Good Ideas to make The West even better

DeletedUser

There are ideas that I have got while playing The West, I haven't had time to read all other ideas that players have submitted, only have looked some so there may be ideas that others have already told, if you read these ideas, comment what you think about them. I may get new ideas, then I will try to post them in here.

E-mail activation:
Every account should be activated with e-mail, so you have to input valid e-mail address.
This avoid people putting invalid e-mail or addresses that they do not own.
Right now as far as I remember you have to activate account only to complete Pony express quest at start.

Reporting town profiles:
There should be option to easily report town profiles too, like player profiles, when they are inappropriate f.e. not in English.

Taking money out of Treasury:
It would be great to take money out of Town treasury, even when town is fully built you will get money from sales but can't take it out.
You can try but here comes error "No money can be withdrawn". And also when you let someone to buy items they would pay for it few hundred dollars and you will get profit for it.
* when everyone takes money out it would be crazy so either only Founders and councils can take/share money out or, every player according to system, how much money they have put into treasury they can take back part of that money, because otherwise it would be used as bank (put money in and take out later).

Hotel campers:
There has been probably many suggestions against people who camp in towns.
I suggest such idea that you can attack players who are sleeping in your hotel but they will get tactics bonus (like soldiers) 100% , less or more, because they are in hotel.
But if they go to sleep in town next to yours they can't be attacked, lets say their town sheriff won't let you to attack him/her in there.

Like admins say, camping isn't illegal, but it could be so that we can attack them too, and with my solution they can be attacked but they would get tactics (defense) bonus, or you can attack them when they are traveling to your neighbor town or back to yours, but when they get to sleep to other towns you can't attack them.

other solutions for that (that others probably have suggested):
* Time limit that takes you to go to sleep, even minute would be enough sometimes to catch camper.
* Kicking out of hotel or hotel ban list - this could be exploited for fun, f.e. someone sleeps in your hotel not even attacking but you will kick him out so he now can be attacked.

Low level accounts:
Low level players lower than 10 should be deleted sooner than other accounts.
Formula how long inactive players will be kept: Player Level+1
that would avoid doing so many World servers, i see so many players (level 1) that sit at one place and won't move until they are deleted.

Train travel:
Train ticket costs but you can travel fast to other parts of world, 300% speed. In every square's center there is train station icon and you have to travel there to buy the ticket and select destination square. Ticket costs Distance in squares x 50.

Ghost towns:
There are so many ghost towns and coming more all the time, it's because so many players want to make their own town instead of joining to some existing one and it's very easy to get 300$ together even for new players, of course they may try once, but there should be system that deletes old ghost towns.

how long ghost towns should be kept:
* town that has less than 1000 points should be deleted after few days
* less than 5000 week
* more than 5000 few weeks
* more than 10000 month
* 42800 may stay or vanish after month

or easier system:
* less than 10000 two weeks
* more than 10000 month

unique system:
* all towns will start to lose points and when they get to 500 they will vanish, but that brings new questions and solutions, like stores should be losing levels (that would be difficult to program). Then it would be separate points and you would see a ghost town that is fully built after few days as "points 39800/42800" left is how much time ghost town has left and right is how much points when it will be taken over again. There can also be system that more older ghost towns will cost more to take over.

And also when you want to reuse ghost town you should be able to see what buildings it has built. Right now you can't see that or contents of stores, that makes taking over bigger ghost towns for experienced players meaningless or kind of lottery. If I have understood right ghost towns will stay forever on maps even when they have only 500 points and ghost town store items are same as when the town was active.

Saveable item sets (probably suggested):
I have many times forgot best clothes for certain jobs, there should be function to save items that you are wearing and load when you need them f.e. Trading with indian set and Dueling set. I know it's not easy to make such function but it would really make gameplay easier for us.

Item limit (beta idea, not ready):
There are so many items that we need like clothes, if there item limit would come, we shouldn't loose items that are over backpack limit, so solution would be to leave items into home town. Besides then when you have so many products that you want to keep but they are making it hard to find other items, you can leave them into town. But it is weird idea needs refining, because what if you don't have home town?

Simple ideas / Things that should be different:
Block invites - so you could block all invites, sometimes when you leave town you get attacked by many invites, there should be option that you are not looking for town.

Telegram system I have so many telegrams that when you want to sort them you look one telegram at f.e. page 23 and want to get back to look other telegrams at same page press telegrams button and you are back at page 1 you have to find page 23 again and there isn't even delete button for telegrams when you look them (Only reply button).
Maybe even showing contents of telegram would help too when you hover cursor at Telegrams name (subject) but there definitely should be delete button like reports have when you open telegram.

Old ideas that I have had when I started playing The West:

* Tent - you can sleep in it anywhere, sleep time 8 hours 50 energy and 50% health

* Town guard, when he/she is in town, guard will take duels on him/her, and when Guard has passed out you can attack others.

* Dueling based upon weapons too, when enemy has weaker weapon you will get less experience

* Honor:

Honor points will increase when you attack players that are stronger than you (higher dueling level)
Honor points will decrease when you attack players that are a lot of weaker than you (lower dueling level)

Honor gained formula:(Opponents dueling level - Opponents character level)-(Your dueling level - Your character level)+1

DeletedUser

email idea..agree

reporting town..ok

money out of town...dissage i can never see it happening founders could relly take advatage of members

campers...i agree i would like a system were you can make it were certain players cant use your hotel

low lv accounts ... agree but i would like to see this but only with lv 1s
trains...aready on the suggested list

goest town....disagree this i think would never happen

DeletedUser

E-mail activation I'm not sure if you have to activate the account for any reason but the Pony Express quest, but if not, you should, like every other game I've played.

Reporting town profiles agreed

Taking money out of Treasury been suggested, an exploitable, e.g. founders robbing the town or using it for giving cash to other players.

Hotel campers no suggestion that allows sleeping players to be attacked will/should ever be implemented.

* Time limit that takes you to go to sleep, even minute would be enough sometimes to catch camper: I guess you haven't seen the heated discussion in 15 minute cooldown to enter hotels

* Kicking out of hotel or hotel ban list - this could be exploited for fun, f.e. someone sleeps in your hotel not even attacking but you will kick him out so he now can be attacked: suggested many times and I hate these suggestions worse than the hotel delay.

Low level accounts suggested, but it should still be done.

Train travelsuggested several times.

Ghost towns I agree possibly on the smallest ghost towns, but not larger.

Saveable item sets (probably suggested) Saved Equipment Sets

Item limit (beta idea, not ready) *sigh* they're already considering inventory limits and absolutely should not. See Inventory Limits

Block invites: good idea
Telegram system: all suggestions to improve telegrams are good, because the system sucks. ;)

* Tent: been suggested.

* Town guard: Sheriff has been suggested many times.

* Dueling based upon weapons too: you shouldn't be punished because your opponent has crappy gear. It would also punish soldiers more than other classes.

* Honor: I'm pretty sure something like this has been suggested, but I like it.

DeletedUser

Low level accounts went to vote, as did sets and trains have come up nearly as many times as trading, and thats saying something!

Edit: Just seen Elmyr's post and I agree with it all.

@ Elmyr: Nothing in your sig about inventory limits. (did you mean your thread?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ Elmyr: Nothing in your sig about inventory limits. (did you mean your thread?)

Sorry, I forgot I edited my sig. I'd already changed it to the link to the thread before I saw this.

Edit: And I've since put it back in my sig. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for reply Elmyr!

Taking money out of Treasury so it should not be implemented, but what about transferring it to other town's treasury?

Hotel campers no suggestion that allows sleeping players to be attacked will/should ever be implemented

You did not say why? But I guess 10 minute limit would be best solution then, and I have seen that discussion in forum but wrote these ideas earlier (into text file).

* Kicking out of hotel or hotel ban list : suggested many times and I hate these suggestions worse than the hotel delay.

That's why I wrote that it could be exploited and I think ban list should not be made.

Train travel This is very great idea, this should really be made.

Ghost towns I agree possibly on the smallest ghost towns, but not larger.

Best would be that unique system for that I wrote previously.
Why not larger towns too? When they start fading slowly, if they don't get taken over before they reach f.e. 500/32800 they will be gone. And what's the point to take over big ghost town when you can't see items in it.

Item limit (beta idea, not ready) *sigh* they're already considering inventory limits and absolutely should not. See Inventory Limits

Yes that's my point too that Item limit should not be made, but it seemed to me that they want to do that anyway.

* Tent: been suggested.

* Town guard: Sheriff has been suggested many times.

That's why I wrote them as old ideas.

DeletedUser

They wouldn't let you transfer money between town treasuries because they don't want to recognize alliances outside of forts.

DeletedUser

Plus nothing to stop the founder from taking the current towns treasury and running off with that to a new town leaving the his old mates high and dry. Or if the founder goes on shopping trip, the new founder doing the same thing. You just aren't going to see a way to transfer money in this game.

As for ghost towns, if they are large ghost towns the advantage is it takes less money and time to complete them. Who cares what is in their shops really. If you are looking for a new base for your duelers or to expand then a ghost town, the larger you can find, is your best bet.

DeletedUser

Telegrams

I have hundreds of telegrams and need to sort them out somehow (delete old ones and keep more interesting ones), probably others have same problem,

Sort telegrams:

There should be option to sort/arrange telegrams by clicking on top header row.

sort by Conversational partner - sorts by name alphabetically
sort by Subject - sorts by Subject name alphabetically, not often needed but should be implemented.
sort by Last message (date) - default sorting state, this is how telegrams are sorted currently, and will be when you open Telegrams again in future.

Delete button:
There should be Delete button when you open telegram (There is only Reply and Report abuse button), like job reports have.

Remember page:
When you sort through pages and open a Telegram let's say on 48th page, then when you want to get back to telegrams by clicking on Telegrams button(round button to the left) it brings you back to page 1, while it should get to page 48(last page), then no separate back button is needed.

DeletedUser

I've been thinking about Railway and trains, we could make so that train travel has also Luck and Danger values

Luck: not much 30% or so, it will give you chance to get some money back from ticket price

Danger: 50% or so. When you travel with train there is chance to get robbed:

Example 1: "Your train got attacked by indians. You lose 110 health points."
Example 2: "Your train got robbed. You lose 80 health points."
Example 3: "Your slip and fall as you leave from train. You lose 60 health points."

This would make train travel more interesting.
And this don't have to come in next updates, fort problems should be fixed first, and then other bugs with two updates.

Ticket costs, as I said before:
Ticket costs Distance in squares x 50$.

Train stations: Every County/Square has one

DeletedUser

with treasury withdraws, you could make it so the founder or one of the counsilers withdraws a certain amount, say $2000, and then that is shared equally amoung all, so if theres 20 members each should get $100. that way founders can't take all the money and run and it would be very costly to give someone money. donating would be pretty pointless but say if a high kevel builders got a full bank of money he can just donate it to help the town and its members. just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

These are some ideas but whether there new who know?

I think if they introduce inventory limits it's time to look for another game! As it is the game lacks purpose at higher lvls and to lose what you worked for over thosands of hours is a total insult to every player in the game and also a double insult to players who paid for premium to reach that level of finance. What they need to do is find ways to make the game have more purpose not less!

Examples from of the top of my head

- introduce building damage to towns for every 50 KOs

- when a town recieves a total member KO the leader of that town gets booted automatically

- introduce a quest that reduces your rejoin time by 50% - 75% I spend far to much time out of my town because of this and it's totally unnessisary and a bad game set up. Another way to tackle this is to make changing towns with allies no rejoin penalty (if the've been allies for a month) or even create shared town membership so you can be members of all ally towns at the same time (taking affect after being allies for one month).

Other thngs that need changing (annoying things)

- changing icons that look simular ie Protecting the track of settlers and Reparing a covered wagon also selling newspapers and printing newspapers

- changing the stupid quest setup so you don't have to accept a quest before doing a "work for so many hours task" (for me this is the most annouying thing in the game)

I get very frustrated when games introduce more complicated things in an atempt to make the game better. Firstly they should change what is annoying, after all EVERYONE plays for fun

DeletedUser

- introduce building damage to towns for every 50 KOs - building damage has been posted before, but with KOs don't know.

Main reason why most of us don't want building damage, is that most towns that are at maximum points don't have builder anymore (re-skilled or left from game), and then there would be no-one to repair town and town would never finish.

- when a town recieves a total member KO the leader of that town gets booted automatically

Nice thought, but I'm sure this would never be implemented. Some towns are really peaceful and they get dueled since they are easy prey, how can you punish them for that by kicking their leader out.

- introduce a quest that reduces your rejoin time by 50% - 75% I spend far to much time out of my town because of this and it's totally unnessisary and a bad game set up.

Maybe you mean premium instead, I don't think they would make quest for that, but premium is considerable.

Another way to tackle this is to make changing towns with allies no rejoin penalty

Allies are not official, they are made by Players.

- changing the stupid quest setup so you don't have to accept a quest before doing a "work for so many hours task"

I get very frustrated when games introduce more complicated things in an atempt to make the game better. Firstly they should change what is annoying, after all EVERYONE plays for fun

Good points, thanks for all replies!

DeletedUser

I have a few good ideas on limiting people on Getting ghost towns, too many noobs own great big towns! :mad:

(I am such a hypocrate...)

DeletedUser

Well whether anyone will want to contribute after Mr Wheeler http://forum.the-west.net/member.php?u=15255wants to rip every suggestion apart with his "superior understanding" is doubtful to me. Perhaps instead of negitivity he might try to understand why sugestions are made rather than focus on destruction.

DeletedUser

He's simply explaining the reason why they won't work from his perspective, he's not trying to bash you. Don't take it so personally. I'll have to say I agree with him though. Sorry.

DeletedUser

Well whether anyone will want to contribute after Mr Wheeler wants to rip every suggestion apart with his "superior understanding" is doubtful to me. Perhaps instead of negitivity he might try to understand why sugestions are made rather than focus on destruction.

If I focus on that positively (maybe I was a bit negative then), then first thing that comes in mind is that forts will have (in future) buildings that will get damaged or even destroyed during fort battle. That will bring question about your idea, why not? Getting fort resources back is much harder than building town up again. :D

DeletedUser

Personally I think the Banking system is fine the way it is.
Train Travel sounds like a good idea to me
Hotel Banning let sleeping dogs lie.
It would be nice if Items could enhance your luck at certain jobs. IE fishing Rod could improve your chances of catching fish, The hammer could improve your construction numbers.