Dueling Changes- Devs Destroy Dueling

DeletedUser

Dueling Change

So what does everything think about this change in 1.22?

I personally find it ridiculous that damage can only be reduced to 50%. I don't think most players and the devs understand what resistance duelers give up. Resistance duelers do not have the dodge/appearance/tactics. They have low aim and lowish vigor/shooting because they don't need to be that high to usually win. To cap it at 50% reduction is insane. It's practically making it so resistance duelers have no chance of winning. Now, even if that means there's a point where toughness/reflex doesn't make any difference, it'll require respec and forces resistance players to spend lots of money to adapt.

Look, as a fairly known resistance player in world 1, I'll be the first to admit that the resistance to damage proportion is unbalanced, but putting a 50% cap on resistance is preposterous. This isn't the way, and the devs are screwing dueling up.

If a change must be made, then I do not believe there should be any sort of "cap" on resistance. I believe the damage formula should be reconfigured so that resistance correlates much more accurately to shooting/vigor levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that the opinions will be only....
It's good because I'm a dueler and I can win against workers more easily than that and..
It's bad because I'm a worker and I can't defend now very well

DeletedUser

It's the most ridiculous thing they've ever done (besides changing the 0% motivation thing for dueling). Seriously, who is responsible for such decisions? Now I'm most likely forced to DELETE all my resistance players. Thanks a lot! Of course this means less money for Innogames as I won't replace them by new characters...

DeletedUser

...i think they should leave dueling alone,they gonna screw things up...

DeletedUser

...and what this means exactly for non-resistance duelers,that their low reflex/toughness gonna worth even less or what?...

DeletedUser

Dueling Change

So what does everything think about this change in 1.22?

I personally find it ridiculous that damage can be reduced to 50%. I don't think most players and the devs understand what resistance duelers give up. Resistance duelers do not have the dodge/appearance/tactics. They have low aim and lowish vigor/shooting because they don't need to be that high to usually win. To cap it at 50% reduction is insane. It's practically making it so resistance duelers have no chance of winning. Now, even if that means there's a point where toughness/reflex doesn't make any difference, it'll require respec and forces resistance players to spend lots of money to adapt.

For example:
Resistance Melee Dueler vs. Regular Range Dueler

100 toughness, 100 reflex, 100 vigor, 60 aim vs. 200 shooting, 100 aim, 100 dodging

What does that mean?
The range dueler can hit for 200+ damage probably on a majority of the rounds, and with 100 dodge against only 60 aim, the resistance dueler should expect to hit 1-3 times for 100-200 damage. So how can the resistance dueler win?

The ranged dueler has 200 points in skills that don't apply to jobs. That's his trade off, shoulden't he be given an advantage for that?;)

Then again, shooting is a much better job skill anyway:sad:

DeletedUser

Find me high level jobs that uses vigor and reflex?

and I could have used another dueler set-up that includes appearance/tactics, which are good for jobs.

DeletedUser

I recommend anyone who can cope with loss and/or hasn't invested their time&faith too heavily in resistance characters, gets themselves suttin to drink n some snacks and watches this thread for the evening. :D

~ Bear in mind, they didn't entirely remove the strengths of tough/flex resistance builds, they just balanced it some. ~

DeletedUser

Putting a 50% cap on resistance doesn't balance anything. It screws over resistance duelers. This isn't the way.

DeletedUser

Dueling will be removed from the game all together at this rate. Although, you never know. We might get pillows and be able to have a pillow fight before we sleep at a sleepover in each others towns (except for the fact that they're on the verge of removing sleepovers as well).

DeletedUser

Find me high level jobs that uses vigor and reflex?

and I could have used another dueler set-up that includes appearance/tactics, which are good for jobs.

Find me any jobs that use dodging/aim?;)

DeletedUser

Well now I'm happy coz I don't have a lot of toughness/reflex.

But don't think that someone will hit 200+ to "resistant" dueler, because they are not hitting 100+ now.( remember changes are from 100% -> 50%).

But on the other hand if dev are making serious changes in the game, they should give opportunity to change skills without paying $$.

DeletedUser

Find me any jobs that use dodging/aim?;)

Resistance duelers put points into aim too ;)

and with vigor, reflex not used for any good jobs and aim useless, resistance duelers have toughness, while that range dueler set-up example I gave has double the shooting of the toughness, along with Attribute points in dexterity, which are great for jobs.

DeletedUser

But don't think that someone will hit 200+ to "resistant" dueler, because they are not hitting 100+ now.( remember changes are from 100% -> 50%).

I get hit for 200+ damage every time I face someone with 200+ shooting, and never win and I have massive resistance.

drullos

Now I can kiss my resistance dueler goodbye. Wouldn't mind if it was changed to 20-25%, but 50% is just bogus.

DeletedUser

If you're in world 1, you can find me on the leaderboard for toughness/reflex, but with duel gear on, I have 210 toughness and 114 reflex. yea, i know it's not balanced distribution, but that's cause i go for a specific job first (in this case chasing bandits), dueling is a secondary thing for me.

DeletedUser

Okay, I was one of the most outspoken oppenents to the resistance build...and I don't like this change.

I think that melee folks have a legitimate gripe that there aren't enough high end jobs that use vigor (that is somewhat balanced by the good jobs at the low and middle game, especially when it comes to good money jobs, but not completely balanced).

Also, currently there are two main paths of dueling:
1. Dex that gives you access to Shooting and Aim -- both necessary skills.
2. Str that gives you access to Vigor, Toughness and Hit Points. Hit Points is pretty useless as a skill right now. Not to spam, but please see my suggestion for how to make Hit Points more effective. Toughness is now no longer a path to victory. So, Str will only give you access to one valued dueling skill, Vigor.

IMO, we need to balance both of those issues.

DeletedUser

If you're in world 1, you can find me on the leaderboard for toughness/reflex, but with duel gear on, I have 210 toughness and 114 reflex. yea, i know it's not balanced distribution, but that's cause i go for a specific job first (in this case chasing bandits), dueling is a secondary thing for me.

Then your particular weakness is people who offload their points into shooting. Every build has a weakness, do you expect to never lose?