Adjustments to character class advantages to balance soldiers and duelers

Harsha..

It is common knowledge on the dueler and solider character class advantages, which are below (taken from HotNsexy's dueling guide)

Character Classes: Dueler vs. Soldier

Dueler Advantages:

• The speed on the map is increased by 10%. - Who Cares
  • The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster. - Big Deal
  • You receive 10% more money in a duel. - ooo 1 more dollar!

Soldier Advantages:
  • For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 5 health points for your character. - Thumbs Up
  • The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels. - Hell Yes!
  • In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill. - It's Christmas!

Looking at all these advantages, it is clear, that the soldier class is way better than the dueling class, many duelers, who i know fear attacking soliders, even through they are of the same lvl, this leads of more players choosing soldier class instead, also the advantages for the dueler class makes it the least favorite character

also, if you look more closey at the dueler class advantages, you can see that they all are worthless

• The speed on the map is increased by 10%. - Who Cares
  • The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster. - Big Deal
  • You receive 10% more money in a duel. - ooo 1 more dollar!
They do not match up to the soldier class, therefore creating an imbalance, which gives soldiers the upper hand

So, to make the equation fair I am suggesting some new changes to the advantages, and removing the useless ones, which will help make duelers and soldiers equal

• The speed on the map is increased by 50%
  • In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your appearance skill (NOT jobs, ONLY in duels)

• Health points regenerate 25% faster

The speed on the map is increased by 50%

The current speed increase (10%) is way too small to have much of an effect, many towns are very far apart, and increase will help make this advantage really useful for duelers

In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your appearance skill (NOT jobs, ONLY in duels)

I know, that this point may generate a lot of controversy , but this wont be for jobs, only in duels alone, anyhow, the soldier class has a 50% bonus to their tatic skill, which is good for defense, so it seems fair, that the duelers get the opposite bonus - 50% bonus to appearance , which is good for attacking

The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster.

this is totally useless, as most good duelers are 0% motivation duelers, the increase in motivation is way too small to have an impact

Health points regenerate 25% faster

This idea will help duelers a GREAT deal, trust me
most duelists have poor HP, and usually pass out, when they are close to winning, and when they are on a long trip, far away from home, fighting, this will help a lot in returning to the field, after getting badly wounded in a duel

You receive 10% more money in a duel

This advantage seems to be the most useless of the three
most players, these days don't carry much money around, and it's rare to catch someone with 1000 dollars

and, even if it was in this case, if normal players got 450$, duelists would get a megare $10 - 50

so, i hope that you guys like my ideas, if they manage to get through, it'll go a long way in balancing duelers and soldiers!

DeletedUser

So basicly you suggest that overpowering the duel class will make it balanced?

Whilst I agree that dueler bonuses are weak, I don't belive your suggestions are sound.

DeletedUser

So basicly you suggest that overpowering the duel class will make it balanced?

Whilst I agree that dueler bonuses are weak, I don't belive your suggestions are sound.

I agree.

I like some of your ideas but...

Speed on map increase to 50%? No...too high. Especially when you consider that premium would then be a 100% bonus.

50% appearance bonus? No way. The tactics bonus, IMO, is too high for the soldiers but it is a defensive bonus, only. Being that I can't initiate attacks on me, that bonus is a lot less significant than an appearance bonus would be. An appearance bonus, especially at 50%, would be WAY overpowering.

Health Points regenerate 25% faster? I'd like to see this play-tested, but on the face of it, doesn't seem completely out of line or over-powering.

DeletedUser

and what about the poor workers and non duleing adventurers? my world three is a level I think 38? and i'm rank in the low 700s or maybe high 600s now for duleing, I think my bonuses are weak, but hey, I got up there with them, and i've also never gone below 50% motavaiton for duleing, and john rose said, your overpowering the duleing world, if dulers got this, theyd beat the hell at of non dulers, then you got 10X the complaining from workers and adventurers, I think were just fine, maybe a higher experience in dules, even then, were just fine, maybe if you gave builders and adventurers with say, less then four duleing levels over the main level, a fairly large defensive and offensive bonus against dulers and builders, then slight increases to the dullers, would be fine.

DeletedUser

The advantages/bonuses for each character class are clearly published on the character selection page. If you now realise you made a bad choice, then either live with it or avail yourself of the 'Delete account' function and start again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha..

Guys...this may seem too much

but, it is needed to balance out soldiers and duelers

it is NOT overpowering or anything like that, more and ore people are choosing the soldier class, and none are choosing dueler class, this puts a big question over the very existence of the dueling class, these changes will help put it back on track

and, thealex

dont be so worried, it's been the same for ages, these upgrades are only designed to make the game more fun, a major battle between duelers and soldiers. where soldiers defend and duelers attack

DeletedUser

actually, hate to break it to you, but clearly you didnt read, workers and adventurers whine enough, this update goes into place, 10X the normal amount of farming and camping, then 50+% of the worker adventurer populaiton spams the forums for days, and quits, then the games just left with dulers and soldiers

DeletedUser

it is NOT overpowering or anything like that

Yes, it is.

Really, the only unbalanced soldier bonus is the Tactics bonus. IMO, they should lower that bonus to balance the soldiers out with the rest of the classes, rather than the suggestions that you have (which would imbalance the dueler even worse than the soldier currently is).

DeletedUser

I agree.

I like some of your ideas but...

Speed on map increase to 50%? No...too high. Especially when you consider that premium would then be a 100% bonus.

50% appearance bonus? No way. The tactics bonus, IMO, is too high for the soldiers but it is a defensive bonus, only. Being that I can't initiate attacks on me, that bonus is a lot less significant than an appearance bonus would be. An appearance bonus, especially at 50%, would be WAY overpowering.

Health Points regenerate 25% faster? I'd like to see this play-tested, but on the face of it, doesn't seem completely out of line or over-powering.

I agree on all counts here. The 25% faster Health point regeneration seems like a decent idea that would provide benefit, but wouldn't be overwhelming.

Increased of speed by 50% is way too much, especially with premium bonus. It could potentially be bumped up a little bit more to maybe 20%, but 50% is silly.

50% increase in appearance is an awful idea. As Adelei Niska said, since this is an attacking attribute and you can choose to attack when you want, it is WAY better than an boost to tactics.

The solution to the imbalance toward soldiers is not to make it more imbalanced toward duelers.

Harsha..

The advantages/bonuses for each character class are clearly published on the character selection page. If you now realise you made a bad choice, then either live with it or avail yourself of the 'Delete account' function and start again.

No, i am not a quitter, no matter what the situation is, i keep on marching forward, i made this thread to get rid of soldier's advantage over duelers and make the game more fun

Harsha..

Yes, it is.

Really, the only unbalanced soldier bonus is the Tactics bonus. IMO, they should lower that bonus to balance the soldiers out with the rest of the classes, rather than the suggestions that you have (which would imbalance the dueler even worse than the soldier currently is).

hmm...right

so, if we make some minor changes to my formula

- 25 % appearance bonus in duels for duelers
- 25 % tatic bonus in duels for soldiers

will this make it more acceptable?

as for the speed, i'm ot suggesting a mega increase, like 1000%

many towns are far apart, and duelers usually travel a lot, so this upgrade will help a lot, for duelists, also there are not many PA duelers

Harsha..

I agree on all counts here. The 25% faster Health point regeneration seems like a decent idea that would provide benefit, but wouldn't be overwhelming.

Increased of speed by 50% is way too much, especially with premium bonus. It could potentially be bumped up a little bit more to maybe 20%, but 50% is silly.

50% increase in appearance is an awful idea. As Adelei Niska said, since this is an attacking attribute and you can choose to attack when you want, it is WAY better than an boost to tactics.

The solution to the imbalance toward soldiers is not to make it more imbalanced toward duelers.

yes, mate...

i did think of this, when i first posted this thread and i wanted to see what you guys would say

so, if i make some simple adjustments

leave the health point advantage untouched

make the appearance boost 25%, instead of 50%

reduce the speed bonus from 50% to 30-35%

do these new settings sound better?

DeletedUser

hmm...right

so, if we make some minor changes to my formula

- 25 % appearance bonus in duels for duelers
- 25 % tatic bonus in duels for soldiers

will this make it more acceptable?

Again, tactics is a defensive bonus. I cannot initiate attacks upon myself.

Appearance is an offensive bonus. You can initiate attacks on others and therefore an appearance bonus is much more significant than a tactics bonus. IMO, any appearance bonus would have to be less than a tactics bonus...

My suggestion, off the cuff:

1. Double the speed bonus for duelers to 20%.
2. Double the money bonus for duelers to 20% (or, replace it with the healing bonus you suggested).
3. Halve the tactics bonus for soldiers.

DeletedUser

2. Double the money bonus for duelers to 20% (or, replace it with the healing bonus you suggested).
You sound like a soldier :D

Now seriously, I am dueler myself and our bonuses are nothing compared with soldiers bonuses.

20% more of speed and money are nothing compared with the +50% tactic skill and health bonus toward soldiers. ;)

DeletedUser

Giving duelers an appearance advantage like the soldier's tactics advantage has been suggested several times and is ridiculously overpowering. The soldier's advantage is strictly defensive. You can choose whether or not to attack them. An equal appearance advantage would give dueler's an edge attacking defensive minded soldiers, but an appearance heavy dueler would obliterate every other class, as well as soldiers who don't take advantage of their tactics bonus.

Edit: Adelei's counter-proposal would be much more reasonable, or possibly a small appearance bonus, like 5 or 10%.

DeletedUser

These seem to be pretty decent to me. I'd go with the quicker healing that was suggested as it would be a similar advantage as the HP boost that soldiers get, but from a different angle.

I don't like the idea of an appearance bonus, even if it's a small one.

The duelers bonus of regaining dueling motivation is actually a pretty good bonus for a dueler, and shouldn't be discounted, especially since motivation is now linked to the amount of money you steal (I think).

DeletedUser

More experience from duels would be nice. Its useless to duel for money anyway.