Maneuvers reworked and re-done

DeletedUser

The idea is to make players use the maneuvers more and improve the effectiveness of what they are for a do do. also spread awareness of the maneuvers.

The proposal includes details such as:

• Timing
  • Setting actual limits on people
  • Announcements in the reports
  • Maneuver reports
  • Letting players know what they actually do
  • The round Times
There aren't many workarounds at the moment and the maneuvers can be used a lot more.

The details are as follows:

Timing:

The timing would be set up so that when you call for a practice you can set a join in time to a maximum of 48 hours. the reason for doubled time is because they are practices and it would give people more notice and would allow for better practices with more participants. This would be a major improvement over the current system

Setting limits on people:

By this i mean you can change the default people allowed, so you could have 12-10 fort battle only for people to really hone their skills and develop better tactical battles. Also this would also help to simulate small amounts of people within large fort battle

(as part of abuse prevention, you would not be allowed to increase the default maximum allowed, so it still would be 52-40 -120-100, 140-120 if those are the correct numbers)

Announcements in your reports:

Small idea, when a maneuver is called the Towns of that fort would receive a report of it being called. this would be a great feature to let people know.

note: this would be a major implementation, but if a lead town of a alliance calls the maneuver then that person could set it so that reports are sent to all towns within the alliance and the fort.

Maneuver reports:

Noticing from a few maneuvers you only can see the battle report at the end and when you close it it goes forever, so like a real battle you would receive a report of the maneuver, this would help to look at average damage of you all your fort fighters and see whose doing the better jobs etc. it would also allow the linking and publication of the practice as well for others who didn't participate to look at.

Round times:

The round times should be changed so that they arent so long at the beginning and if it is possible to code in, the option should be given to the person who called the battle to set different round times.

Increase awareness:

I have noticed also a lot of players dont actually know what these do and arent aware of the system. to mke them more aware before joining to a maneuver or on the maneuver page you could have a small wiki or brief of what the maneuver does before signing up so this would show them what exactly the maneuver does.

Quick summary,
plenty of ideas into this, a few small ones and some big ones but overall i think it would make the current system a lot more popular and easier to use.

I am open to any more ideas that i can implement into this post and i will keep the idea up and motivated so we can get it into the next stage.

any other suggestions to be added? im open to criticism

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love the Idea, but I think one more thing should be added, don't know how.

Control over how much life everyone has (start out with 100%) this is for maneuvers only, and I don't show up to the real deal with 48 health, why should I practice that way?

DeletedUser

add- if you close the muenover window a way to re-open it.
rest is good.

DeletedUser

Am i right in thinking you actually have to travel to the fort the maneuver is taking place ?
I havent bohtered with this new feature though if it actually helps new players and all that taking part in fort battles I'll back any idea's that helps fort battles :)

DeletedUser

Am i right in thinking you actually have to travel to the fort the maneuver is taking place ?
I havent bohtered with this new feature though if it actually helps new players and all that taking part in fort battles I'll back any idea's that helps fort battles :)

No you don't have to travel, or interrupt work/sleep.

DeletedUser

also salvaging this idea the maneuver need to be reworked to allow the practice of tactics et