Closed: Inter-Alliance Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This post has already been made, yes, but it was made by me. I am trying to put this out for INTER-ALLIANCE RANKING ONLY discussion. I value the system of ranking alliances against each other, however it is impeding the development of both options to have them in one post where discussion can not be continuous on one or the other.

So here it is, the summary of Inter-Alliance Rankings as a suggestion for consideration.

Proposal
Inter-Alliance Rankings

Current Workaround
None known to me

Details
Inter-Alliance rankings would be used to control the abilities and privileges of members WITHIN an alliance, to better facilitate the organization of an alliance.

Point Form

• Three different levels of towns within an alliance akin to the Founder Counsellor and Citizen town member statuses
  • A customizeable set of privileges, under the control of the higher ranked (3 rank system) towns in the alliance. See grepolis, tribal wars for examples.
  • A proposed limit to how many towns holding each rank an alliance can have (Discussion point)
  • A menu to be designed to facilitate the managing of privileges

Okay, that should outline that well enough, more ideas are sure to develop when people focus on just one ranking system at a time.

Abuse Prevention
Aside from better organization, there is no benefit to players, so there really is nothing to gain from trying to 'abuse' a ranking system within an allian

Visual Aides
Okay, I have an image, however I can't seem to get it onto this forum. If someone knows how to convert a file's size down to the acceptable size (Bitmap image) or who can find any way to post or to link to it, please send me your email and I will send you the image.

Also, you can find this privilege system by registering a Grepolis or Tribal Wars account and creating an alliance, or tribe (Grepolis and TW respectively) and check the privileges tab on the menu for your alliance or tribe. Also, try the games I really enjoyed them.

Sumary
Okay, this is why I posted the Point Form portion, but if it needs to be summarized, I would like to conduct a creative discussion about the ideas around INTER-alliance rankings and organization based around...

-ranking system
-rank titles
-# of towns holding title limits
-selection of privileges
-General points of INTER-alliance ranking interest.

Administration
Does this post follow the rules and guidelines of this forum? I'm not insulting anyone, I'm proposing my own idea, and it is in the proper format so..... yes

Has this already been posted? yes, however it was posted by ME and this is being done to better organize discussion because when my idea was combined with another thread, the ideas did not merge as they were not related except in the sense that they both involved a change to alliances.

Alright, thanks,

Josh aka Magoichi

Attachments

• The WEst Alliance Ranking.jpg
    The WEst Alliance Ranking.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

"Also, you can find this privilege system by registering a Grepolis or Tribal Wars account and creating an alliance, or tribe (Grepolis and TW respectively) and check the privileges tab on the menu for your alliance or tribe. Also, try the games I really enjoyed them."

sorry,i m not going to go create an account to look at your proposed system. you need to post it here for review not send me to open an account somewhere.

DeletedUser

Hey TJ, mind giving me your email so I can send it to you?. I mentioned that I already tried and couldn't upload it myself. Rather than shooting at my idea out of the pure need to find something wrong, how about making constructive criticism?

Okay I managed to use some online software to get it converted. If anyone has a problem with converting files, you can always use www.zamzar.com to get it done.

I should also note that the ability to read alliance mail is not really a suggestion, but a placeholder for another privilege as well. That's one of the Grepolis and TW ones so I put it in there as a quick spot holder.

On that note I would really like to get a discussion started about what privileges should be made available as privileges and control over them is a part of this idea, and there need to be actual abilities to change if this idea is to go through as it stands right now.

DeletedUser

Can someone help me out and suggest some different alliance privileges that they would like to see? I know a couple of these have already been mentioned, or that the thought is out there, but I kinda want to see what people think about them in a condensed form (Please try to list in point for the privileges you like, and why you like them. Or the ones you don't like and your reasoning for that).

Here's a few that have been on my mind, the starred ones I know for sure to be Tribal Wars and/or Grepolis based and therefore logically an easy transfer for Innogames.

• Ability to send alliance mail*
  • Ability to read secret alliance forums*
  • Ability to invite new members to the alliance*
  • Ability to designate titles*
  • Ability to choose change rankings*
  • Ability to change diplomacy

Okay, so there's a number of suggestions. Please, try to keep suggestions as summarized as possible unless they are inherently complex and require explanation.

Thank you

DeletedUser22575

Can someone help me out and suggest some different alliance privileges that they would like to see? I know a couple of these have already been mentioned, or that the thought is out there, but I kinda want to see what people think about them in a condensed form (Please try to list in point for the privileges you like, and why you like them. Or the ones you don't like and your reasoning for that).

Here's a few that have been on my mind, the starred ones I know for sure to be Tribal Wars and/or Grepolis based and therefore logically an easy transfer for Innogames.

• Ability to send alliance mail*
  • Ability to read secret alliance forums*
  • Ability to invite new members to the alliance*
  • Ability to designate titles*
  • Ability to choose change rankings*
  • Ability to change diplomacy
Okay, so there's a number of suggestions. Please, try to keep suggestions as summarized as possible unless they are inherently complex and require explanation.

Thank you

There is no proposed accounting sitting with this system is there ?

DeletedUser

Um, not really, considering that this isn't really a privilege. If you are referring to the image, I apologize it was a poorly edited image taken from a screenshot on Tribal Wars.

I can edit the image again to everyone's preference lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit///

Okay, so last time I posted a new reply without someone having posted I got warned, so I'm not going to this time.

Anyways, Good Feather, would you like to weigh in on this? I know you've been watching the forums so I've been waiting to hear your really well-summed-up ideas on this. I've tried to put this together well, and considering that Inno isn't new to this idea it shouldn't be a huge problem. So, could you maybe get the opinion of one of the developers or someone else? I just can't progress this any further as is, without anyone's input.

Okay seriously, is anyone going to weigh in on this idea? I would really appreciate some suggestions, if no one is going to comment beyond this point, Good Feather, would you mind letting me just work out a well organized idea with you so that we can create something functional to send to the developers?

I don't think that the idea has lost postings due to lack of support as it has for the fact that being moved multiple times and being paired into that other thread have confused the point. Could you maybe place some links in related posts to try and direct a few more people to take a look at this? The feedback we've had thus far has been positive so I doubt that it will be taken as a negative suggestion for people to read.

If we can't get more people replying then I'll simply edit the entire thread to make it into a concise yet detailed proposal. Does this work for you?

P.S
I did not put this in as an edit because I needed you to read this Good Feather, and I am unsure if editing causes the icon on the main forum page to highlight.

Thanks,

Josh

Deleted User - 1278415

Ive done as much as I can on this idea.. my job is to make sure it is in guidelines format and it is... when you have idea that is in a presentable format and you get some folk to say yes it is ready to vote then I'll put a poll on it.

I've been busy recently to sponsor or undertake this particular topic as I'm not fully behind this idea.

Just let me know when you have it ready and I'll see what people have been saying and see if it has a chance at 80% of the vote.

DeletedUser

Final Summary (with changes made upon request)

This post has already been made, yes, but it was made by me. I am trying to put this out for INTER-ALLIANCE RANKING ONLY discussion. I value the system of ranking alliances against each other, however it is impeding the development of both options to have them in one post where discussion can not be continuous on one or the other.

So here it is, the summary of Inter-Alliance Rankings as a suggestion for consideration.

Proposal
Inter-Alliance Rankings

Current Workaround
None known to me

Details
Inter-Alliance rankings would be used to control the abilities and privileges of members WITHIN an alliance, to better facilitate the organization of an alliance.

Point Form
-->Three different levels of towns within an alliance akin to the Founder Counsellor and Citizen town member statuses
-->These Ranks would be (subject to changes in name and number of slots available by the developers to suit their fancy):
-->Founder (at most 2 towns in an alliance allowed to hold the founder status)
-->Capitol (from 7-12 towns able to hold this status)
-->No Title / Initiates (no limit on the number of initiate towns in an alliance)

-->A customizeable set of privileges, under the control of the higher ranked (3 rank system) towns in the alliance.
-->Proposed Privileges would be:
-->The ability to change the privileges of lower ranked towns (ranked by assigned status)
-->Ability to send alliance invitations
-->Ability to dismiss members of the alliance (of lower rank)
-->Ability to change alliance diplomacy
-->Ability to change the alliance's display message (much like a town's banner, but for an in-game alliance window like you would have for inventory, town, rankings, town forum etc.)
-->Ability to send alliance-wide mail

-->A limit (already stated) to the number of towns in an alliance that can hold a certain status.

-->A tab, much like the inventory, town, town forum etc. to be created in order to facilitate the management of an alliance.
--> under this tab there would be:
--> Overview (like a town banner, the outward appearance to anyone looking at the alliance, with a text area, able to be edited by alliance members with the proper permissions.
--> Members (a list, either public, or alliance-only) that displays the names, ranks, number of members, construction points etc. of each town in the alliance.
-->Diplomacy (optional): a tab wherein the diplomacy of an alliance is visible to the members of the alliance, where the state of diplomatic relations (Enemy, Ally, or NAP) can be displayed. Tribal Wars and Grepolis both have this option so Innogames developers shouldn't have a problem transferring the concept.
--> Settings: a tab wherein the outward appearance text, alliance logo, etc can be changed by members with the proper permissions
-->[this concept should not be foreign to Innogames. Two of their other game possess this system, and they work quite well on it]

Okay, that should outline that well enough, more ideas are sure to develop when people focus on just one ranking system at a time.

Abuse Prevention
Aside from better organization, there is no benefit to players, so there really is nothing to gain from trying to 'abuse' a ranking system within an allian

Visual Aides
There is a very basic visual attachment in the first thread.

Administration
Does this post follow the rules and guidelines of this forum? I'm not insulting anyone, I'm proposing my own idea, and it is in the proper format so..... yes

Has this already been posted? yes, however it was posted by ME and this is being done to better organize discussion because when my idea was combined with another thread, the ideas did not merge as they were not related except in the sense that they both involved a change to alliances.

Alright, thanks,

Josh aka Magoichi

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I like the idea.
I have nothing against it.
This idea has the potential to be successful.
Good work magoichi.

DeletedUser22575

Proposal
Inter-Alliance Rankings

Current Workaround
None known to me

Details

Point Form
-->Three different levels of towns within an alliance akin to the Founder Counsellor and Citizen town member statuses
-->These Ranks would be (subject to changes in name and number of slots available by the developers to suit their fancy):
-->Founder (at most 2 towns in an alliance allowed to hold the founder status)
-->Capitol (from 7-12 towns able to hold this status)
-->No Title / Initiates (no limit on the number of initiate towns in an alliance)

-->A customizeable set of privileges, under the control of the higher ranked (3 rank system) towns in the alliance.
-->Proposed Privileges would be:
-->The ability to change the privileges of lower ranked towns (ranked by assigned status)
-->Ability to send alliance invitations
-->Ability to dismiss members of the alliance (of lower rank)
-->Ability to change alliance diplomacy
-->Ability to change the alliance's display message (much like a town's banner, but for an in-game alliance window like you would have for inventory, town, rankings, town forum etc.)
-->Ability to send alliance-wide mail

-->A limit (already stated) to the number of towns in an alliance that can hold a certain status.

-->A tab, much like the inventory, town, town forum etc. to be created in order to facilitate the management of an alliance.
--> under this tab there would be:
--> Overview (like a town banner, the outward appearance to anyone looking at the alliance, with a text area, able to be edited by alliance members with the proper permissions.
--> Members (a list, either public, or alliance-only) that displays the names, ranks, number of members, construction points etc. of each town in the alliance.
-->Diplomacy (optional): a tab wherein the diplomacy of an alliance is visible to the members of the alliance, where the state of diplomatic relations (Enemy, Ally, or NAP) can be displayed. Tribal Wars and Grepolis both have this option so Innogames developers shouldn't have a problem transferring the concept.
--> Settings: a tab wherein the outward appearance text, alliance logo, etc can be changed by members with the proper permissions
-->[this concept should not be foreign to Innogames. Two of their other game possess this system, and they work quite well on it]

Abuse Prevention

Visual Aides
There is a very basic visual attachment in the first thread.

Administration

Alright, thanks,

Josh aka Magoichi

Actually what you are doing here is setting the standard that all towns within an alliance are not equal and are not equally valued as members of the alliance.

I see no reason why any town would join an alliance where they have less privileges than any other town in the alliance.

This right here.....Inter-Alliance rankings would be used to control the abilities and privileges of members WITHIN an alliance, to better facilitate the organization of an alliance...

presents the opportunity for "top" towns to abuse those that are smaller or able to "contribute less" and it will happen.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Actually what you are doing here is setting the standard that all towns within an alliance are not equal and are not equally valued as members of the alliance.

I see no reason why any town would join an alliance where they have less privileges than any other town in the alliance.

This right here.....Inter-Alliance rankings would be used to control the abilities and privileges of members WITHIN an alliance, to better facilitate the organization of an alliance...

presents the opportunity for "top" towns to abuse those that are smaller or able to "contribute less" and it will happen.

This concept of privileges is the same in EVERY town. Some town members have more privileges than others. To give privileges in an alliance is exactly the same as in a town except it's on a bigger scale.
So privileges are part of the game AND part of life.

DeletedUser22575

This concept of privileges is the same in EVERY town. Some town members have more privileges than others. To give privileges in an alliance is exactly the same as in a town except it's on a bigger scale.
So privileges are part of the game AND part of life.

Except it has not been this way in the past with alliances.

This will give the "top towns" more opportunity to keep smaller towns "under there thumb".

And players play this as an escape from RL...not to have more just like it.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
If a town is in an alliance, they are respected by everyone in that alliance even if they are a small town.
Therefore someone in that small town may get picked for a job in the alliance.
It's not about big towns running the alliance, it's about responsible, competent, trustworthy individuals running the alliance no matter what size town they are from.

DeletedUser22575

If a town is in an alliance, they are respected by everyone in that alliance even if they are a small town.
Therefore someone in that small town may get picked for a job in the alliance.
It's not about big towns running the alliance, it's about responsible, competent, trustworthy individuals running the alliance no matter what size town they are from.

And some towns do it that way...and some don't.

I don't ever see this happening. To many towns are going to oppose this form of control by another town and think for all practical purposes this could be closed.

DeletedUser

You DO realize that both of the other major Innogames titles, Tribal Wars and Grepolis utilize this system and have no problem with it right?

The towns hold the same system on a smaller scale, as Sambee said. If you're afraid of having to deal with an unfair alliance then you have the choice to leave and create your own, fair version. I have played both Tribal Wars and Grepolis and if you are an active, competent player, people don't tend to care what level you are or how many people there are in your town. An asset is an asset regardless of how you want to view it and most people understand this. Those who don't will inevitably fall behind.

Also, these privileges do not RESTRICT lower ranked towns. It just ensures a couple of things.

1. that a founder won't be unnecessarily booted (I've had people in towns invite in other players from hostile towns. Those players have then attacked builders in order to spark conflicts, and I've been booted by people who were my friends and it turned out I couldn't trust them. This provided as a screening process to be available).

2. that some level of organization can be maintained within the alliances. You CAN'T have a well-lead alliance without a leader, and a hierarchy of players. This is just how the world works and if you look at the forums TJ, most people are looking for a view into a more "authentic feeling" game. In life, there are hierarchies both social and political wherever you go. They are inescapable. The point of this system is not to hold back smaller towns, as they are free to band together at any time if they feel abused, and create their own alliance.

This adds a diplomatic edge to the gameplay and I believe that it will intensify and deepen the level of immersion into the game.

Edit:

Also, the privileges are not some sort of all-restraining system. Look at the proposed ones, they do not differ much from what players are already able to be restricted from in town rankings. Sending invitations, reading certain forum posts, none of this is NEW per say, simply an adaptation of a smaller system into a larger one in order to benefit the organizers of alliances.

Deleted User - 1278415

You DO realize that both of the other major Innogames titles, Tribal Wars and Grepolis utilize this system and have no problem with it right?

Good point... but shouldnt there be some differences between the games? Just because other games have this system doesnt necessarily mean we should have it to hang power/control over an alliance to 1 or 2 towns.

I believe the developers like the fact that there is some chaos and you have to use your wits to maintain order yourself without an ingame mechanism.

DeletedUser22575

The towns hold the same system on a smaller scale, as Sambee said. If you're afraid of having to deal with an unfair alliance then you have the choice to leave and create your own, fair version. I have played both Tribal Wars and Grepolis and if you are an active, competent player, people don't tend to care what level you are or how many people there are in your town. An asset is an asset regardless of how you want to view it and most people understand this. Those who don't will inevitably fall behind.

Also, these privileges do not RESTRICT lower ranked towns. It just ensures a couple of things.

1. that a founder won't be unnecessarily booted (I've had people in towns invite in other players from hostile towns. Those players have then attacked builders in order to spark conflicts, and I've been booted by people who were my friends and it turned out I couldn't trust them. This provided as a screening process to be available).

2. that some level of organization can be maintained within the alliances. You CAN'T have a well-lead alliance without a leader, and a hierarchy of players. This is just how the world works and if you look at the forums TJ, most people are looking for a view into a more "authentic feeling" game. In life, there are hierarchies both social and political wherever you go. They are inescapable. The point of this system is not to hold back smaller towns, as they are free to band together at any time if they feel abused, and create their own alliance.

This adds a diplomatic edge to the gameplay and I believe that it will intensify and deepen the level of immersion into the game.

Edit:

Also, the privileges are not some sort of all-restraining system. Look at the proposed ones, they do not differ much from what players are already able to be restricted from in town rankings. Sending invitations, reading certain forum posts, none of this is NEW per say, simply an adaptation of a smaller system into a larger one in order to benefit the organizers of alliances.

I could care less what Tribal Wars and Grepolis do. If I was interested I would be playing them and not The West.

And I am not interested in making The West a carbon copy of either of them.

As far as taking some game system step to prevent a founder from being kicked through a hostile take over....NO.

A hostile take over is a valid game tactic to dispose of enemy towns and turn them into friendly towns.

It should be up to the town players to handle internal town politics...not have a computer system do it for them. The solution to preventing town take overs is quite simple. Only appoint founders you trust.

Things such as these are part of the political and diplomacy part of the game that some players enjoy.

So again...NO to this.

Deleted User - 1278415

Closing this idea... for now. I don't see a high demand for this idea at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.