The sheriff's outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like the idea.:cool:
This is the old west, and law rose to tame it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know if ever this has been suggested before, but I think we need perhaps a new set of clothes, make it the sheriff's outfit. However I think the game already has most of what's needed in the sheriff's set just by looking at Fitzburn on the saloon, the only missing element (forget the pants) would be sheriff's badge, that looks like a star. That would be a very symbolic Old West object that is still missing in the game.

The set should give some unique bonuses, particularly on appearance, tactics and leadership, plus added bonuses for jobs like chasing bandits, transporting prisoners and prison guard. The set should also give other unique bonuses, not available on other sets.

The sheriff's badge can be found on a high luck job like the walking stick or some quest.

New sets should offer new items. So far, we know that the most expensive items on the shops right now are now too common so it doesn't really give that much of an awe feeling anymore.

What about these items

Gray Stetson

+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills
Black Tie
+1 Charisma
+8 Health points
+6 Fine motor skills
+9 Leadership
Black Waistcoat
+1 Dexterity
+7 Reflex
+9 Shooting
+8 Leadership
Sheriff Star
+10 Appearance
+10 Shoting

1 item
+1 Charisma
+5 Appearance
+5 Leadership
+35 LP on Prison Guard
2 items
+3 Charisma
+10 Appearance
+10 Leadership
+8 Tactics
+50 LP on Prison Guard
+35 LP on Serving in the Army
3 items
+5 Charisma
+15 Appearance
+15 Leadership
+15 Tactics
+60 LP on Prison Guard
+50 LP on Serving in the Army
+30 LP on Chasing Bandits
+30 LP on Guarding the Stage
4 items
+8 Charisma
+17 Appearance
+17 Leadership
+17 Tactics
+60 LP on Prison Guard
+60 LP on Serving in the Army
+50 LP on Chasing Bandits
+50 LP on Guarding the Stage
+35 LP on Transporting prisoners

DeletedUser

I would personally prefer a just a little bit more on the on the job bonuses and the sheriff star. If they can make matching shoes for the sheriff, it'll be nice and never mention a some sort of a sheriff's own gun will be nice too.

It will be challenging if it has 6 items on the set just to give more suspense and awe.

DeletedUser20647

Imo, "LP towards jobs" should not be growing, instead, when you got another item of the set, the new LP bonus towards the job should be higher than the previous eg 30/40/50/60/70. The other 2 set items that have similar bonuses work the same way.

DeletedUser

Imo, "LP towards jobs" should not be growing, instead, when you got another item of the set, the new LP bonus towards the job should be higher than the previous eg 30/40/50/60/70. The other 2 set items that have similar bonuses work the same way.

Then here it goes

1 item
+1 Charisma
+5 Appearance
+5 Leadership
+40 LP on Prison Guard
2 items
+3 Charisma
+10 Appearance
+10 Leadership
+8 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
3 items
+5 Charisma
+15 Appearance
+15 Leadership
+15 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
+60 LP on Chasing Bandits
+60 LP on Guarding the Stage
4 items
+8 Charisma
+17 Appearance
+17 Leadership
+17 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
+70 LP on Transporting prisoners

DeletedUser

What about these items
Sheriff Star
+10 Appearance
+10 Shoting
Waaay too high bonus for a product. The only other product that gives a bonus in itself is the hard-to-get walking stick with 2 charisma.
A Sheriff Star must be looked upon on that context. IMO any larger bonus should come from the set, not the product item.

DeletedUser

Waaay too high bonus for a product. The only other product that gives a bonus in itself is the hard-to-get walking stick with 2 charisma.
A Sheriff Star must be looked upon on that context. IMO any larger bonus should come from the set, not the product item.

Ok Ok true

+2 Appearance
+2 Shoting

is Ok that?

DeletedUser

For a very rare product I think those bonusses are just fine. :)

DeletedUser

For a very rare product I think those bonusses are just fine. :)

I disagree, and agree 100% with D.Saint. The walking stick is only +2 charisma, rare, and one of the most sought after items in the game, largely for it's place in the best set, but even for the small attribute bonus alone. +10 appearance and shooting would instantly unbalance duels for anyone who acquired it.

DeletedUser

What about making the sheriffs badge a neck item? You could get it from doing a new quest given by FItzburn himself. And what about having the product slot of the sheriffs badge replaced by the handcuffs? Just my thoughts on the set. Using my way you could still keep Fentom's original bonuses for the badge and it seems more realistic.

So using Fentom's example:

Gray Stetson
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills

Sheriff Star
+10 Appearance
+10 Shoting

Black Waistcoat
+1 Dexterity
+7 Reflex
+9 Shooting
+8 Leadership

Handcuffs

1 item
+1 Charisma
+5 Appearance
+5 Leadership
+40 LP on Prison Guard
2 items
+3 Charisma
+10 Appearance
+10 Leadership
+8 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
3 items
+5 Charisma
+15 Appearance
+15 Leadership
+15 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
4 items
+8 Charisma
+17 Appearance
+17 Leadership
+17 Tactics
+40 LP on Prison Guard
+70 LP on Transporting prisoners

I think that the fact that you get no bonuses from the handcuffs will be able to keep the original bonuses of the badge in place with my suggestion as well, which is why I put up the first bonuses. Now the bad part is that low level characters that receive the handcuffs early on in one of the first few quests will get a hefty little advantage now. Maybe the quest that gives you them at the beginning levels could be changed so that you get a different reward instead?

DeletedUser

What about making the sheriffs badge a neck item?

So using Fentom's example:

Sheriff Star
+10 Appearance
+10 Shoting

Handcuffs
If you make the sheriff star a neckband, then its more of a medal than a badge. Its highly unlikely for anyone to use the sheriff's badge as a neckband. Although some modern police officers do hang badges on their necks, this concept is so not Old West style that we normally see the badge pinned on the chest.

DeletedUser

I knew someone would point that out. Well don't you wear the soldier's medal on your neck space? Well what makes wearing a badge on your neck space any different?

DeletedUser

What about making the sheriffs badge a neck item? You could get it from doing a new quest given by FItzburn himself. And what about having the product slot of the sheriffs badge replaced by the handcuffs? Just my thoughts on the set. Using my way you could still keep Fentom's original bonuses for the badge and it seems more realistic.

I think that the fact that you get no bonuses from the handcuffs will be able to keep the original bonuses of the badge in place with my suggestion as well, which is why I put up the first bonuses. Now the bad part is that low level characters that receive the handcuffs early on in one of the first few quests will get a hefty little advantage now. Maybe the quest that gives you them at the beginning levels could be changed so that you get a different reward instead?

I think it's perfect this way. Why not use the badge as neck thing? The Handcuffs seem very "sheriffy".

DeletedUser

What about these items
Gray Stetson
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+13 Health points
+14 Fine motor skills
Black Tie
+1 Charisma
+8 Health points
+6 Fine motor skills
+9 Leadership
Black Waistcoat
+1 Dexterity
+7 Reflex
+9 Shooting
+8 Leadership
Sheriff Star
+10 Appearance
+10 Shoting

1 item
+1 Charisma
+5 Appearance
+5 Leadership
+35 LP on Prison Guard
2 items
+3 Charisma
+10 Appearance
+10 Leadership
+8 Tactics
+50 LP on Prison Guard
+35 LP on Serving in the Army
3 items
+5 Charisma
+15 Appearance
+15 Leadership
+15 Tactics
+60 LP on Prison Guard
+30 LP on Chasing Bandits
+30 LP on Guarding the Stage
4 items
+8 Charisma
+17 Appearance
+17 Leadership
+17 Tactics
+60 LP on Prison Guard
+60 LP on Serving in the Army
+50 LP on Chasing Bandits
+50 LP on Guarding the Stage
+35 LP on Transporting prisoners

1. All sets (exept the sleeping set) got 2 new items.
This one got 1 new item.
2. You dont get a bonus with 1 item ;)
3. I should add at least a fifth item (any kind of spiked shoe)
4. I would say the Sherrif star is a neckband, and than you could take handcuffs in stead of Black tie.

Edit @ next post:
1.You're right ;)
2. No coment :D
3. No coment :D
4. Read them half when i typed this ;)
I did read the stuff about the handcuffs, but I didn't read the stuff about the sherrifstar as nackband yet ;)
Now I did :D

Edit after previous edit: Ambush stagecar: leadership, apearance and tactic.
This means it gets a bonus of (8*3 + 17 + 17 + 17 =) 75 if you got all items + the bonus of the items themself.
I think this is way to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.