Indian's set

DeletedUser

Proposal
improve Indian's set by adding either a product (sacred Piecepipe, herbal Medicine or special Arrow/Quiver of arrows) and/or a weapon (Bow & Arrows, Spear, Tomahawk or Buffalo Shield)

Reason
I recently did a calculation: and I found that the Gentleman's set gives 33 points more than that of the Indian's set (which has a set bonus of +40 labor points) towards Hunting buffalo, which doesn't make any sense... seeing as, if I wanted to do the job Hunting buffalo I wouldn't use the Indian's set which just happens to be the set with the set bonus specific to that job
...so maybe just raise the number of labor points for Hunting buffalo in the Indian's set

STATISTICS
Hunting buffalo
= 179 difficulty (horseback riding, Setting traps, Leadership, Tactics, Animal instinct)

Indian's set
21 (Indian feather hat = 3 charisma & 12 leadership)
11 (Indian clothing = 2 mobility, 1 dexterity & 8 setting traps)
11 (Moccasins = 2 mobility & 9 tactics)
11 (Golden Indian necklace = 8 animal instinct & 3 setting traps)
00 (Mustang = nothing towards Hunting buffalo on its own)
68 (Set bonus = 12 mobility, 8 setting traps, 8 animal instinct & 40 labor points towards hunting buffalo)

Gentleman's set

19 (Brown top hat = 10 leadership & 9 horseback riding)
04 (Fancy dress coat = 1 mobility, 1 charisma)
12 (Black tie = 1 charisma & 9 leadership)
10 (Fancy shoes = 2 dexterity & 8 appearance)
06 (Walking stick = 2 charisma)
104 (Set bonus = 10 charisma, 16 appearance, 8 leadership & 50 labor points)
do the math and you will get a total of 155 coming from the Gentleman's set and only 122 from the Indian's set - this doesn't justify the lack of sufficient number of points from the Indian's set bonus towards the job Hunting buffalo.
so, as you can see, there is no logical reason (as long as you have the choice of the Gentleman's set) to use the Indian's set for Hunting buffalo, even though it has a set bonus specifically for that job (which makes it a waste of a set bonus)

I only found this out because I needed 12 hours of Hunting buffalo for the Game of life (Buffalo hunt) quest
and the only logical thing to do was to get my hands on a complete Item set - I just didn't know which to choose... until now

~b~e~l~o~w~ ~t~h~i~s~ ~l~i~n~e~ ~r~e~f~e~r~s~ ~t~o~ ~t~h~e~ ~v~e~r~y~ ~f~i~r~s~t~ ~s~e~n~t~e~n~c~e~

another idea for a product would be "totem animal spirits/souls/gaurdians" (note the plurality)
where you have different animals to collect, and they each have a unique ability/effect (could even have questlines based upon them)
and maybe they won't have any effect unless you equip the full Indian's set (the rest of it anyway)

it could be like in the film Hot Rod, where they have the souls of the animal kingdom - before a stunt, Rod Kimble invokes spirit animals ("Totem spirit: fox")

"Spirits of the animal kingdom" from the film: eagle, fox, bottlenose dolphin, octopus, house cat.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not going to lie, I have mentioned the improvement of the Indian's set before but I think my topic might have been closed or deleted. I recommended using the tomahawk (or some variant) to expand the number of items involved, and to include jobs like "Peace Negotiations" and others in the set bonuses.

That being said I like this idea. The "Stone Chain" and "Sacred Talisman" already have a level of freedom as they're each a blank slate. These could be adapted into products like "Kudram's Parasol" and the "Walking Stick" to serve in the Indian's set could they not?

Deleted User - 1278415

Well with the introduction of 1.30... we should have pants and belts. With that we might get Indian Pants.

So lets hold off on this to see how pants affect our current sets and if not then this would be a good time to push this to say we have some wiggle room to improve upon that.

So I'd suggest revisiting this idea in Jan. 2011 if not sooner.

DeletedUser

Well with the introduction of 1.30... we should have pants and belts. With that we might get Indian Pants.

So lets hold off on this to see how pants affect our current sets and if not then this would be a good time to push this to say we have some wiggle room to improve upon that.

saw the pants & belts @ http://tw-db.info/ (I recently tried for there website, but for some reason I can't seem to connect with it)

...they look really lame & stupid (and I couldn't see any with set bonuses)

I think it's a bad idea

*edit* - found the temporary link http://www.tw-db.ibatu.sk/

DeletedUser

But if there is a indian pant, there will be a gentlemen pant too men :D

DeletedUser

well 1.3 is out and I haven't seen any changes to the item sets (description) - except for the addition of the greenhorn set, which seems to be the only item set that uses pants/belts

...and I still hate the pants & belts

DeletedUser22575

Proposal
improve Indian's set by adding either a product (sacred Piecepipe, herbal Medicine or special Arrow/Quiver of arrows) and/or a weapon (Bow & Arrows, Spear, Tomahawk or Buffalo Shield)

Reason
I recently did a calculation: and I found that the Gentleman's set gives 33 points more than that of the Indian's set (which has a set bonus of +40 labor points) towards Hunting buffalo, which doesn't make any sense... seeing as, if I wanted to do the job Hunting buffalo I wouldn't use the Indian's set which just happens to be the set with the set bonus specific to that job
...so maybe just raise the number of labor points for Hunting buffalo in the Indian's set

do the math and you will get a total of 155 coming from the Gentleman's set and only 122 from the Indian's set - this doesn't justify the lack of sufficient number of points from the Indian's set bonus towards the job Hunting buffalo.
so, as you can see, there is no logical reason (as long as you have the choice of the Gentleman's set) to use the Indian's set for Hunting buffalo, even though it has a set bonus specifically for that job (which makes it a waste of a set bonus)

I only found this out because I needed 12 hours of Hunting buffalo for the Game of life (Buffalo hunt) quest
and the only logical thing to do was to get my hands on a complete Item set - I just didn't know which to choose... until now

~b~e~l~o~w~ ~t~h~i~s~ ~l~i~n~e~ ~r~e~f~e~r~s~ ~t~o~ ~t~h~e~ ~v~e~r~y~ ~f~i~r~s~t~ ~s~e~n~t~e~n~c~e~

another idea for a product would be "totem animal spirits/souls/gaurdians" (note the plurality)
where you have different animals to collect, and they each have a unique ability/effect (could even have questlines based upon them)
and maybe they won't have any effect unless you equip the full Indian's set (the rest of it anyway)

it could be like in the film Hot Rod, where they have the souls of the animal kingdom - before a stunt, Rod Kimble invokes spirit animals ("Totem spirit: fox")

"Spirits of the animal kingdom" from the film: eagle, fox, bottlenose dolphin, octopus, house cat.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Interesting idea, especially with the possible quest lines to collect the totems.