Battles

DeletedUser

dear people, i am flamish so i don't talk really good english, my idea is transalated by somebody from the dutch servers.

originally topic:http://forum.the-west.nl/showthread.php?t=23662

father:
The idea haven't the suggested structure, but is there not enough structure ?
and, as this idea already is proposed, i am sorry than :D.

Battles

Battles will be almost the same as fortbattles, but with the following differences:

• You can only attack and defend with 1 town.
  • You can only earn points, and no forts
  • Different skills will be used during the battle
  • There will be different maps
  • You will still be able to gain xp and find things.

Why a battle when you can't even win forts with it?

I thought of the following for that:
A new point column in the town rankings, battle points.
A town starts a battle against another town, and the winner will get an amount of points. The losers will lose half that amount of points.

An example of the way points might be distributed:

- The winning town will get at least 1000 points.
- Half the amount of damage done will be added to that
- For each knocked out opponent an additional 100 points.
- After that, divide it all by 2.

An example:
Town 1 attacks town 2.
Town 1 has a total of 18,000 HP and 15 members, town 2 has a total of 15,000 HP and 13 members.
Town 1 wins the fight, and all members of town 2 have been knocked out.
Town 1 will get 4900 battle points, which will be added to the total amount of town points. The Town 2 will lose 2450 battle points, but you will never be able to go below 0.

Which towns will be able to attack each other?

- Only towns with 40,000+ points can enter and you can attack towns which have 10,000 points more or less than your town.
- Allies can not attack each other.
- A town can only declare an attack once every 24h.
- A town can only be attacked once every 24h.

What will be the 3 maps you can battle on?

I've got a couple of ideas, and if this idea will get approved I'll elaborate on that further.

Some ideas:

• Between 2 ships
  • In a valley
  • In a canyon
  • In a city
  • In a desert
  • In the jungle
  • On a bridge
  • On a real battlefield

Skills:
This will depend on the map used.

Character bonuses:
The devs can do this if they think it's a good idea.

DeletedUser

I think it's a really good idea. 4/5

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NO omg ive never seen anything worse than this if this happened i would leave the game. If i could give it 0 stars i would but 1 is the lowest

DeletedUser

Sycho but why no, it looks interesting, although... A bit unfinished idea.

aliebaba, I'm saying no because of only one thing - that you can find things. sorry. no to that.

DeletedUser

It would change everything about fort battles. And then you wouldnt even get the fort just some stupid points

DeletedUser

Sycho but why no, it looks interesting, although... A bit unfinished idea.

aliebaba, I'm saying no because of only one thing - that you can find things. sorry. no to that.

that, i can understand, but, as the most of the people don't like that you can find things, can that omitted he :).
further something else?

It would change everything about fort battles. And then you wouldnt even get the fort just some stupid points

you don't read the idea verry good i think.
It gone nothing change about the fort battles, it's only something that it thakes. ;)

further has somebody questions / suggestions for this idea ?

sorry for my bad english .

DeletedUser

Two towns have roughly the same number of points, one town with 40 members attacks one with 10 members, you can see where i am going with this... This idea would create global gangbang on towns with smaller number of residents.
I dont like it 1/5

DeletedUser

Two towns have roughly the same number of points, one town with 40 members attacks one with 10 members, you can see where i am going with this... This idea would create global gangbang on towns with smaller number of residents.
I dont like it 1/5

but, if the one town have won a lot of battles, the other town won't attack again, further, will the towns get fuller, wich is more fun.
so, i don't understand the problem ;)

Just take out the part about two ships and the jungle and You've got my vote.
This are suggestions for maps, the dev's can choose wich maps they would like to make ;)

DeletedUser

but, if the one town have won a lot of battles, the other town won't attack again, further, will the towns get fuller, wich is more fun.
so, i don't understand the problem ;)

What if the bigger towns wins a lot of battles and keep on gangbanging the smaller one?

DeletedUser

Simular idea's have been mentioned before though I dont recall only town vs a town. Seems this idea is alittle short on information. Though I agreed with previous field battles and I would agree with this.

anarchy111 , what about the top towns that own all the forts ? it will be exactly the same your right though nothing caps them from owning so who cares.
Would be good for the small under dogs to be able to attack the best town's even if you lose atleast your tick them off and maybe catch them off guard making them lose a fort at the same time :D or your town will win plenty of points instead.

DeletedUser

Simular idea's have been mentioned before though I dont recall only town vs a town. Seems this idea is alittle short on information. Though I agreed with previous field battles and I would agree with this.

anarchy111 , what about the top towns that own all the forts ? it will be exactly the same your right though nothing caps them from owning so who cares.
Would be good for the small under dogs to be able to attack the best town's even if you lose atleast your tick them off and maybe catch them off guard making them lose a fort at the same time :D or your town will win plenty of points instead.

yeah, i thought already that this idea was propossed yet ;).
but you find it a good idea ? thx :).

further, before the admins start a survey wat you need to do ?

and, can somebody tell me ho good my english is ? i have tomorrow examination english namely :p.

already thx :).

Deleted User - 1278415

so is there a starting point value?

You say "the winner will get an amount of points. The losers will lose half that amount of points."

So there has to be an X amount of points to be able to loose unless your saying the 48900 points a town has your taking point away from... so does that destroy part of the town and once they get below 39,999 points they have to be able to rebuild those points in order to be able to compete again at the 40,000+ entry level.

Visual aids for these maps are needed to make the idea more rounded and complete.
And if anything the maps could be submitted for future fort battle design maps and not necessarily this idea.

Remove the 2 ship ideas... this is the old' west and ships were not a part of it...for the most part. Yes CA Chinese slave trade was apparent, but not big ship battles like the Atlantic. So make it a wagon circle instead
And for the jungle ohh I don't know make that a graveyard.

Also need to consider for what happens in the event of a tie or a way to end the battle early ie taking the flag.

DeletedUser

Interesting concept.. But not quite thought out.. I need more INFO.

Work the details out!
But please, leave finding items out of this one!

DeletedUser

so is there a starting point value?

You say "the winner will get an amount of points. The losers will lose half that amount of points."

So there has to be an X amount of points to be able to loose unless your saying the 48900 points a town has your taking point away from... so does that destroy part of the town and once they get below 39,999 points they have to be able to rebuild those points in order to be able to compete again at the 40,000+ entry level.

Visual aids for these maps are needed to make the idea more rounded and complete.
And if anything the maps could be submitted for future fort battle design maps and not necessarily this idea.

Remove the 2 ship ideas... this is the old' west and ships were not a part of it...for the most part. Yes CA Chinese slave trade was apparent, but not big ship battles like the Atlantic. So make it a wagon circle instead
And for the jungle ohh I don't know make that a graveyard.

Also need to consider for what happens in the event of a tie or a way to end the battle early ie taking the flag.

about that lost, i will think about it :).
and the ships, ok it's good, this is the first time that i heard when the west takes place.
the points:
that will working like the duelling points ;). Each time you win a battle (or duel) you earn points, but each time your city lose a battle (or duel) then you will lost points, but you don't ever need to rebuild your city

and for the maps, I will do it after my exemanations ;)

Interesting concept.. But not quite thought out.. I need more INFO.

Work the details out!
But please, leave finding items out of this one!

yeah, that i have already decided.
you can't find things, it's better fore the balance in the game ;).