Variant Worlds

DeletedUser

I think that the west developers should try opening new worlds with different rules for game play. The "normal" worlds are fun, but I think that renewed interest in the game would be generated with some variety.

"Variables":
Character Classes
Duels (On/Off)
Towns (42800 points/500 points)
Counties
Forts
Town Residences
Number of Players

Here is a list of ideas that I came up with:

Limited Classes
Worlds should be opened in which players can only select one or two classes.

Examples:
Workers Only. This world would probably be pretty laid back. (At least it might seem so to players who are used to fighting all the time.) Workers would probably love it though. Who's going to max the first town? Which fort will be completed first? How many towns can you build? Would probably be quite fun for some. Perhaps dueling would be turned off for this world.

Adventuers Only. This world would probably become a fashion show. Who can buy the best gear?! Alright, I'm just joking; I'm an adventurer in world one, so I can pick on adventurers. lol Perhaps towns would be pre-built (42800 points) in this world. It would be very nice for those players who just want to follow the quest lines, and experiment with the "secret" aspects of the game.

Duelers Only. Let's get it on! Who's the biggest and the baddest? Would be a very intense world, for sure. I'd love it. Towns should definitely be pre-built in this world. Perhaps forts would be turned off.

Soldiers Only. Fort battle extravaganza! Soldiers, prepare to fight in large armies. All towns and forts should be pre-built. Lets fight over them!

Duelers and Soldiers Only. Which side will you fight for?

Critical Mass (my personal favorite)
This world would be composed of one county. Just one. I've counted how many "found a town" icons there are per square and I came up with about 250 towns. So, only 12,500 player would be allowed to join this world. It would be awesome. 12,500 players, 250 towns, and three forts. It would rock! However, the developers might want to increase the possible number of players allowed in a fort battle for this world. Yet, if not, that would just increase the number of battles in this world! :D Dueling would also be crazy: we'd all be within a short distance of each other!

Speed Worlds
XP Contest. Who can reach level 99 first? Obviously this world would be a contest of who could receive the most xp the fastest. The xp gained on a job should be greatly increased, and 1/2 an hour in this world would equal 2 hours in a "normal" world. This world would only last a few months.

Dueling Level. Who can achieve the highest dueling level in X amount of time? All towns and forts would be pre-built. Players would start this world with $300 dollars, a slingshot, and some gear. Also, the prices for items in this world would be reduced.

x2, x4, x8
Any speed could be added to a "normal" world or a variant to add extra excitement.

Any of these ideas could be mixed and matched to provide a amazing selection of worlds to play in.
We could have Critical Mass: Duelers Only, or XP Contest: Workers Only. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noobmic

I like the "Critical Mass" part :) with the option to disable duels by player. Because the only character that I like is adventurer and I don't want to be dueled so if I have this option I will never duel a player and I will never be dueled and in a such a small world is great.

DeletedUser

I think there is too much that they could do to improve the game as it is for them to start worrying about variants, personally.

DeletedUser

pssshhhh way to take my idea and add a couple of different settings. Next time, try to come up with your own idea instead of working off of someone else's.

DeletedUser

Peace, dude!

I didn't steal your idea, hottie. I came up with this idea while I was getting my PJ's on last night. Great minds think alike!

DeletedUser

I posted first :p

either way, your limited classes is boring. I would never join a world for pure anything. Everyone would be doing the same exact thing. That would be the dullest world ever.

Your "critical mass" idea is interesting.

Your speed world should be faster, if it's only going to last a few months. and there would need to be joining requirements. Premium players should really be the only ones able to play, like in tribalwars. It'll cost 5 nuggets or something to join.

DeletedUser

I wasn't exactly sure about the speeds; I'm sure the developers would know what speeds would be necessary to reach level 99 in a few months.

Also, your premium idea is good.

DeletedUser

i just dont like the fact that with some of these world, alot of people wouldnt bother to play on normal worlds. why would a quest doer want to play on a world where they can be dueled, or a worker.

on the speed world too many people would be able to reach high levels and complete the high level quests, and know the secret reward, plus they would get bored of the speed on normal worlds.

its a good idea at first, but when you think of it its too harmful to the normal worlds

DeletedUser

Quests would be turned off on speed worlds.

Also, adventurers like to duel too.

I'd never leave the "normal" worlds; too much politics and drama. ;)

DeletedUser

Even if nobody liked the other ideas, I think that the "Critical Mass" world is a must. I might faint if I ever got to play in such a world.

O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating, but I am totally addicted to the-west.

DeletedUser

Critical Mass sounds friggin amazin.

I reckon they'll do speed servers anyway further down the line to revitalise the game.

DeletedUser

How about...
A world with less towns, but with higher limits. Therefore having better shootouts. And probably less family towns.

DeletedUser

Might be an idea . . .

Should I submit the "Critical Mass" idea to the Development Section?

DeletedUser

Might be an idea . . .

Should I submit the "Critical Mass" idea to the Development Section?

I see that you did. Only Gem can move ideas to Development Discussions. For what it's worth, I don't know if any kind of variant worlds would ever be implemented, but I do like the Critical Mass idea.

Deleted User - 819397

The critical mass idea is great. The others are good too, but if I had to vote for 1 of them and watch the others get booted, then sign me up for the critical mass!

DeletedUser

I threw an idea in not so long ago and despite the time it would take to code I still think it's interesting.
Generation worlds. Maximum level of 20, once you hit the experience to reach level 21 your character is replaced by the next "generation" who starts off with a slightly larger bonus every generation. Say one point of each skill per generation, and you inherit a % of the items and products your "parent" owned.
This would make it so that there is never a massive gap between players and newbies joining a world are never so far behind the leading players, but you still get benefits for the long term players.
It would need some looking at the level requirements for items as well of course. Perhaps every generation could allow you to choose a benefit. +1 Str/Mob/Dec/Cha or Item use requires -1 level or Open next quest level (for quests above level 20)

And yes I like critical mass as an idea as well.

Deleted User - 819397

Now that is a really odd idea, but strangely appealing too. What if quests didn't have -1 level requirements, but whatever the "parent" didn't finish in his/her lifetime the kid has to finish?