Town Sherrif Position

DeletedUser

I have read a lot about people wanting to be protected from duelers.

What about something like this:

Create a new town position: The Town Sheriff. The position can be assigned in the same manner as a town founder or councilor.

Then add a new building to the town: The Town Jail. In the Jail place an option for any citizen of the town to click: Call it the Protected by the Law button. Clicking this button will prevent the player from challenging another player for a full week. While "protected by the law" that player cannot be challenged as long as the appointed sheriff isn't KO'd. Additionally, players may be booted from their protected state by the sheriff. (This would allow the town some say in whom it protects.)

Make the Town Jail building have multiple levels. And have higher Jail levels allow the sheriff to protect more citizens. For example, maybe have level 1 allow three citizens to be in the "protected by the law" state. Level 2 five...etc. Also at higher Jail levels deputies could be added. Then the "protected" citizens couldn't be challenged unless the sheriff and his deputies were KO'd first. Of course, the sheriff and deputies would be denied access to the "Protected by the Law" state.

Does this make any sense at all?

DeletedUser

I like it, I've been having some thoughts on the sherrif / jails thing recently, I'll post them up when I get home from work :D

EDIT: sdjx, have you actually looked at the link for the sheriff on that list? http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=5087 at least attempting to give greater detail and multiple ideas would allow us to decide what we would like the sheriff to do.

DeletedUser

the protection, is it mean if someone want to duel you citizen, they have to duel the protecter first

DeletedUser

Yeah. That's sort of the idea. The sheriff will have to be KO'd in order for the protected to be attacked.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't want to be the Sheriff. You'd be getting attacked all the time. Not really fair.

DeletedUser

Maybe, but for someone with a strong defensive build, it'd be a choice position. Good sheriffs would be highly sought after. And pesky duelers wouldn't be able to come to town and bypass the fighters and go straight for the workers. They'd have to earn their way to the easy pickins'.

DeletedUser

Yeah. That's sort of the idea. The sheriff will have to be KO'd in order for the protected to be attacked.

but then you have the 48 hour rule to contend with .whbere after someone gets KOed they cant be dueled for 48Hours . either way this is on the do not suggest list so its a moot point anyway

DeletedUser

The Already Suggest Ideas list also points to the correct thread (Sheriffs), where any further improvements on this idea should be discussed, instead of creating a new thread. If you have further ideas on this, that would be the place to revive them (after reading that thread).

Guess this can be locked now...