Melee or Ranged?

DeletedUser15762

I was wondering if you had a melee weapon, and you went to a fort battle with a ranged weapon, would you be at a disadvantage because you invested mainly in vigor and strength, not shooting?

DeletedUser

The only skills that come into play for fort battles are Leadership, Aim, Dodge, Hiding and Stamina. Doesn't matter if you are melee or ranged. What you do need is to bring a fort weapon with you otherwise you end up throwing stones. Regular weapons, shooting and vigor have nothing to do with fort battles.

DeletedUser

Equip dueling weapons in fort battles for their bonuses, regardless of their damage or your specs.

DeletedUser

in duel, each have their advance.
But if u choose the melee, u will be focusing in dueling more than range, that because melee doesnt have much high level job

DeletedUser15762

OK. Thanks, Denisero and Elmyr. By the way, melee weapon fighters have more health points since I guess the invest mainly in strength, right?

DeletedUser

Usually yes. Anyone who invests Attribute points into Strength will have extra health. Melee soldier has even more because of their health character bonus.

DeletedUser

Usually yes. Anyone who invests Attribute points into Strength will have extra health. Melee soldier has even more because of their health character bonus.

I had thought the soldier health bonus was only for points put directly into health, not health gained by boosting strength. I guess I should actually check, but then being a ranged soldier I don't really put points into either.

DeletedUser

I had thought the soldier health bonus was only for points put directly into health, not health gained by boosting strength. I guess I should actually check, but then being a ranged soldier I don't really put points into either.
It's for every skill point you have in health, no matter how it got there. If you put AP into Strength then 1 SP goes into health