Cannons and Special Weapons

DeletedUser6439

Don't get me wrong, the 1.20 is epic. However, I was rather shocked to learn that we don't get cannons for out fort:indian:. Actually, I was WHAT THE PUCKING and fell off of my chair.

Seriously, we need special equipment. I suppose each cannon can be built and manned by a few people. One chap aims, another loads, get my drift? I suppose it can be used when attacking and defending. It would have a line of sight, and deal damage along that line of site.

Also, there are other things I was thinking about but I had my doubts. The Gatling guns is one example. I've seen it on Wild West shows on the History channel. However, if you want a better glimpse of it view this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3KF7FukzI

Horses could also be added into the fort battles.

This is not a thought out post. I am just trying to get my idea out there.

What do you think?
:indian::indian::indian::indian::indian:

Good idea:

I like the cannons idea. I think that it should be a little bit easier for defenders since it's their fort afterall. So with the cannon idea, I think cannons can be another structure to build that requires certain resources. A fort can have up to 4, one in each tower. The cannons are automtically computer controlled during a fort battle and would give the defenders little extra help. Each cannon after built can be upgraded up to lvl 3. Depening on the lvl, they fire 1 time each round if lvl 1, 2 times if lvl 2, and 3 times if lvl 3. But upgrading would cost like 10 rounds, 20 stone, 10 oil to frame lvl 1, and double the amount of resources required to frame each subsequent level, so it's not too easy to get lvl 3 cannons. I don't know, just a thought.

Also, I was thinking about a secret nuclear bomb department, where a nuke can be built by the towns that own the fort. The nuke can then be used to deal 90% damage to all attackers on a fort. The nuke would require 10000 points to be built, cost significnt money and resources and must be replaced each time after use. I know... no nukes back then, but still...just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11353

Also, there are other things I was thinking about but I had my doubts. The Gatling guns is one example.
Fort store will be implemented with the next update, it will contain gatling gun and other `special` items

DeletedUser

I like the cannons idea. I think that it should be a little bit easier for defenders since it's their fort afterall. So with the cannon idea, I think cannons can be another structure to build that requires certain resources. A fort can have up to 4, one in each tower. The cannons are automtically computer controlled during a fort battle and would give the defenders little extra help. Each cannon after built can be upgraded up to lvl 3. Depening on the lvl, they fire 1 time each round if lvl 1, 2 times if lvl 2, and 3 times if lvl 3. But upgrading would cost like 10 rounds, 20 stone, 10 oil to frame lvl 1, and double the amount of resources required to frame each subsequent level, so it's not too easy to get lvl 3 cannons. I don't know, just a thought.

Also, I was thinking about a secret nuclear bomb department, where a nuke can be built by the towns that own the fort. The nuke can then be used to deal 90% damage to all attackers on a fort. The nuke would require 10000 points to be built, cost significnt money and resources and must be replaced each time after use. I know... no nukes back then, but still...just an idea.

DeletedUser

im all for this idea, tho i hope they dont over power defender to the point that an attack would meet a 60 cannon barrage.

DeletedUser

hey i remember the show in WILD WILD WEST that James and Artimus going after bad guy that had a "nuke".

could work here.?.

DeletedUser

I thought players can develop special attack and defenses after the next updates. Does anyone no more about that?

DeletedUser

Those aren't ready yet. This is just the first taste of forts. More features are being worked on.

DeletedUser

Ok, whoever got the nuke idea deserves to get shot... and shot again. Realisim should be in this game. Not make it a sci fi all out nuke war. People HAVE tons of money to waste and would nuke anything in site. This is the west, not 2142.

Well, heres my idea. There is the shop coming, but what if there were fort services that could be purchaced. Like superior craftsmanship that makes your wall and towers 1 better for a battle. Or war experience, adding 5 leadership to your char. Stuff like that, the little things, would make the forts a little more intresting.

DeletedUser

Ok, whoever got the nuke idea deserves to get shot... and shot again. Realisim should be in this game. Not make it a sci fi all out nuke war. People HAVE tons of money to waste and would nuke anything in site. This is the west, not 2142.

Well, heres my idea. There is the shop coming, but what if there were fort services that could be purchaced. Like superior craftsmanship that makes your wall and towers 1 better for a battle. Or war experience, adding 5 leadership to your char. Stuff like that, the little things, would make the forts a little more intresting.

i like these ideas.

one thing to remember though gattling guns didn't grow on trees either, they where uncommon.

i actually think there needs to be a whole different skill set.
Fort management(both agressive and defensive).

examples below only.

fortify position: Allows Defensive structure enhancements. Makes you a little tougher to hit.
field medic: minor repairs 50-100 hp's per medical pack (5 minute cooldown, pack used in attempt), increase hp regen by 2 while inside the fort.
Artillery control: allows you to use various special fort weapons. Or destroy them.
Damage Control: your attacks are capable of destroying/damaging buildings.

The only real nuke that should ever be considered is razing(burning) the fort and towns(ghost only) to the ground.

DeletedUser

New Weapons??

Hey im so excited about the new weapons like crossbows and shotguns and stuff,

i bought a crossbow for like $2000 which was all i have

i was wondering....

can i use it in duels i really hope so or their worthless and a waste :unsure::sad:

DeletedUser

that has nothing to do with this thread, it's something for the questions forum, but to answer, no you cannot use it in duels. it's only for fort battles.

DeletedUser

hey i remember the show in WILD WILD WEST that James and Artimus going after bad guy that had a "nuke".

could work here.?.

speaking of wild wild west (Will Smith one) attackers should get that tank thing if forts get cannons

something like this

www_tank.jpg

it was the tank that was used in the movie

DeletedUser

speaking of wild wild west (Will Smith one) attackers should get that tank thing if forts get cannons

something like this

www_tank.jpg

it was the tank that was used in the movie

Lol, still dont want the nuke or tank just little things

DeletedUser

That I do not know. They are only available in the fort shops, which we can't build yet.

DeletedUser

They came out in beta originally in lvl 1 gunsmiths instead of fort shops (it was a bug). It has since been fixed, but at the time there was another bug and all fort weapons were available to level 1 characters, so I have no idea what level you would have to be to wield one. We still have no fort shops in beta either, have to wait a while to find out I guess.