HotNSexy's Guide to Dueling Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Neckband: Brown Shawl, Golden Buffalo
I would also add Mexican Bandana when defending, with Donkey and Tequila you get 21 Vigor, 4 Toughness and 4 Health Points, which imo is better than what you get from Golden Buffalo
Can other players duel me?
Yes. As long as you are in a town, not sleeping, and not KO’d, you can be dueled.
Or as long as you haven't signed for a fort battle and you are not at that fort

DeletedUser

I was dueled while I was at a fort and signed up for the battle...

Also, sandals should be put in with the Mexican Bandana and donkey.
The charlatan set is pretty good for ranged duelers also...

DeletedUser

especialy for ranged resistance and melee resistance duelers the brown spiked shoes can be great, just though id say they desreve a mention at least. the rest is more or less debateable, but like you said no one would argue its far off from right

DeletedUser

I've added the mexican bandanna as one of the best duel items.

Added the bit about the fort and not being dueled.

Sandals are not one of the "best" items imo. Brown Boots for Range and Fancy Riding Boots for Melee are far better.

The charlatan set isn't that great. The bonuses are good if you have the entire set, but I think it's better to stick with regular dueling gear instead of that set.

brown spiked shoes can be great for resistance duelers, but it's not one of the "best" shoes.

As a resistance dueler myself, I'd pick fancy riding boots over brown spiked shoes anyday.

-------------

I'l be adding scenarios for level 50 and level 20 for each duel build's skill distribution, to make it a little easier for lower level players to gauge where they should be.

If anyone has any other ideas as to what else I could add to this guide, it'd be very much appreciated.

DeletedUser

You should include hp in all these. You cant duel with only having 710 hp at lvl 70.

DeletedUser

You missed walking stick off melee duelers (Only applies to men i know)

DeletedUser

Skill Points DescriptionsAppearance: Lowers your opponent’s defense value
Tactics: Helps to lower your opponent’s attack value

Both of these skills either lower your opponents attack value (if you have more than your opponent) or reduce the penalty on your own attack value (if you have less than your opponent). Neither ever affects anyone's defense value.

And yeah, hit points are important as well (as you said yourself). So posting the hit points of all builds for Soldiers, Soldiers with Premium and others would be a good idea.

DeletedUser

i woudl include a appearance/tactics build. i use one and appearance really makes a big difference

DeletedUser

...gray waistcoat is good too for ranged.....

..i have a question......is it against rules to duel someone who is not wearing a weapon?

DeletedUser

Good guide although I would say that Black Coat is better than Fancy Coat for ranged duelers. It's only a small improvement but it is that much cheaper

DeletedUser

nice and i didnt point anything in my apperance but im always win

DeletedUser11353

Nice guide HotNSexy
..i have a question......is it against rules to duel someone who is not wearing a weapon?
If it`s not a prearranged duel you can duel him but if you two had a deal that he/you will remove a weapon and then duel it`s against rules

DeletedUser

Nice guide HotNSexy

If it`s not a prearranged duel you can duel him but if you two had a deal that he/you will remove a weapon and then duel it`s against rules

...thanx....to me it's not exciting to duel someone who hasn't weapon,i was just curious 'cos i've seen some players without weapon and i thought they probably think that they are protected that way.....and it wouldn't be ok if that would become a mass habit (specialy among workers) not to wear weapon when you don't want to be dueled........but it's ok if they can be dueled anyway.....

DeletedUser

Looks like my wardrobe for my dueler and soldier =-P I would argue that Mexican Bandana-Donkey-Tequilla combination is better than the Golden Buffalo for melee defense.

Defensive Comparison:

Mexican Bandana-Donkey-Tequilla= +23 Dueling Stats (+19 Vigor, +2 Toughness, +2 Health Points= )

Golden Buffalo= +21 Total Stats (including Health Points)

Mexican Bandana-Donkey-Tequilla is clearly better for defense. Golden Buffalo spreads out your stats way too much. MBDT concentrates your melee stats to the most important defensive skills.

DeletedUser

well
Golden Buffalo + Donkey + tequila = 24 dueling stats ( +1 vigor, 1 tougness 1 HP)
but i still like the mexican banada, Golden Buffalo speards out skill too much

DeletedUser

But only dueler can have that, and it is not as good as the blue shawl

DeletedUser

Consider the Blue Shawl for offense for ranged.

Offensive Ranged Duelers:

Blue Shawl= +19 Total +13 Appearance, +3 Aim, +3 Shooting

Black bow= +14 Total +11 Shooting +3 Appearance

Golden buffalo= +18 Total.... unless you want to throw in Health Points, but for the most part that's just an added plus. And unless the other comparative item has health points I don't count it.

DeletedUser

well
Golden Buffalo + Donkey + tequila = 24 dueling stats ( +1 vigor, 1 tougness 1 HP)
but i still like the mexican banada, Golden Buffalo speards out skill too much

That is true to have that combo, it would make both mexican banada-donkey-tequila and Golden Buffalo-donkey-tequila dead equal, but I would still go with the mexican banada-donkey-tequila combo, like you said it concentrates your strength/vigor bonuses.

DeletedUser12734

Someone dueled me, beat me, and gained 0 Exp. How is that possible?
The player who dueled you is a zero motivation dueler, which means they duel for no experience. They can duel you because with 100% motivation, they would gain experience from beating you.

what? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.