CLOSED: Improving the automation feature in premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser563

Improving the automation feature in premium:

Here is another idea of mine and one of the reason I don't think premium works.To start it is similar to the equipment sets idea that has already passed with a few major differences. One your clothing is autochanged based on a association you create with a job. Two equipment sets I dont think you can link to a job you create it and then may use it for multiple jobs. It will also involves searching for the correct equipment set each time you do a job,right. Which is anyway what you do when you access wesstats and have imported your inventory.

We all know that you have to change your clothing constantly to get the optimum effect of doing a job. The theory is simple “automation” is flawed when queuing 8 jobs in a row you can never achieve the optimum clothing for each job i.e. taking into account you can only work a job twice or the morale factor brings down the optimum result or you work the same job 8 times and your morale bottoms and your result is dismal.

What I suggest is they create a separate database server side whereby you can associate clothing with a certain job and during gameplay clothing is auto changed. For example I add certain clothing to the oil drilling job and secondly the required clothing to the steering a paddle steamer job. When I request a job the program checks whether I'm premium if so it checks my association database whether I have associated any clothing with the particular job. If yes it test whether I can do the job with the clothing set . If no it test whether I could do it with the clothing on and adds that clothing to the association When I do oil drilling it is done with the first equipment set I created if i do steering a paddle steamer another equipment set is loaded and I do the job with that equipment set without(and this is the most important part) logging in again to change my clothing.My idea would be ideal for premium as premium has nothing really that would convince me to buy it at any stage.

So lets say you have premium today you want to make money so I must do drilling oil for 4 hours then I must recloth in order to do paddle streamer for say 4 hours. I don’t have premium but if you can add up to 8 items to the queue at a time which it claims you can do what does it help if you have to log in again to change your clothing after say 4 hours. Another example that is applicable to me is as follows I cannot do Oil drilling unless I wear 4 mexican set items also I cannot do steering a paddle steamer without wearing the fancy leather jacket but even at max clothing I only have 1 or 2 labor points spare. So if I get automation I couldnt queue these jobs or I can queue one at the start but must then study weststats for jobs that would benefit from the same equipment set.

Abuse
I play a lot of online games similar features is brought in almost all of them. As this is just a premium feature and targeted on the automation feature of premium I would say this couldnt be said to be a abusive system but rather a right that a player that pays for automation should have. I queue 8 jobs but is stuck with the clothing on all 8 jobs and cant queue certain jobs etc.If you argue this will create a bot. No you still choose the jobs you do and the length of time you do it so an expert player will still get a better result than say a person who doesn’t understand morale etc as well. You will also still have to choose the clothing but without the constant schlep of looking up what the best clothing is on webstats. I am not suggesting that the clothing is auto chosen for you

I would also like such a feature and would definitely buy premium for it and I have been on here since 2008 so think I have a reasonable good idea how this game work and what would sell and what not. In the new worlds they are even selling AP’s and SP so obviously they want more money and who cares to fork out a couple of bucks to make your life easier certainly not me.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I said already NO.

Why? A player has to click. Click. And click. Clicky clicky.
No bots for offliners please.

1 star - terrible.

DeletedUser

So,If I got this right,its about automatic changing of clothes during work,by the premium feature.Well on the first view it looks nice,but I think it has some holes in it.What if you accidently sell one of the items?How would it be changed if you don't have one.I'm afraid that somehow this could be abused in different ways....:)

DeletedUser563

Ok if you get past a certain stage you dont sell your clothing anymore. I have 3 high paying jobs and get high priced duplicate items all the time. It cant be abused because the effect is basically the same as a person queing 2 jobs goint to weststats to look up best clothing for job , changing his clothing and then queuing the next 2 jobs but why should a ordinary player get more benefit than a player that purchased the premium feature automation. That would be the whole point of the change. It will be an premium feature only if implemented. Also programming usually involves error prevention rather that error correction so a good programmer will make the program check the inventory for inconsistencies or just tell him when he sells "the item this has a association please substitute with similar item". Any idea is anyway workshoped to death by programmers because programming also involves system design which handles all these perceived problems.

DeletedUser563

Ok I dont know how one do this. Dont care also but you can close this thread due to lack of interest. Ps dont want to be nasty but dont get why everybody value joker's opinion. But ok so be it. The main problem with this suggestion I think is that no one is really interested in premium. To be truthful by the time they implemented it I may be at the max level and wouldnt have gotten premium anyway.

DeletedUser

You're pretty wrong in that last post. We all value everyone's opinion. If you mean "the attitude" someone uses while posting, c'mon, if everyone would have the same style of writing, the world would be boring. ;)

About premiums, I'm really interested in ideas about new premiums. I have money, I use(d) all current premiums except the evil premium, and I'd love to see some new premiums. But a premium that would play your character instead of you? No. I'll never bless such premium.

DeletedUser22575

Good idea.

If they are going to sell me something so i can que 8 hours of work using automation the system should auto pick and change to the best clothing set for me. Otherwise its not much use limited to only a few jobs you can do without changing clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Closing thread as your idea fails to meet these standards.

The reason I'm pulling this card is that your idea suggests adding servers, and to me that is additional coding that is unnecessary and while well thought out on your part... it really adds a lot of development time to a small feature that honestly for the time and effort doesn't balance out to be much appreciated effort on the developers should it ever goto the drawing board.

And second due to the OP asking for the thread to be closed.. I will honor it.
Should anyone want to reopen this then pm me or a mod and give us a compelling reason on why it should be reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.