Town Brawl

DeletedUser

Some liked my idea so much that they asked me to start my own thread where we could discuss it. So, here it is:

A brawl would be like a shootout, except you're using your dueling weapons. This would be a perfect way to settle disputes. Experience points and loot would be awarded the winners. If the defenders didn't show up to defend their town, the brawlers who attacked would receive some money from the bank (this would ensure that the defenders don't chicken out). However, to prevent abuse, at least three defenders must arrive to prevent the bank from being robbed. Once this threshold is overcome, the attackers (if they win) are rewarded in xp and loot.

Defenders are always rewarded in xp and loot.

The battle map is the town: better aim from the town hall; better reflex from the Tailor Shop; better toughness from the bank; better shooting from the Gunsmith; better dodging from the General Store; better vigor in the hotel.

These buildings just provide bonuses; all dueling skills would be calculated just like in a normal duel.

Like I said before, it would be a perfect way to settle disputes. Let's say your lower level town members are being farmed by some dueler. However, this enemy dueler is too low for you to hit back at. Order a brawl at their town. You might be able to knock him out if he shows up. And his fellow town members might order him too stop if they get beaten up to badly. Of course, if you get your hind-end kicked: such is the way of dueling.

DeletedUser

So like Forts...only called Towns? ;)

I think there is more than enough fighting based game play in the West.
Well posted idea though.

DeletedUser

No, it's to:

1) allow towns to retaliate against one another

2) spice up the game

3) re-fuel dueling

DeletedUser

how long would we have before the battel, and how do the attacks/defeners win

and i love this idea i would like to see more game with fort like battels in them

DeletedUser

Several problems with this. You can have large towns attacking small towns all the time to rob their bank. All dueler towns will have a larger advantage than they already do, especially if normal dueling skills are used. New towns will have no advantage whatsoever and I just see this as a way for higher leveled players to take advantage of lower leveled ones.
Awful awful idea.

DeletedUser

what if there was somthing like a dueling lv but for the town based on points

DeletedUser

You still have all dueler towns with a huge advantage. Plus no towns will be able to opt out of this like they can with forts. It would also have to tie into forts. If a town belongs or owns a fort then I can see coordinated attacks. One town starts a town brawl on another town just when the fort battle is supposed to take place. They can't defend both at the same time. This is starting to get complicated.

DeletedUser

Unnecessary. At present, our town coordinates attacks on other towns. In unison, we maul other towns, dueling their residents and passing everyone out repeatedly. We gain xp & cash, lots of it, and eventually the other town surrenders.

There is no need to include some features that would turn this fun little behavior into something that is easily exploited. Going to have to grudgingly agree with Dee here, it's an awful idea.

DeletedUser

If only two or three defenders shop up, the bank would be incapable of being robbed.

Taking a little money from the bank was the only punishment I could think of for defenders chickening out.

DeletedUser

The problem is, Justin, if they are at the town, then they are not battling, they're cowering (chickening out). To battle, you go to the enemy's town.

DeletedUser

So like Forts...only called Towns? ;)

I think that sums up your idea. Forts were just implemented and still being worked on a lot, and now you want "Towns," which is exactly the same as forts except in towns.

DeletedUser

No, there is too much room for attacking a 'sister' town just for the xp and transfer of money. This idea could entirely make it too easy to expolit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, there is too much room for attacking a 'sister' town just for the xp and transfer of money. This idea could entirely make it too easy to expolit.

Which is already exploited now by individuals, but rule changes have made it illegal and the mechanisms to catch those exploiters could be easily adapted for town brawls.

DeletedUser

Hmm, not so sure about that. Since there are no "official" alliances in the game I am not so sure that it could be traced and caught as easily as Elmyr said.