Make as an app. on Iphone

DeletedUser

Hey,
I think they should make this game as an app on the iphone. It would attract so many new people to play, and a lot more convenient

DeletedUser

This is a great idea. It would take some time for the devs to get around to it, but I've been thinking this since I started playing.

DeletedUser

I think making it as an app on iphone will also bring a lot of extra funding for the dev. because they can make it cost like 1 dollar or something to download, which is not a lot and most people would still get it; however, the money added together is a good amount.

DeletedUser

I do not know if you realise the amount of work that goes into making a game like this into an i-phone app.

They will have to get a whole new development team to handle the app - this will cost them money
They will have to keep the web game and app game in sync with game updates - this will bring about inconsistencies as there will be 2 different teams working on the two different versions.

Why not just use the web browser on your i-phone to play the game. I have seen a thread somewhere here (some time ago) that covered that topic.

DeletedUser

I do not know if you realise the amount of work that goes into making a game like this into an i-phone app.

They will have to get a whole new development team to handle the app - this will cost them money
They will have to keep the web game and app game in sync with game updates - this will bring about inconsistencies as there will be 2 different teams working on the two different versions.

Why not just use the web browser on your i-phone to play the game. I have seen a thread somewhere here (some time ago) that covered that topic.

Yes, it would take some time. And you have to spend money to make money.
Also, using Safari on the iPod/iPhone isn't very good to play games. It's much easier to use games that have an app.

There are many other games, some smaller than The West that do this.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be hard, but I think it is a good idea.

DeletedUser

A. Suggested before.
B. If the devs where to do something like this, they would make a mobile version of The West, not an app - an app limits it to one platform, whereas a mobile version can be played on anything with a browser. Tribal Wars already has that, but Tribal Wars (and Grepolis) doesn't use much (if any) javascript, making it a lot easier to convert.

DeletedUser

A. Suggested before.
B. If the devs where to do something like this, they would make a mobile version of The West, not an app - an app limits it to one platform, whereas a mobile version can be played on anything with a browser. Tribal Wars already has that, but Tribal Wars (and Grepolis) doesn't use much (if any) javascript, making it a lot easier to convert.

I'm pretty sure that javascript would be a lot easier to convert into an iPhone app and not a mobile version for this exact reason.

DeletedUser

I don't know much about programming, but I don't think it would. And anyway you'd then have to make another app for Nokia phones, or android phones.

DeletedUser

I think its relatively easy to convert a game into an iphone app programming-wise. I've seen a lot of computer base games converted into iphone apps.

DeletedUser

As someone who has looked into creating an iphone app, This would be extremely difficult and expensive to do.

But it WOULD be awesome to see

DeletedUser

hi on the dutch server we had also this idea.
i have made some pictures with paint.

when play the west on my ipod touch everything is to slow and to big.

like this.
16glrhj.jpg
mv6hwy.jpg

it would be better if the front page is a lot smoller and no pictures.
you don`t look at them if you fast want to look on your account.

i have made this for the front page. i have made it very simpel
23kdsfl.jpg

than the game self
i is to big and to much things what you don`t need.
i have removed some things (the map is not good that comes through all the cut and paste and reduce)

2dqlxj.jpg

the map would look like this

3d5zd.jpg

cross to close the card. question go to the minimap + info + search work

that would like this
2njfxh.jpg

I just see that I forgot to remove the pushpin and cross :p

the size of this al is for the ipod touch
the pictures are made in paint so they are not the best

but i hope you will like it :)

and sorry for my bad english :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i hope that other people like it to.

does nobody more like this :blink: :sad: :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like it and for someone who has an Iphone would be 100% behind this idea and means I could be alot more active on the move :p

Also using the web on the internet is very slow and a bit boring if you could make the app run quickly and smoothly I would pay some moeny but only A one off fee.

Also I do not think you could play fort battles on the app but again this would not bother me too much as long as the game would ran smoothly and quickly to do some jobs and maybe send a few messages then what more could I want.

Also I have found on the ipphone deuls do not work either on one hand this could be a big problem we would not want the flash version if it is too hard to put onto, just even a small version saying who won and the total damage caused anything else would be a real bonus.

I know for the Devs this is a tall order for price and effort but it could pay off in the long ran. They could become premuim players and bring other players in to buy stuff.

Love the pictures too ; ))))

DeletedUser

Great idea, I actually love it. You could charge a buck for it in the appstore and that would bring in some cash, plus it would add a whole lot more players. Also, it would be alot easier to buy nuggets through the appstore.

DeletedUser15169

It should work for a Android and i-Phone...the nexus is for sure alot better, so an app that is compatibline with both would meet a big market ;)