Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

• Yes. This change is absolutely needed to balance resistance dueling.

Votes: 1,125 47.3%
  • No. This change would destroy dueling and unfairly singles out resistance duelers.

Votes: 494 20.8%
  • No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive.

Votes: 488 20.5%
  • Undecided. It doesn't affect me because I don't duel and don't get dueled.

Votes: 272 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm sure everyone was expecting this and here's the poll on the recent dueling change announcement, at HotNSexy's request.

DeletedUser

Although I think this change is extremely needed, they cannot completely change dueling in one single update.

So I suggest a different cap, maybe 70%. Nothing higher than that.

DeletedUser

Although I think this change is extremely needed, they cannot completely change dueling in one single update.

So I suggest a different cap, maybe 70%. Nothing higher than that.

A 70% cap is actually more extreme. I think you are arguing that they should have a 30% cap.

DeletedUser

Thank you for putting this put your Elmyr-ness

70% cap? Are you nuts?

DeletedUser

If you read the question closely, it's a 50% cap on damage reduction, i.e. damage can only be reduced by a maximum of 50%. 70% would be less extreme, because damage could be reduced 70%. I went back and forth on the phrasing of the third option until I settled on "is excessive" to avoid ambiguity.

DeletedUser

elmyr, 70% is more extreme...

Damage could be reduced by 70%.
Damage could be reduced by 30%.

my head heads....lol

DeletedUser

70% cap is still nuts.

The way to go isn't with a cap, it's to better correlate resistance to shooting/vigor.

omg, i'm confused. I'm gonna stop thinking about the %'s.

DeletedUser

If you read the question closely, it's a 50% cap on damage reduction, i.e. damage can only be reduced by a maximum of 50%. 70% would be less extreme, because damage could be reduced 70%. I went back and forth on the phrasing of the third option until I settled on "is excessive" to avoid ambiguity.

Yeah, you're right. I got confused because the original quote was:

In version 1.22 we will make some changes to how dueling works. Currently your reflex and toughness skills can lower damage to nearly 0% in a duel.

After the update, both these skills will only be able to lower damage to 50%.

DeletedUser

personally, i love it:), it now requires some skill/actual forethought to duel:unsure:, no longer point, click, collect rewards.

DeletedUser

Yay!!! You'll all kill me but this means that almost all duel skills are capped. We know a perfect dueler build now...

DeletedUser

It is too severe. it was put in game to prevent abuse of defensive dueler build, but it went to far and alienates anyone that likes to have high defense. the % needs to be changed.

DeletedUser

Just take away the reflex interfering in the resistence against meele duerlers and thoughnes interfering the resistence against range duelers

DeletedUser

To-do list for update 1.23:
-put a cap of 10 damage per hit for anyone with vigor/shooting higher than 150
-make resistance and reflex 0% effective in a duel, make dodging 100% effective
Yeah, that's the way I see this game going. Keep the duels as-is, we're all doing fine.

DeletedUser

message to those who voted "yes", did you even stop to think about the consequences ?!

Let me make a comparison, if the devs would announce that v1.23 would bring a fix where 50% of all accounts would be deleted, would you still vote yes ?!

THINK before you vote! Use the melon shaped item that rests on your shoulders!

DeletedUser

I think the melon shaped item protrudes from the torso and is connected by a stumpy looking thing called a neck ;)

But yes, to those players who voted yes, I hope you actually read the poll question and understand that you're voting based on the 50% cap only.

DeletedUser

message to those who voted "yes", did you even stop to think about the consequences ?!

Let me make a comparison, if the devs would announce that v1.23 would bring a fix where 50% of all accounts would be deleted, would you still vote yes ?!

THINK before you vote! Use the melon shaped item that rests on your shoulders!

I do indeed have a melon on my shoulders at the moment. But my question is this. How did you know that I am in training for the International melon-shoulder balancing competition to be held in Finland at the end of the month? Spooky. :unsure:

DeletedUser

im sure everyone knows what i voted for lol, no need to destroy it DEVS

Status
Not open for further replies.