Inspirational game hint as Prayer result

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

IDEA: Inspirational game hint as Prayer result
DESCRIPTION: When someone does a 15 minutes Prayer, all he gets is a typical report, nothing else. There is no real motivation for Prayer, except each one's belief and some unknown effects known on a hear-say basis... but nothing official.
But it could be much useful if that Prayer report would contain a game hint, adapted to the user's level. That hint may be called "inspirational message" or "inspirational dream", or maybe even "angel message"... for the imagination at least. And it may contain hints like this:
- to get new equipment you need more money or lucky works
- to get more money you need to do better payed works
- to be accepted in a town, you need to talk friendly to the town leaders
- to learn more about missions, you should read the info about missions at URL...
and so on (these examples are general and poor, real hints may be even more specific,
according to the user's game level)
Any unknown (existing) effects of the Prayer are not affected, they may remain unchanged.
ADVANTAGES: players will be more motivated to do Prayers, for getting game hints, especially when they are beginners.
All players (beginners or advanced) will be able to learn a lot of game tricks for their level, by Prayer.
The info forums will be less solicitated for minor questions if the hints cover those questions.
EFFORT: the game programmers would have to implement it. A database of hints should be built, each hint for a specific level, and maybe the script to select the hints may be made to consider the user's particular situation.
ABUSES: no abuses possible, except from players who pray more for learning more about the game, on a random basis, but this way they only can get more hints, so they better learn the game.
RESTRICTIONS: this inspirational hint should be available only when the player does a full 15 minutes Prayer! If he interrupts the Prayer before the 15 minutes limit, he gets no inspirational hint.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

IDEA: Inspirational game hint as Prayer result
DESCRIPTION: When someone does a 15 minutes Prayer, all he gets is a typical report, nothing else. There is no real motivation for Prayer, except each one's belief and some unknown effects.
But it could be much useful if that Prayer report would contain a game hint, adapted to the user's level. That hint may be called "inspirational message" or "inspirational dream", or maybe even "angel message"... for the imagination at least. And it may contain hints like this:
- to get new equipment you need more money or lucky works
- to get more money you need to do better payed works
- to be accepted in a town, you need to talk friendly to the town leaders
- to learn more about missions, you should read the info about missions at URL...
and so on (these examples are general and poor, real hints may be even more specific)
ADVANTAGES: players will be more motivated to do Prayers, for getting game hints, especially when they are beginners.
All players (beginners or advanced) will be able to learn a lot of game tricks for their level, by Prayer.
The info forums will be less solicitated for minor questions if the hints cover those questions.
EFFORT: the game programmers would have to implement it.
RESTRICTIONS: this inspirational hint should be available only when the player does a full 15 minutes Prayer! If he interrupts the Prayer before the 15 minutes limit, he gets no inspirational hint.

Note: This suggestion of mine has been highly appreciated in the Romanian forum for The West. I hope it can be useful to the international game, too.

No.

Thats what the tutorials and the guides are for.

And the praying unknown effect is more than likely for a reason. Not everything has to be known.

DeletedUser

That is easy to say, a quick NO without thinking, as an old player without concern about new players, but in fact the online beginning tutorials cover only very few basic things. And the online guides are not read by too many... So a lot of players do not know to play the game, they just get excited by friends' reports and start playing... But my proposal may help them learn by playing! The idea is to complete their knowledge about the game while they have already started playing, and not with newer systematic tutorials, which may be more difficult to implement. And also, for higher players, this can give them hints for high level missions, when they need them.
I think the game (just like the whole world) is progressing by new ideas, not by old fears!

DeletedUser25632

So far you're 0/2 on this idea and now you're 0/3 because I don't like it also, your post doesn't even follow these standards. I'll leave this thread open for now.

DeletedUser

well, instead of begging and being humble before those who decide and claim to be responsible and powerfull, I only shall pray for them to get a true inspiration for the game! :D
My idea is for the game, their decision is for their appearent authority.
God decides who does what and who gets what. They will know.
I only hope that each man makes the right decision for his conscience.

So far you're 0/2 on this idea and now you're 0/3 because I don't like it also, your post doesn't even follow these standards. I'll leave this thread open for now.

I am sorry if I did not follow those standards. My only excuse is that I tried to follow the RO standards, believing that they are the same for all of The West forums. But it seems now that that they are not the same, so please talk to the RO admins to adjust the standards.
Anyway, a good idea should be judged by its utility, not by formulation standards... I hope.
The new world does not need the old bureaucracy.

so help us God!

DeletedUser22493

Uhm, make that 0\4.
Some things are better left unknown.

2008-12-01-prayer-vs-hard-work.png

DeletedUser

I understand that experienced players do not need game hints.
My idea is intended to help beginners, I was just thinking for their benefit.

DeletedUser22575

I understand that experienced players do not need game hints.
My idea is intended to help beginners, I was just thinking for their benefit.

You also specifically mentioned the more experienced players here.

. And also, for higher players, this can give them hints for high level missions, when they need them.

I think that is 0/6 now.

DeletedUser

Haven't you ever heard the philosophy of .."Vote early and vote often".

0/7

In that case, any idea that has one stubborn opponent who votes multiply AGAINST is doomed!
I would be so disappointed if this was the "voting" system here.
I respectfully ask the admins to clarify the voting system for you and me...

DeletedUser22575

In that case, any idea that has one stubborn opponent who votes multiply AGAINST is doomed!
I would be so disappointed if this was the "voting" system here.
I respectfully ask the admins to clarify the voting system for you and me...

You really might find it helpful if you go here and read this sticky...the whole thing.

It explains not only what the proper format is for posting ideas..but how they get to the voting stage. You shouldn't have to ask admin to clarify what they have already explained, just read.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30480

DeletedUser

Thank you. But there is no mention about you being allowed to vote more than once.
For my part, I shall rethink the idea and propose it again in the required form.

DeletedUser22575

Thank you. But there is no mention about you being allowed to vote more than once.
For my part, I shall rethink the idea and propose it again in the required form.

This is not the voting stage but the discussion stage.

Generally speaking for an idea to even get to a vote an idea has to show some demonstrative support...which yours has not.

Once it does reach that stage a poll will be opened and players can only vote once :).

DeletedUser

This is not the voting stage but the discussion stage.

Generally speaking for an idea to even get to a vote an idea has to show some demonstrative support...which yours has not.

Once it does reach that stage a poll will be opened and players can only vote once :).

So you are telling me that an idea for beginners has no chance since the experienced players who discuss it cannot like it? That does not seem like a productive system...
Anyway, I shall take my chances.
I think the idea is good for those who need it.
Those who do not need it personally may always be against for personal reasons.

DeletedUser22575

So you are telling me that an idea for beginners has no chance since the experienced players who discuss it cannot like it? That does not seem like a productive system...
Anyway, I shall take my chances.
I think the idea is good for those who need it.
Those who do not need it personally may always be against for personal reasons.

No, I am not telling you that an idea for beginners does not have any chance. What I am telling you is that it does appear that most who have posted here who were also once beginning players feel the tutorial does an adequate job.

The other problem you are facing here is that some players never pray for various reasons and do not want to be forced into using the church/prayer system feeling that the use of it should be voluntary and there should be no game advantage for those who decide to use it.

DeletedUser

No, I am not telling you that an idea for beginners does not have any chance. What I am telling you is that it does appear that most who have posted here who were also once beginning players feel the tutorial does an adequate job.

The other problem you are facing here is that some players never pray for various reasons and do not want to be forced into using the church/prayer system feeling that the use of it should be voluntary and there should be no game advantage for those who decide to use it.

I see your point.
BUT...
The tutorial only gives a basic start to a player. After the tutorial is finnished, a lot of game hints are missed and the player can find them only in third-party sites, by digging in...
And for the prayer part, my idea does not force anyone to do prayers if they do not wish to.
It only gives something useful to those who do prayers (for now, there is nothing gained in a prayer except supposed secret advantages... so that church in a town seems useless for many!).
I am not a religious freak, in fact I have very non-religious convictions.
But since the church is in town, I believe the game should make something better out of it!

DeletedUser

lol make that 0/8 now we dont need help with the game like this for there are tutorials and i didnt even understand the idea by glancing at it like i can in other ideas. I had to read closely to understand it

I am a low level and I HATE this idea.

DeletedUser25632

Since you failed to put it in the required Standards and I've left this open for awhile and majority seem not to like it, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.