Pure Build Guide (simplified)

DeletedUser

I hope this will help some of the new West players interested in pure builds...

Here are all the total sums of all pure build options. The first percentage is total experience followed by the total income of each pure build.

*<<exp / income>>*

Construction | 758% / 799%

Vigor | 740% / 908%

Toughness | 881% / 863%

Stamina | 1024% / 962%

Horseback Riding | 862% / 572%

Reflex | 844% / 784%

**Hiding | 1332% / 1054%

Swimming | 808% / 753%

**Shooting | 1243% / 1028%

**Set Traps | 1130% / 966%

Fine Motor Skills | 705% / 659%

Repairing | 893% / 721%

**Leadership | 1222% / 955%

Tactics | 1083% / 854%

Trading | 956% / 882%

Animal Instinct | 1014% / 777%

**Appearance | 1179% / 1142%

Gratitude goes out to Denisero and Elmyr for time spent creating the complete pure guide to make it possible to calculate all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They're the sums of money and experience %s for jobs in the Pure Build Guide which tell you the levels at which each job becomes available when putting all your skill points into a given skill and all your attribute points into the corresponding attribute (without considering equipment).

I'm not sure that it really tells you anything though. The sum of the xp/money values aren't really that informative in themselves. If you take higher value to mean a better path to follow then you're not really getting the whole picture.

Take hypothetical skills - one of which gave you a new skill with 5% xp every level for the first 5 levels, the other which had a 1% skill at level 1 and a 24% skill at level 5. For the sake of simplicity, we'll say that that's as far as the levels go.

On the face of it, judging purely by totals, both of these jobs give a total of 25% xp. You will, however, get far worse progression to level 5 with the second one because you're stuck with a single job with a bad pay-off.

The other factor in all of this is that it doesn't much matter, over time, if you can do 1000 low level jobs which give you 1% xp each (for a total of 1000) because you'd always concentrate instead on 3 jobs which gave you 10% each. So, a total of 30% can actually be better than a total of 1000%.

Sorry to be critical Tim. I appreciate the time you put into this, I just think it's possibly a little misleading, as Gamecmdr said. It doesn't give you any idea of the rate of progression you'll have or what the ultimate pay-offs will be when you get to a suitably high level.

A series of graphs showing the total experience at each level for each build would go some way to illustrating the progression - providing people realised that steeper segments in a graph were probable indicators of better jobs.

DeletedUser

Hey Tim, could you make bold or underline the best builds that you have starred? I didn't realize they're there the first time I saw them and may be someone else may miss them too so highlighting them may provide a better presentation.

And yeah, although I would that the numbers are a little helpful, people will only do the best jobs and not all jobs possible so they numbers are not very relevant in deciding a good build. I think that if you divide those numbers with the levels at which you can unlock the best jobs and show the result for every level, then it'll be more helpful.

DeletedUser

At what point does it no longer benefit you to be a pure class??

DeletedUser20647

At what point does it no longer benefit you to be a pure class??

At some point, the chosen skill will not get you to a particular job as fast another skill would or it won't get you that job at all. For example, if you go pure trapper, you will have to switch to leadership/shooting at some point (grizzlies) becouse the higher level jobs require these skills.

DeletedUser

Pure shooting is very slow, it sucks imo.

It's only slow if you start out pure shooting. There is no better pure build for XP than shooting, as long as you started out trapping. No one who knows what he's talking about has ever suggested starting pure shooting.

DeletedUser21720

Construction | 758% / 799%

Ive read this many times, and understand about loading up on an attribute and certain skill, but what is this number???? if it was really simplified i should immediately understand it, shouldnt I?

DeletedUser22685

If you read the first post you should understand it. It is total exp % / total money %.

I don't completely know what that means but I assume he added together all the jobs you get with that build to get those final numbers.

DeletedUser22685

The points in dexterity give points to shooting which means OK dueling.

And if Mr. Red Rep Bar here is correct, good money too.

DeletedUser22685

going pure something is stupid in my opinion
Lol. I'm afraid to say I don't see any sense in your opinion.

Pure builds are often the most effective way to make money or experience quickly and well planned pure builds form good foundations for respeccing into a dueler, fort fighter or just about anything due to the AP focused in one attribute.