A warning about Derek1982

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Requested to join our town as a member (not for shopping, he filled out a new member form), and gave his word multiple times to follow all rules.

He joined, posted the following in our forum:

My name is Derek, I am a jerk who abuses invites to buy shop items and to duel innocent builders :(

And quit the town, after dueling our allied neighbors.

Add the player DSG also to this list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

High five :laugh:

Just remember this is a game and players will choose to play how they like.
Heck I think Derek is on to something here, though im not a dueler.

P.S If you read the forum you would have seen Derek is open about town hoping and dueling the weak for something and giggles :laugh:

DeletedUser14006

Correct, it is a game Shagg - a game set in the west, I am playing out a character here on world twelve, an entirely different one to that I have on world one.

On world one I am a respectable town leader, on world twelve I chose to be an arrogant jackass with no concern for his fellow man :)

I temporarily had to remove my profile because I knew I would never have gained entry to 'The Eden Project', and if I am honest I just love to wind folk up.

For your viewing pleasure, this is the real world twelve Derek:

Don't be fooled by my relatively low level.
This is intentional - I have a level 99 character on another world and am not interested in rapid progression here.

In fact it is quite the opposite - I want my level progression to be as slow as possible so I can keep beating on low level folk who cannot defend themselves!

Dueling Stats

Attacking

► Wins - 336 ◄
► Losses - 3 ◄
☠ KO's - 10 ☠

Defending

► Wins - 1 ◄
► Losses - 3 ◄

Message to folk who chose the Worker Class

Please stop sending me your whiny messages - I really don't give a damn what you think.

The debate of dueling folk who chose the worker class is an old one and the results from a poll and a discussion show that I am not alone in thinking you are fair game.

You chose that class the same way I did on World One!

Discussion
Poll Result

Started W12 - 7th April 2010

DeletedUser14006

It has been fun up until now but I feel tomorrow when I join Assassins Hollow that I may settle down a little as they seem like my kind of people, too many noob leaders on world 12 so far.

"Don't duel builders"

My personal favorite so far was from shedevil from my time at Dust Devils:

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

All because I disagreed, some founders on world 12 needs to pull the heads back down from up their [expletive!]

I think Assassins Hollow will be different, they seem like a bunch of standup guys!

DeletedUser

Correct, it is a game Shagg - a game set in the west, I am playing out a character here on world twelve, an entirely different one to that I have on world one.

On world one I am a respectable town leader, on world twelve I chose to be an arrogant jackass with no concern for his fellow man :)

I temporarily had to remove my profile because I knew I would never have gained entry to 'The Eden Project', and if I am honest I just love to wind folk up.

For your viewing pleasure, this is the real world twelve Derek:

This is intentional - I have a level 99 character on another world and am not interested in rapid progression here.

In fact it is quite the opposite - I want my level progression to be as slow as possible so I can keep beating on low level folk who cannot defend themselves!

Dueling Stats

Attacking

► Wins - 336 ◄
► Losses - 3 ◄
☠ KO's - 10 ☠

Impressive dueling stats..:huh:

Its sounds like a trap to me..

DeletedUser

Oh yea, the one bit I respect is that if you were "roleplaying" then you executed your bit in true old west style. But then again, it is easy to fool others and yourself into thinking you're roleplaying when the assumption is that we're talking to people on a computer who should have values and integrity as opposed to "crazy Derek, the baddest dude in the west."

Either way, it's just a warning for towns that aren't aware you're "roleplaying"

Oh, and feel free to sig the "crazy Derek" bit

DeletedUser16628

I have done the same,On w-1- I co- found a few different towns and I'm a respectable player also on w-11 but here on 12 I 've gone to the bloody path and I intend to leave 1.Please don't cry when I hit your builders I ain't listening trust me w-12 is just mahem for me w-11 and w-1 I do care very much about being a good well known dueler who is good to his word.However I do not care about what derek1982 did but that's not my style my word here is still my word.

DeletedUser

I would rather hang out with Derek than the whole "we don't duel builders unless you duel our first" crowd any day.

DeletedUser

very extensive form... although the new version has a new question:

22.a. Are you lying to us and are just wanting to join our town for free shopping and are going to go duel workers of our allies while you are here? Please answer honestly.

DeletedUser

You make your town members fill out a form? :blink:

I do too... if they can't fill out a form then they obviously don't have too much interest in joining. Plus, it helps weed out the idiots at the beginning of the server who will end up being more work to maintain then to just reject the application.

Not to mention, when a new world opens you have a flood of players that will never end up making it past level 15... so having an application form that requests information such as Playing Experience, Intended Character Build, Avg Gameplay per week, ect... gives town leaders a very good idea as to whether or not they are a useful player.

Personally, I don't even look at requests to join unless they can fill out an application form.

It also helps document player classes for later on when Fort Construction comes along, you will know who to ask for certain items, as you have their intended build documented on file... It's better to be organized and prepared for the future then just say "NUUBS WELCOME ALL PPLZ COME RIGHT IN OK?!"

I guess I just have higher standards for members.

DeletedUser

So all of your duels are against workers?

And you lost 3? Guess that screwdriver is pretty dangerous....

Keep up the good work though! Nothing more satisfying than beating up on the helpless.

DeletedUser21656

Requested to join our town as a member (not for shopping, he filled out a new member form), and gave his word multiple times to follow all rules.

He joined, posted the following in our forum:

My name is Derek, I am a jerk who abuses invites to buy shop items and to duel innocent builders :(

And quit the town, after dueling our allied neighbors.

I'm all for humor, but this isn't funny, it's just childish.

Duel him! Juz duel him.

Make him learnt his mistake!! (tumble)(tumble)

DeletedUser

You make your town members fill out a form? :blink:

Actually, I don't, I just ask them a couple questions to see if they can communicate. The other leaders do the form thing, which has its place as well.

Basically, my requirement is to be able to hold a casual conversation. If you can't do that, then I know you won't be receptive enough to listen in during fort battles and when directions are given for building, fort resources, etc.

In regards to dueling workers: I personally don't have that requirement. My town does, so I enforce it, but as a former builder, I could care less about being attacked. I hardly ever had money, and I had loads of HP, so I didn't KO often. If I did, it was a 48-hour free pass. I don't really understand it, but if it's what needs to happen so people can coexist, then I go with the flow.

However, boasting about attacking workers as some sort of accomplishment: I see no merit in that, as it simply doesn't require any sort of skill.

Hehe, I disagree. It's messed up but still funny :D.

Was thinking about this: I actually did enjoy the flair he had with the whole ordeal until I found out he had attacked some of our allies. I just found that distasteful. If I were to go that route, I would have attacked the builders of a dangerous foreign town to bring their wrath, then left.

Basically, I was disappointed because it really could have been done better.

DeletedUser

Keep up the good work though! Nothing more satisfying than beating up on the helpless.

LOL:laugh:

DeletedUser14006

Not only workers Mr. Sexy :p

Sometimes other classes depending where they are working at the time, the three losses cam from dueling higher leveled adventurers - they must have had high tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.