Resolved Lowest LP for building up town?

DeletedUser

Hi all

Just wondering what LP you usually set before people are allowed to build up a town?

This mainly applies to starting a new town, say upto level 3 or 4 buildings.

Also is there a set formula how many buildpoints you should get against the total LP for construction? (looked through guide and couldnt see it, but sure ive missed it)

Cheers in advance

DeletedUser

It really depends on the construction skill of your best builder, the number of builders, and how much money your town brings in. In general, you probably want other builders to have at least maybe two thirds of your best builder's skill, but if you have more money coming in than they can spend, you can go lower.

Construction formula:

The formula for construction points is:
CP = (LP/10+5)*M*t
where
CP = construction points
LP = labor points
M = motivation
t = number of 30min intervals (1 for 30 min, 2 for 1 hour, 4 for 2 hours).

Motivation is taken at the end of the job (the value from the report is rounded, i.e. if you work 30 minutes, the motivation will be 0.985, but the report will say 99%; use 0.985 in this case)
Labor points is taken at the time the job is scheduled.

Calculator: http://dcfw.info/cp.html

I've seen at least one more, this is just the only one I have bookmarked. I'm not even sure which construction formula it uses, the one above, the original formula, which was Zehava's and is slightly less accurate, or another one, I can't remember whose, which is slightly more accurate in taking the rise of motivation into account.

DeletedUser

I'm not going to change this to "Resolved" yet. I'm hoping Dj Storm (or someone else) will give you a more detailed answer than mine.

DeletedUser

Calculator: http://dcfw.info/cp.html

I've seen at least one more, this is just the only one I have bookmarked. I'm not even sure which construction formula it uses, the one above, the original formula, which was Zehava's and is slightly less accurate, or another one, I can't remember whose, which is slightly more accurate in taking the rise of motivation into account.

This one uses Zehava's (old) formula.

This one is better (I helped tweaking it); it uses the labor points at the time the job is scheduled, and the motivation (0 to 100) at the time the job is started The time is 0.5, 1 or 2. The result is a "worst case scenario", you can gain 0-4 construction points more than what the site says. Use it only for the next building shift. If you schedule two (or more) building shifts back-to-back, use for motivation for the second shift the value at the beginning of the second shift, not the value at the time of scheduling.

DeletedUser

Well then I'll change my bookmark. I've never used a calculator in any game that was the only thing on the site with absolutely no other information whatsoever. I can't believe the two exceptions I've found were for the same thing in one game.