Fort battle heavy weapon: Gatling gun and Cannon

• Thread starter DeletedUser12701
  • Start date

DeletedUser12701

add a heavy weapon for fort attackers and defenders, up to 3 of each can be used for each side of a battle(1 for small fort, 2 for medium and 3 for large).

Gatling guns can only be used by defenders, founders of defending towns are allowed to used town funds (or fort funds) to purchase them. Gatling guns have closer shooting range but higher precision than cannons, and they fire once each round, not movable, unable to be destroyed, can be utilized by attackers if the sector the gun sits in is occupied by enemies. These guns take one block space and can be positioned anywhere defenders can be positioned and also has visibility limitations, they won't fire if the sector they sit in are neutralized. More players in the sector where the guns are add their damage and the guns won't fire if the sector is neutral or unoccupied.

Cannons can only be used by attackers, they have higher damage, longer shooting range, but a low hitting precision compared to Gatling guns. everything else is identical to gatling guns with the exception of the ability of destroying structures on the map, destroyed structures no longer provide attribute bonus when players stay, structure integrity should also exist to measure different structures' ability to withstand cannon fires (towers and walls are more difficult to be taken down than buildings inside the fort, and flag is non-destructible).

Harsha..

yea...but, it'll be tough to survive a shot from a cannon

BTW, you have not told the damage range of the cannon

i assume it will be around 500-1000?

DeletedUser12701

yea...but, it'll be tough to survive a shot from a cannon

BTW, you have not told the damage range of the cannon

i assume it will be around 500-1000?

which is why defenders are able to buy gatling guns. besides, cannons should have a much lower accuracy to make up to its longer range and higher damage.

as for the shooting range, cannons should be able to attack half of the fort to the entire fort, visibility will limit their ability to fire at certain locations, and attackers can choose to destroy walls and buildings to increase visibility, but in turn loses a chance to attack a defender.

heavy weapons can reduce fort battle length and give the better prepared side a higher chance of seizing or defending the fort.

DeletedUser

You can have your cannons, and gatling guns.

I'd rather have a mortar and lurk a good distance away :p

DeletedUser

THAT WAS IT!!! very good idea! i think the forts need some new! like gatling guns and cnnons but can i ask you can the cannons destory buildings or only the gate (attackers can then go inside)?:eek:hmy::D;):):huh::unsure:

Harsha..

You can have your cannons, and gatling guns.

I'd rather have a mortar and lurk a good distance away :p

no, that will not work

motars did not exist in the times of the west, and would look out of place

hmm....what do you guys say, if you could use dynamite to blow up the gates or as mines to stop the attackers?

DeletedUser

Erm who aims them or is it random?

I'm thinking more of the cannon assuming its a longer range with the ability to lob rounds over walls

DeletedUser12701

THAT WAS IT!!! very good idea! i think the forts need some new! like gatling guns and cnnons but can i ask you can the cannons destory buildings or only the gate (attackers can then go inside)?:eek:hmy::D;):):huh::unsure:

cannons should be able to destroy walls, towers, and buildings. the flag is non-destructible.

destroyed places of buildings or walls will turn their terrain to plain field, removing visibility limit caused by the location and attribute bonus. but attackers still need to clear defenders in a sector in order to pass through it.

DeletedUser12701

no, that will not work

motars did not exist in the times of the west, and would look out of place

hmm....what do you guys say, if you could use dynamite to blow up the gates or as mines to stop the attackers?

dynamite and mines are good ideas, but i've never heard anyone planting mines inside forts, and moving out of forts to plant mines doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do. dynamite is more realistic but something else is needed to balance the game.

DeletedUser12701

Erm who aims them or is it random?

I'm thinking more of the cannon assuming its a longer range with the ability to lob rounds over walls

founders of attacking/defending town(they are the only ones who can use funds to purchase heavy weapons), and if they are dead or not present, heavy weapons fire randomly at nearest enemies.