Trains and Transportation in the Game

DeletedUser

Hello everyone! I CRIG I'm Brazilian! I come here to post an idea my friend!

It would be the following .. the old west as everyone knows, had the trains.
My idea was to put the train stations in all quadrants (1 each). The station buildings were on the scene (as well as the strong, but not owners). The trains have fixed departure times. Then you choose the season they would want to go down and for this trip, you should pay an amount ($ 50, $ $ 100 ....).
It would be a way to travel long distance by the map become shorter!
One way to reduce geographic barriers ...

Excuse me, but I do not speak or write English fluently! :bandit:

DeletedUser14280

Uh, Betsy, we have a problem.
Searching for a trains/railways thread doesn't yield obvious results.
Which one should this idea be presented on?

Or, what about renewing the discussion about trains on this thread, instead of finding an old one?

DeletedUser

THAT WAS GREAT IDEA!
but next time when you write do not write like this: AND the train is old idea now but i still think the west need it!;):nowink::D

I am not good for speaking english!

DeletedUser

I'm sorry I'm posting my own idea here, but since it was a Trains thread I figured I should just use this one.

TRAIN STATION
Towns would now be able to build a new building: the Train Station.

TRAIN TRACKS
Upon finishing the building (making it Level 1) a Founder, for a certain amount of money per mile, could choose a path for train tracks. This would then appear on the map. Citizens would be able to click this track and add on to it, building it in till it reaches the destination. Iron Rods may be added in as a necessary item for it, like with Fort Products.

TRAIN STATIONS IN OTHER TOWNS
If the destination town has a train station the train tracks can be linked up to it. If not, the building town (lets call it Town A) can build their own Train Station there.

TRAINS
Trains would be purchased, possibly built using Products like Iron, Oil, and Coal, to move along train tracks at scheduled times. For example, Town A could build (and name) a train and then set it to travel from Town A to Town B on the "8:55 to 9:15" schedule. Before the train leaves the station a player could buy a train ticket at the station for a set price and then choose to "Wait for (insert train name and schedule)". This would guarantee a ride.

TRAIN TICKETS
1 Train Ticket (Product) would be required to ride a train. This could be a ticket earned from a job or a ticket purchased at the station.

TRAIN STATION LEVELS
Lev 1: Trains move 200% faster than a person and a town can own 1 trains.
Lev 2: Trains move 300% faster than a person and a town can own 2 trains.
Lev 3: Trains - 500% faster, 3 trains.
Lev 4: Trains - 1,000% faster, 5 trains.
Trains would also come in three qualities: Slow, Medium, and Fast. The quality determines how much faster (excluding the level bonus) than a player it moves.

TRAIN COMPANIES
In addition to Forts and Towns there would now be Train Companies. Any player belonging to a town owning a Train Station could open a Train Company, and they would be a CEO (like Fort Owners or Town Founders). The company could own their own trains and stations separate from a town but would pay a tax set by the town.

ROBBING TRAINS
Besides Riding or Buying Trains there would also be Robbing Trains. This would be a highly risky job (like Dueling or Fort Battling) where a player and comrades allowed to join by the attacking player have to board a train and then loot it without missing the train, being in the path of the train when it reaches them (this would automatically kill them) or losing their health in a gunfight. The train would move fast across the battle map, but the players who make it on board in time would have their screens change to where only the train is shown.

Train Companies and station-owning towns can pay players to protect their trains, serving as guards along the train's route. The goal would be to knock out all enemies, or force them to have a "Surrender" option. If successful, all of the money carried by the attacked passengers and guards and an additional lot depending on the train quality (500, 1,000, or 2,000$) would be evenly divided amongst the victors.

Workers would have bonuses in building stations, tracks, and trains, Duelers would be good at robbing trains, and Soldiers would be good guards.
-----
I believe this should be implemented because without the Train Companies and Robberies it would provide a faster and realistic way of moving about AND give workers more work, and with Companies and Robberies it could add a fun new aspect of the game in addition to Fort Battles.

I'll try to upload a picture of a map during a Robbery.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

An adjustment to the Train Companies idea:

TRAIN COMPANIES (ADVANCED)
The CEO of a Train Company could give out what amounts to an invitation to players to work for the Company. There would be five types of employees: Managers (they would run Train Stations and could oversee construction), Builders (they would build tracks and stations for the Company), Guards (they would guard Trains), and Mercenaries (while not legal at any time in history, Companies could pay off people to raid other train companies). Each would be paid wages set by the CEO for their work.

The Train Company would have a headquarters that would be built in whatever town the CEO lived in when they opened the company.

TRAIN TRACKS
A train can only move from one station to another station.

RIDING TRAINS
A player would click on the station, and then click a button that says "Buy a Ticket" (unless they already own a ticket). They then would set a number of how many tickets they want to buy, and buy it like in a normal store. Once the player has tickets they would click a button (on the first Station screen) that says "Schedule a Ride". They would then comb a list of trains, which if a train name was clicked on it would show a timetable. The player would mark down, using boxes, the train they want to ride and then choose from two more lists the time they want to board the train and the location they want to ride to. They would also be allowed to see the number of guards on the train.

The player would immediately, upon choosing their train, lose their Ticket and start "Waiting for Train". While riding the train their "work" would be "Riding a Train" and if attacked, "Fighting on Train".

The way the location thing works is, Town A may be connected to Town B, but Player A wants to go to Town E. Player A then chooses to ride the train from Town A to Town B and so on in till they reach Town E.

DeletedUser14280

I think it'd be an understatement to say that you're trying too hard, though.

I can see an idea of a train robbery map in my mind.
It follows the progress of the robbers, as they ride along the track and try to beat the train guards in a shootout while the train moves across the screen...

DeletedUser

I like this idea. What about if there are slots available for each travel/departure, for example only a maximum of 20 people can take a train on that day/hour, something like fort battle limits, it will make it more realistic :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, I didn't want to over complicate it but I realized that only so many people could fit on the map in a Train Robbery.

You would have varying numbers of people who can be on the train, depending on its quality, and you could have a force of robbers in Train Robberies up to half the size of the train's load.
----------------
Trains would allow players quicker transit from town to town, across sectors, or even across worlds.

Train Companies could make the game more competitive and fun by having a third thing to build in addition to Towns and Forts. Companies could also be a good new source of money.

Robberies would be like "high-risk dueling": the Robbers would be putting themselves in danger of being KOed in exchange for the possibility of getting the money that, like, 20 people are carrying. This is really up to the devs, but I figure a 10 second wait time between moves would be best because unlike battles, all the strategy in a train robbery had to be planned beforehand and during the robbery you'd have to think quick.

Thank you for the compliment.

DeletedUser

Any more opinions on my idea? Or Crigas?

I'd post this in the Ideas Ready for Suggestion, but I want to see the negatives to this.

TRAIN CRASHES
Train tracks can overlap, but train owners (whether they be Companies or Towns) have to make sure that two trains don't meet at the crossroads at the same time. If they do, everybody on board gets KOd.

It really won't add much to gameplay: it's just a bit of realism.

Deleted User - 819397

Umm, you'll get in trouble if you put this in the development discussions, only Gem can, when it seems that enough people have voted for it. I personally like it, but only if it doesn't cause a lot of controversy about the availability.

DeletedUser

Any more opinions on my idea? Or Crigas?

I'd post this in the Ideas Ready for Suggestion, but I want to see the negatives to this.

TRAIN CRASHES
Train tracks can overlap, but train owners (whether they be Companies or Towns) have to make sure that two trains don't meet at the crossroads at the same time. If they do, everybody on board gets KOd.

It really won't add much to gameplay: it's just a bit of realism.

No, that's horrible. Someone screws up, and we all die?

DeletedUser14280

Someone sabotages the trains, and you all die?
Actually...Not a bad idea...

But I think you should just lose 1/3 of your max HP in a crash.
Then, you follow up with an ambush, to steal all the money on the train.

Deleted User - 819397

Hmm...now that's an idea, Celxius. There could be like a job sign if a train crashed that says rob trains...for like maybe an hour or two after the crash...I like it.

DeletedUser

Hmmm. I don't think a sabotage would be necessary (after all, you already have the Train Robbery), but robbing a crash site could be a good idea: the passengers lose 1/3 of their health and have to wait for 2 hours in till they are "rescued". Maybe have some money in the center of the map and if a thief makes it to the money and back they earn a monetary prize.

DeletedUser

Umm, you'll get in trouble if you put this in the development discussions, only Gem can, when it seems that enough people have voted for it. I personally like it, but only if it doesn't cause a lot of controversy about the availability.

What would the availability problem be?

If you're referring to everybody building Train Companies, it wouldn't cost much to begin but it would be a pain in the *** expanding your company.

DeletedUser

1/3 of their health? Your joking right? More like 3/4...

There should be limited amount of companies too. Say, 4 per county?

To set up the tracks you need to do "laying railroad tracks" job (but in your town) and have wood and iron rods available.

For companies, there would need to be 2 new buildings: Train Station and Company HQ.