Submitted Energy/Health Bar Refill Timers

Should their be a timer added to show the player when the meters will fill up?

• Yes

Votes: 91 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal
Here is my idea: Having a countdown until you receive your next energy point.

Current Workaround
None.

Details

I got this idea from other games. My idea is that if you move your mouse over your energy bar, you will get to see how much time you have to wait until you recover one energy point.

Abuse Prevention
Not abuse-able

Visual Aids

interface.png

Summary
You will be able to see in how much time you will get back one energy point
Example: In the picture above the time left is 56 seconds

Advantages:

1. you can see if you have enough energy for you to do some activities
  2. you will be able to know if you need to go to the hotel or do another activity before you leave
Disadvantages: none

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice touch and I love it. Short, easy and would be very helpful to determine go for a hotel or not.
I say yes.
5 stars from me.

Deleted User - 1278415

Yea I like it to. It would help new comers to the game to know how long to come back to the game and start playing again... which is a sticking point for this game apparently.

Keeping interest after 1 hour.

DeletedUser

I Dont get it. Sorry. I simply dont understand a THing you said...

DeletedUser

Very nice idea indeed and I don't think It's difficult to implement..

Deleted User - 1278415

I Dont get it. Sorry. I simply dont understand a THing you said...

What part are you not understanding?

Mouse over the energy bar and it tells you how long it will take to get the next 1 energy point.

You can then have a set fixed amount of time, to know in 30 mins at the current rate i will have 12 energy to be able to do a 1 hour job. So I'll come back to the game in 30 mins to choose a 1 hour job then.

DeletedUser21320

Advantages: you can see if you have enough energy you for something.
I a question for you: what do you think of this idea?

Why? If the devs ever get around to something like that, why not just fix the whole damn character-status section to update automatically, rather than only when a character is refreshed by the player?

If you are working, you get a point every 20 minutes. In a level 1 Hotel, you get a point every 7 1/2 minutes. In a level 5 hotel, you get one point about every 5 minutes. If you need one point, come back in 20 minutes and you are guaranteed to have it.

Except: it won't help to find out when will get 1 point, unless they fix the part where the Energy Bar "loses" 10-30 energy every now and then.

DeletedUser13636

Why not? Seems to me this could be very beneficial for new players just starting out in the game as they learn all the ends and outs. Did you know all that info you just posted about how much energy you get when you initially started to play the game? Or did you like many others take a little while to read all the additional tools found in west stats, west forum and other off site references? Many new players will need things like this idea. For me personally well this is the first and only online game that I have ever played and really learning this game took me months.

DeletedUser21320

Why not? Seems to me this could be very beneficial for new players just starting out in the game as they learn all the ends and outs. Did you know all that info you just posted about how much energy you get when you initially started to play the game? Or did you like many others take a little while to read all the additional tools found in west stats, west forum and other off site references? Many new players will need things like this idea. For me personally well this is the first and only online game that I have ever played and really learning this game took me months.

But this idea only gives the next one point. The problems with the status bar not updating far outweigh just one energy point. And now that this thread is here, newbies can find the info easily.

My point is that if the devs spend any time on the energy problem, it should be to fix the really big problems that cause newbies to get unnecessarily KOed, and cause unexpected energy losses for no reason. *That fix* is worth dev time.

DeletedUser13636

My point is that if the devs spend any time on the energy problem, it should be to fix the really big problems that cause newbies to get unnecessarily KOed, and cause unexpected energy losses for no reason. *That fix* is worth dev time.

Point well taken. I have never experienced where the Energy Bar "loses" 10-30 energy every now and then though. You are right there are many items that carry greater importance, but the idea does have some merit in that we want new players to be at ease while they come here to play and learn the game. To some this game will be a first time experience as it was for me so it is worth discussing just a bit. Could be we just need to have something in game that will kind of push new players to this forum, west stats, etc. Maybe some sort of quest line that can only be completed using the tools that are already in place for us to learn the game. Just trying to expand upon the idea a bit folks so please no bashing just because I suggested that. :nowink:

DeletedUser

if you don't understand here is a translated picture

i think it should say more info. when mouse is moved over it.
+1 action over 0.56
+2 action over 1.56
+3 action over 2.56
until it will reaches 100

DeletedUser

if you don't understand here is a translated picture

i think it should say more info. when mouse is moved over it.
+1 action over 0.56
+2 action over 1.56
+3 action over 2.56
until it will reaches 100

No that's not good...this will cover the whole window if you have 0 energy...

DeletedUser

it will only appear when you move your mouse over the energy bar.

DeletedUser

it will only appear when you move your mouse over the energy bar.

Yeah I know but you could do the math yourself...two energy points would want the double time, etc..
The calculator is just in your pc...(tumble)

DeletedUser

What part are you not understanding?

Mouse over the energy bar and it tells you how long it will take to get the next 1 energy point.

You can then have a set fixed amount of time, to know in 30 mins at the current rate i will have 12 energy to be able to do a 1 hour job. So I'll come back to the game in 30 mins to choose a 1 hour job then.

Ahh, ok since you put it that way, I get it. LOL nice idea, but I abstain form voting for it one way or the other since this have never been an issue for me. When I go to sleep, I make sure its when Im actually going to sleep genneraly lol :)

DeletedUser

Im in. It gives you a good idea if you have enough to work still or hit the hay.

DeletedUser

i see it this as easy to implement(it's just a mouse over!),the game server already knows what time your energy will fill up so this is just a matter of showing that data.

I like it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.