Closed: Houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

OVERVEW:

Hear's an idea that I hope you like. The idea is that you can build houses. you can own a house and be a member of a city or not. Its use is that you can go to it an store money and sleep. You can also charge a fee for other players to stay there but that's optional.

THE HOUSES INSIDE:

Once you select the house you are brought to a room with a bed a desk and a safe. You can select them and you can do stuff with them.

THE DESK:

If you chose the dest it brings you to a couple of options.
1:upgrade
2:rent

If you chose upgrade you can build on your house and pass levels like a city(There are 5 levels).
If you chose rent then you can mark a price for other players to stay and sleep.

THE BED:

If you chose the bed than you can sleep. The bed acts just like a citys hotel which you can upgrade.

THE SAFE:

Now the safe means that you and only you can store cash in it. If the houses level is 1 then you can store $150. If it is level 2 then you can store $300. If it is level 3 you can store $600. If it is level 4 then you can store $1200. if it is level 5 then you can store $2400.

DeletedUser

So, why not use your town's hotel and bank? :blink:
If you aren't a member of a town you don't really need to bank, and if you've chosen the adventurer class, like many wandering players have, you can sleep in the hotel dormitory for free.

DeletedUser

Houses would be useless because you can already do these things at a town. You need to intro new features that house provides.

DeletedUser

like the idea of housing but rethink it so it will provide what yago06 said

DeletedUser

disagree, as what you've said, you'd use town-building areas, or make new building-house areas, that'd make the map pretty much crammed. Seriously, think of every 50 member towns, and that every one would want to make a house, what are they going to do? move on other maps?*speculation*

DeletedUser25233

I'm new to the game, and still haven't gotten my head around some aspects of it, and so am probably mistaken here, but I think it sounds like a good idea - especially for non-adventurers who prefer to spend considerable amounts of time outside a town.

Also, this would work if another idea of mine, the 'town gate' was adopted. I imagined the town gate would be a place people from town could volunteer some time to watch over the people trying to get into your town. Then they could duel people on their town's 'black list' that they didn't want to have entry (thereby protecting their workers). Actually, I suppose the houses proposed in this thread would then largely become villain's hideouts...

DeletedUser

how many towns did you see in the WW*wild west* with town gates?>.> The only gates I remember are fort ones.

And if you want your idea to get accepted mrnnh, modify yer original post, don't use it on other people's idea posts, please XD

DeletedUser25233

yes, but...

disagree, as what you've said, you'd use town-building areas, or make new building-house areas, that'd make the map pretty much crammed. Seriously, think of every 50 member towns, and that every one would want to make a house, what are they going to do? move on other maps?*speculation*

-it'd be alright if the house thing only stayed up with maintenance. You've got to, say, put $50 towards the house every so often to keep it in order, otherwise it decays fast, and eventually disappears. Maybe, in keeping with the 'ghost town' idea, this would make it a 'haunted house'! Cool! And the place wouldn't be too crowded with houses all over the place hopefully - i reckon people who already have a town don't need one, therefore can't build one, and as soon as they join a town, the house becomes 'haunted'...

DeletedUser25233

You're right Vulturas, although I may have seen the occasional ww town with gates (say in movies etc.) ww towns don't stereotypically conjure up an image of a tightly walled and protected community. I guess I was just thinking of a way to protect workers better (as I am one!) Also, I wasn't seriously putting forward the town gate idea in this thread, I was simply pointing out that the two ideas might go well together.

And by the way, surely the forum is about spreading ideas around? Let's play nice and not imply people should shut up so the originator of the thread can 'think about it' eh? I'm just trying to put out a few ideas in a spontaneous, creative, respectful and fun way. And hopefully other contributors to the thread will do the same, including the author.

DeletedUser

I am a pure builder, I leave my towns people to defend me and the other builders

DeletedUser

A few NOs...

1. There is no thief/rogue class that would be able to rob your house like in most other RPGs. No hands = no chocolate!

2. Introducing house money storage would make banks useless.

3. Foreigners should be able to sleep in your house? And the purpose of the hotel is? Besides, if an adventurer can sleep in hotel level 2 (or level 4 with premium) for free, then there are fort barracks in the game...

1 star = terrible

Deleted User - 1278415

JACKSON1210, (First welcome to the forum :) ) this is only an informative warning. Please read the sticky threads before posting here. Ideas should use the idea form, be well thought out and balanced as well as contributing substantially to the game in comparison the coding effort required. Your idea fails to meet these standards, so please be sure to read the sticky threads and adjust your idea accordingly.

CRITERIA
In order to get an idea to the voting stage you must have the following:

1. The idea must be balanced and well thought out. If you haven't explored the positives and negatives, and looked at ways in which the idea could be exploited it isn't going to make it to a vote.

3. The idea must not change the concept behind the game.

Town already serves all purposes you listed, and we already have too many towns and ghost towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.