Proper Help/Guide site

• Thread starter DeletedUser25707
  • Start date

DeletedUser25707

Is there a proper help/guide site somewhere on the net? The one without all the stupid "spoiler" rules and guidelines made by all the antisocial people wanting to brag about something only they know? The one where we can freely discuss EVERYTHING about this game?

DeletedUser

The one without all the stupid "spoiler" rules and guidelines made by all the antisocial people wanting to brag about something only they know? The one where we can freely discuss EVERYTHING about this game?

Not in this forum. If you find something you let us know.

DeletedUser25707

Not in this forum. If you find something you let us know.
Well if I knew about the place I wouldn't be asking about it, would I?

Im not sure they have quest guides, but they tell you req. and have some good scripts, although sometimes info is incorrect

www.weststats.com
Nah, Weststats is not what I need... they list some of the old quests that appear naturally and few secret ones but nothing really important. And they weren't updated in quite some time so all the new stuff is missing. And most importantly, they don't have a forum or anything for people to discuss the game freelly without stupid spoiler rules.

Not to mention that for a fan site NOT affiliated with Innogames following Innogames spoiler rules [which made some sense here] is rather pointless...

DeletedUser

The spoiler rules are not made by or for "antisocial people wanting to brag about something only they know". There are people who love the mystery and thrill of finding out things by themselves. There is no public discussion help/forum where people can post spoilers for the same reason: because there are people who don't want their game spoiled and they might just come across it.
Is it really so hard for you to use the private message system in order to find out secret requirements? I know a lot of people who share what they know with others through private messages. If you don't like it, find a game with no spoiler rules. Good luck!

DeletedUser25707

The spoiler rules are not made by or for "antisocial people wanting to brag about something only they know". There are people who love the mystery and thrill of finding out things by themselves. There is no public discussion help/forum where people can post spoilers for the same reason: because there are people who don't want their game spoiled and they might just come across it.
Is it really so hard for you to use the private message system in order to find out secret requirements? I know a lot of people who share what they know with others through private messages. If you don't like it, find a game with no spoiler rules. Good luck!
Well, I like finding out things for myself... but in order to do so there SHOULD be some hints and clues in game about it. What clues and hints exist in game about final part of Loser quest line? So no, I do not like it... and I don't want to use PM system...

As for finding a game with no spoiler rules... well, that would make pretty much any other game out there... so it will not be that difficult to find one... which I'll probably do once I run out of nuggets...

DeletedUser

What clues and hints exist in game about final part of Loser quest line? So no, I do not like it... and I don't want to use PM system...

There were hints in stuff like facebook and twitter. Also, Kudrams Parasol was also hinted in facebook. The epilogues provide you with a lot of info too. BTW, PM's are your best friend besides the search.

DeletedUser25707

There were hints in stuff like facebook and twitter. Also, Kudrams Parasol was also hinted in facebook. The epilogues provide you with a lot of info too. BTW, PM's are your best friend besides the search.
Who care about Facebook and Twitter? Giving hints JUST there is insulting for your players who do not use those. Not to mention that you basically say that only those players count...

Are there any hints about it in-game? Epilogues provide hints occasionally, but again is there any hint or clue in game about how to get final part of Loser quest?

DeletedUser

PM me and we can talk. I can tell you hint or the whole thing. PM is your best friend just let me know.

DeletedUser

Who care about Facebook and Twitter? Giving hints JUST there is insulting for your players who do not use those. Not to mention that you basically say that only those players count...

Are there any hints about it in-game? Epilogues provide hints occasionally, but again is there any hint or clue in game about how to get final part of Loser quest?
There's no need to. If people want to find out they will look on twitter and facebook. If you don't want to, that's fine. But don't generalize.
When hints were given on twitter about the last part of the looser quest series, there was a thread in the saloon where people discussed the hints trying to figure out how to get it. So if you are lazy enough to read the forum as well, then to bad for you.
And yes, not everybody reads the forum reason why people like me who do read the forum ask town members if they wish to know and share the info.
I don't care if you don't want to do any efforts to find out stuff. It is not put in game for a reason: not to make it to easy. The gun was easy to get anyway, the requirements (once you know them) are not hard to fulfill, so at least the devs made it hard to find out.
And when you will have a game made and ran by yourself and you will be able to make everybody happy, then I will take into consideration your views. Until then, we will have happy people and ranting people around. The developers are only human, they can't satisfy everybody, but they do a good job satisfying the majority.

DeletedUser

So your saying it's THEIR fault that they give hints in a way you don't like? If you want hints, you take em the way they give em. Is it that hard to take two minutes and register on facebook/Twitter? Don't blame other people because you're not spoon fed everything you want.

DeletedUser25707

Oh I allready did that one... and few others... and I'll do few more when I have level/skillset to do it.

All I want is a site where we can talk freelly about game [all of it, not just parts] without some rule mods created for "greater good".

DeletedUser25707

So your saying it's THEIR fault that they give hints in a way you don't like? If you want hints, you take em the way they give em. Is it that hard to take two minutes and register on facebook/Twitter? Don't blame other people because you're not spoon fed everything you want.
Yes I do... giving out hints on Facebook/Twitter/whatever else is fine as long as there are hints in-game!

Why should I or anyone else register on Facebook/Twitter/whatever else just to get hints? And the point that those hints were found on this forums soon after is also not the point... nobody should be forced to use Facebook/Twitter/forums/PM's/whatever else in order to complete as much of the game as possible.

DeletedUser21320

The point is that people are playing The West, not twitter. Why make your customers go elsewhere? Maybe if I'm going to twitter every day I'll get interested in something else and drop The West.

And why would I waste two minutes signing up for either product if the only use I have for them is to get hints about one game? Why do we have an in-game forum?

I have no problem with also putting the hints on those other sites, or in as many places as possible, for those who may not check the forum every day. But to leave them off the official form entirely is not a good business plan.

DeletedUser

As this is a discussion and not a quesion/guide, I moved it in the saloon.
Please continue the discussion here and leave the 1.28 quests free from rant.

DeletedUser21816

nobody should be forced to use Facebook/Twitter/forums/PM's/whatever else in order to complete as much of the game as possible.
You just made your own paradox. You don't want to go anywhere else but this forum, yet you want another forum/site where you're allowed to discuss everything.

DeletedUser

please could someone pm me with everything i want to know, thanks in advance.

DeletedUser25707

You just made your own paradox. You don't want to go anywhere else but this forum, yet you want another forum/site where you're allowed to discuss everything.
That is because I want to be able to discuss this game freelly without any imposed rules... and the only reason I want to do this is because there is usually no hints at the only place where they shoud be: in-game!

If I could get every hint I need in-game I wouldn't care about existance of this or any other forum/guide site/whatever...

DeletedUser

Unfortunately there isn't, as i like my quests pre-packaged diced and sliced and 100% already solved with a complete walkthru before i even look at them.

To me not having the solution to the quests before i start them is what spoils the quests :laugh:

Luckily many of the better towns will usually have the info you need in their forum section too.

To any mods:I am wondering who decides on spoilers rules anyways,as my understanding is many of the other official forums for many countries allow spoilers so why not have a poll and let's find out just how many players want to see these spoilers on .net.