm not sure how multiaccs and cheating got into this thread, but... No matter.

I think that is very relevant.

- Making it easy to transfer money, players may be tempted to create a couple of gold slaves to supply their poor Duelers with cash.
Fortunatly, the current anti multi account system works fairly well.

- Account sales might become more common.

- Stealing & scamming accounts is now allot more interesting, because its now easier to transfer the money.

- Quitting one account (character), and starting a new one, transfering all the money to the new one is now posible.

- Extortion, blackmailing, buying off and such..

Id guess there is more.. People tend to get very creative when it come to abusing features for their own advantage.

DeletedUser1121

- Extortion, blackmailing, buying off and such..

That was one of my major concerns. Although it is easily proven when reported (telegrams, chat), it would scare players into quitting.

DeletedUser22493

Report what? Dueling is not against the rules. How could the IGM enforce this.
"..Give me 100000$ and my town filled with pure dueler will stop killing everyone in your town.."

Report what? Fort fighting is not against the rules? Nor is giving forts away.
"..For 200000$ my alliance filled with pure hp fort fighters will win a large fort for you.."

I don't quite see the need for this. Making it to the top on your own, has always been a feature I really liked about this game.
It was about who was the better player, not who had the richest friends.

In the lower levels, it will now be about finding a town with deep pockets, rather then working and finding the money

Smaller towns may have to buy their members.

Pure Fort Fighters (HP Tanks for Hire) can now demand money to fight.

The market to for the top-line items will grow, while the market for average items will drop. Everyone has money to buy the best now, and no one will bother with a average gun.

Deleted User - 1693871

Making it to the top on your own, has always been a feature I really liked about this game.
It was about who was the better player, not who had the richest friends.

In the lower levels, it will now be about finding a town with deep pockets, rather then working and finding the money

The market has already caused a lot of those problems ... I get annoyed when lower level players seem to think that it's my job to subsidise them by selling them gear at half price on the market. They can jolly well work to get the money for the items they need, just like I do when I start new worlds. :p

So I'm glad that money transfers won't be coming to .net ... that would just create even more parasites who think they should be given everything and not have to make any effort themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

well i dont see half of this as true.
for sure i wont ever pay any town or player to go get a fort for me.

as for extortion well its easy to say "no" and put bounties up.
id much rather put a bounty up than give the money to the agressor.
so that theory doesnt stand either.

as for financing lower levels, i would like to help them, provided they pull their weight, as simple as that.
if i sell them a cheap nats, i expect them to carry out at least 1000 duels with it for the alliance.
if they dont abide there are means and ways...
and quite frankly its not hard to tell oneliner noobs asking for low prices to go get stuffed.

i really dont see any problems with money transfers, on the contrary, it reinforces alliances and player friendships, it helps our communities and it boosts players motivation.

DeletedUser22493

So I'm glad that money transfers won't be coming to .net ... that would just create even more parasites who think they should be given everything and not have to make any effort themselves.

Its not? It says so in the update logg..