bounty award improvement

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date

DeletedUser9470

i dont know how to post(format) and havent got the time maybe later:

a real wanted poster would show who is paying the reward:

krause2.jpg

http://justice.uaa.alaska.edu/images/features/images/krause2.jpg

it would be nice to know who has put an award on your head.

DeletedUser

Nah... Maybe as an option when you put a bounty then you choose to be publically known or anonymous.

DeletedUser22575

No reason for who puts the bounty up to be anonymous other than they are the same ones who scream "builder killers", call duelers cowards and use quest duels to keep themselves ko'd. :laugh:

They like cowardly systems and the last thing they want is their name out there as putting up a bounty.

DeletedUser

I'd like to know who puts a bounty on my head so I can seek revenge...

Also, I want people to know I put a bounty on their head so they can hate me more ;)

I've put a few bounties out and I've had to resort to sending them a message to gloat I put a 5k reward for their head. And of course they make fun of me saying I can't do it on my own so I have to pay someone else to do it hehe...

Anyways... I think they should know who's out to get them. No anonymous! Be a man (women) and fess up!

DeletedUser

Actually, I have other suggestions regarding the bounty.

First of all, shouldn't I be able to get a report of the actual duel taking place, who won the bounty et al. I mean, the very reason why I put a bounty on someone was to watch him suffer. The fact that my "target" was dueled, I found that out from visiting the sheriff and checking the statistics. And, I would like to have the opportunity to "thank" (not really, but at least I would like to know who that person is) the one who exacted vengeance on my behalf!

Deleted User - 1278415

I kinda like the anonymous sake of it. People are using the system more often. If they knew that they would be hunted down for it then they wouldnt use the system.

I'd like to see an added feature... require that the person be KO'd in order to collect the bounty.

Right now the first person to win a duel against said opponent wins the bounty. So that seems like a waste of money to me to put a bounty on someones head when they just give a little flesh wound... when I want my 10,000 to go for a KO a real distinguishing win so that person leaves me alone for 48 hours.

DeletedUser22575

I kinda like the anonymous sake of it. People are using the system more often. If they knew that they would be hunted down for it then they wouldnt use the system.

I'd like to see an added feature... require that the person be KO'd in order to collect the bounty.

Right now the first person to win a duel against said opponent wins the bounty. So that seems like a waste of money to me to put a bounty on someones head when they just give a little flesh wound... when I want my 10,000 to go for a KO a real distinguishing win so that person leaves me alone for 48 hours.

I agree on the KO part..it is a waste the way it is now.

At a minimum though a Town Name should go on the reward poster. Especially if it was changed to a KO system. If your going to have a player ko'd you should either be prepared to face the consequences of it or not do it.

Deleted User - 1278415

oh come on this is campees revenge. This is something the campees have been waiting for, some way to get the campers off thier backs, and now you want to know which campee town it was so you can go camp on them some more???

DeletedUser22575

oh come on this is campees revenge. This is something the campees have been waiting for, some way to get the campers off thier backs, and now you want to know which campee town it was so you can go camp on them some more???

They got the campees off their back with the 1.29 change. If it is going to be a game change system to where rewards will be offered for KO's then that presents the potential that a player could be ko'd every 48 hours for "campees revenge"

When a town was camped and a player was ko'd they knew who did it. Players knowing who had them ko'd under a reward system and players knowing who put up the reward would be nothing but fair and equal to the previous system and give the player being ko'd the same knowledge that the "campees" had.

But imo it is obvious since you were one of those "campees" under the previous system you are not interested in fairness, but "revenge".

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

yea I was and so I had to learn to get others to help me, self ko, or just leave town. Guess it burned me on seeing duels... I never really cared for dueling.

When you have a town neighbor that is set in their ways of being a top 50 dueling town and you just want to learn the game as I was... it was a hard world to live on.

but I will listen to any ideas :)

DeletedUser22575

yea I was and so I had to learn to get others to help me, self ko, or just leave town. Guess it burned me on seeing duels... I never really cared for dueling.

When you have a town neighbor that is set in their ways of being a top 50 dueling town and you just want to learn the game as I was... it was a hard world to live on.

but I will listen to any ideas :)

Well I got an idea. Several of them in fact.

1. With the present dueling system players often have to travel considerable distance to duel only to find that the player has moved. I myself have chased one player for up to 3 hours time. And that is with the full mex set and one nugget for each move.

This is in fact going to lead to one of two things imo. Either it will kill dueling as so many of you want..or it will lead to essentially nothing but 0 mot dueling with players giving up on exp dueling and being selective about targets.

If you think camping was bad try and imagine what it is going to be like with anyone and everyone being a target for duelers no matter their class.

Despite the fact that I am a dueler I do try and look at things from both sides. But the bottom line is I do enjoy dueling, I don't have 2-3 hours to spend for every duel for exp on meaningful targets just as many other don't playing this game.

What I see as a possible solution is when you get within 10 minutes of your target he is "locked in", no longer able to move positions.

This would in effect accomplish the following:

1. Knock off the rabbit effect with players.
2. It would in effect provide a "10 minute duel warning" that so many have asked for. It would give them the opportunity to change to defensive gear if they happened to be online.
3. It would allow them to try and contact other town members/allies to attack back if any were in range, providing a "posse effect" that many seem to think to be fair and realsitic.

While 2 and 3 do provide some disadvantage to duelers IMO they are minimal and better than chasing someone all over the west trying to duel them when under the present conditions it is easier and less time consuming to duel NPC.

Way to many players seem to have forgotten one of the bedrocks of this game when it started way dueling and seem quite determined to kill dueling off turning it into nothing but a questing and fort fighting game because thats what they want it to be irregardless of the fact that other players both play for different reasons than they do with different goals.

DeletedUser9470

knowing who has put bounty on my head would allow me to change targets.
if its possible to avoid getting bounty on my head then i will do so, so staying away from the ones who would do this would be the solution.
as it is now im still going round farming those i have always farmed.

DeletedUser

Not sure if i like the idea, I was going to suggest the player with bounty on head can pay a % of the bounty to see who put it on their head, only problem is the mult bounties which add up. I guess it could mean you have to pay the full percentage to get intel on all the players that put reward out on you.
This would help taking some of the silly cash now ingame out too :)
Could even make it a report with a % of achance for the spy/informent to give the correct information or none at all as he ran off with your cash, the dirty, cheating , scoundrel :laugh:
Just some idea's nothing I personally would back, as dueling happens.
I'd rather make it a free for all now, it's silly players like to be townless cowards, they should be fair game. They shouldnt be rewarded for being townless , should be punished the same as the rest of us :laugh:

DeletedUser22575

Not sure if i like the idea, I was going to suggest the player with bounty on head can pay a % of the bounty to see who put it on their head, only problem is the mult bounties which add up. I guess it could mean you have to pay the full percentage to get intel on all the players that put reward out on you.
This would help taking some of the silly cash now ingame out too :)
Could even make it a report with a % of achance for the spy/informent to give the correct information or none at all as he ran off with your cash, the dirty, cheating , scoundrel :laugh:
Just some idea's nothing I personally would back, as dueling happens.
I'd rather make it a free for all now, it's silly players like to be townless cowards, they should be fair game. They shouldnt be rewarded for being townless , should be punished the same as the rest of us :laugh:

You want players to have to pay to find out which anonymous "cowards" to use your terminology put a bounty on their head and then call townless players "cowards".

Whatever their reason is for being out of town, RL, shopping, or just a different style of play at least you know who they are..

You want a percentage on something..if players want to do anonymous bounties they should have to pay a premium percentage..say about 50% to represent the skull drudgery and sneaking around that would be required to arrange it..

DeletedUser

i think the person should know theve got a bounty on their heads like a report or somthing just to give a heads up and to put the fear into their soul. also i like all the ideas on this page and it would be more fun to have them all in the game

DeletedUser

You want players to have to pay to find out which anonymous "cowards" to use your terminology put a bounty on their head and then call townless players "cowards".

Whatever their reason is for being out of town, RL, shopping, or just a different style of play at least you know who they are..

You want a percentage on something..if players want to do anonymous bounties they should have to pay a premium percentage..say about 50% to represent the skull drudgery and sneaking around that would be required to arrange it..

What are you talking about, I didnt call players cowards in towns only players out of towns, it's a game how would RL matter if someone duels you it doesn't you might even win. Which is a benefit. Dueling is a big part of the game like it or not. Leaving town for Shopping isnt even needed anymore just ask the town you seen the item you want at to list it buy it now for alittle extra for the trouble sorted. No need to leave town.
Atleast you know who they are what you on drugs ? how do i know them they dont take part in fort battles, dueling, construction/donating , helping at all, sharing, whats the point playing an online game if you dont socialize ?
I was suggesting to find out who put bounty on you , you pay a informative only fair you know what a informative is ? its a RAT, Grass, BIG MOUTH, LOOSE LIPS , like I said im not sure i even like the idea. Im quite help you cant tell keeps players guessing. Though yeah players not in towns ARE COWARDS, CHICKENS, YELLOW BELLIES, i cant wait for the day they are fair game :laugh:
i think the person should know theve got a bounty on their heads like a report or somthing just to give a heads up and to put the fear into their soul. also i like all the ideas on this page and it would be more fun to have them all in the game

You can see under your own sheriff office, if you have been targeted though a report would be nice ;)

DeletedUser22575

What are you talking about, I didnt call players cowards in towns only players out of towns, it's a game how would RL matter if someone duels you it doesn't you might even win. Which is a benefit. Dueling is a big part of the game like it or not. Leaving town for Shopping isnt even needed anymore just ask the town you seen the item you want at to list it buy it now for alittle extra for the trouble sorted. No need to leave town.
Atleast you know who they are what you on drugs ? how do i know them they dont take part in fort battles, dueling, construction/donating , helping at all, sharing, whats the point playing an online game if you dont socialize ?
I was suggesting to find out who put bounty on you , you pay a informative only fair you know what a informative is ? its a RAT, Grass, BIG MOUTH, LOOSE LIPS , like I said im not sure i even like the idea. Im quite help you cant tell keeps players guessing. Though yeah players not in towns ARE COWARDS, CHICKENS, YELLOW BELLIES, i cant wait for the day they are fair game :laugh:

You can see under your own sheriff office, if you have been targeted though a report would be nice ;)

There is still plenty of reason for leaving town to shop. The traveling merchant may not have what you want, the new merchant system price wanted for an item may be far more than what it is worth.

By knowing who they are I mean you can check the ranking system and it shows you who does not belong to a town.

Why not socialize? Because they may not want to..maybe they don't have time for it and just want to play a little..or maybe because they have standards when it comes to socializing and to many don't meet them..who knows. But bottom line it is their style of play and they are no more cowardly than anyone else.

And just so you know there are just as many cowards in town as anywhere. Just look at all who use a quest duel to ko themselves every 48 hours just as regular as clock work.

DeletedUser

There is still plenty of reason for leaving town to shop. The traveling merchant may not have what you want, the new merchant system price wanted for an item may be far more than what it is worth.

By knowing who they are I mean you can check the ranking system and it shows you who does not belong to a town.

Why not socialize? Because they may not want to..maybe they don't have time for it and just want to play a little..or maybe because they have standards when it comes to socializing and to many don't meet them..who knows. But bottom line it is their style of play and they are no more cowardly than anyone else.

And just so you know there are just as many cowards in town as anywhere. Just look at all who use a quest duel to ko themselves every 48 hours just as regular as clock work.

Hmm maybe I wasnt clear, if a item isnt for sale on the market you find a town that has that item and you get them to list it with a buy it now. You wont have to leave your town. Why would they list it because they will charge you a fee for doing so, just like the old days when towns want you to pay a small fee for inviting you for a shopping pass. This way atleast they definetly have to pay the fee if they want the item.

Lets get real townies get hotel, less fee when banking cash and can buy the items in the shops at retail prices. Yeah they have to take afew duels now and then everyone does that's in a town.
What can non townies do ? what bonus do they get ? oh yeah thats all they get immunity against dueling because they dont even take part.
Anyways thats how i feel about non town players which is irrelevant to this topic. PM me if you still that bothered about what I reckon on the matter of non townies.

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok lets get back on subject here.

The idea on the posting is

Title: Wanted Posters
Objective: Add some details to the sheriff office wanted posters:
1. know who posted the bounty
2. if not the name then the town name of where the person who placed bounty.
3. If not neither of those two then an alert to let bountee know there is a bounty on his head.
4. let the person who placed the bounty know that his bounty was collected and possibly know if the person was wounded or a ko was done.

Discuss negative and positive for each as necessary or add to the list as well.

DeletedUser16008

I like most of them a lot

1 Sure why not ? it also helps in being aware of those annoying cross world players that hold a grudge. or charge them a substantial fee for staying anonymous.
2 Certainly it would and should be the least of the info given as bounties were nearly always signed by a town Governor, judge or sheriff
3 Would save a lot of time checking on a daily basis why not ? seems easy enough to do
4 Absolutely who wouldnt want to know their cash had been collected and the bounty fulfilled and to what extent ? and maybe even the name of the collector or report sent to the instigator so they can be thanked in person etc

Theres the positive cos im a positive person :)

Last edited by a moderator: