Competition: How early is it possible to do all jobs?

DeletedUser

Let's hold a little guessing competition!

The setup is as follows:

You have a character and have chosen a Male Adventurer. You have acces to every item in the game, including all sets and all known special weapons - of course you can't wear women's clothes or items specific for other classes. However, you do not have the skill and attribute points that come from quests. Not regular quests, not class quests, not Christmas or Easter quests.

The question is then:

What is the earliest level that you are able to do every single job in the game (while wearing the best clothes for each particular job - that is you don't have to be able to do all jobs in the same clothes)?

I'll let this run for 24-48 hours depending on the interest. Please take a guess, and feel free to motivate it and elaborate what skills you think would be needed most!

I do have the answer, and I'm fairly sure it's the correct one!

DeletedUser

Well thinking back to the job calculator The level you will be able to do any job on will be Level 99.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would guess that most AP would be going to charisma, and the main individual skills used would be hiding, shooting and trapping. I guess that at around level 120 you could do every job in the game.

DeletedUser

Four fine guesses so far. I'm hoping for a lot more. I't daytime in Europe now, so come on! Get those brain cells moving and venture a guess.

DeletedUser

The answer is known - click the spoiler to see the screenshot

[spoil]

thewest-alljobsL99.jpg

[/spoil]

Note this is not my pic and besides the name of the player in the pic I couldn't tell you who deserves credit.

I believe this was a pre-"open" beta screenshot.

DeletedUser

Very interesting! But wouldnt it be a screen shot before jobs were made harder?

DeletedUser

Well thinking back to the job calculator The level you will be able to do any job on will be Level 99.

The answer is known - click the spoiler to see the screenshot

[spoil]

thewest-alljobsL99.jpg

[/spoil]

Note this is not my pic and besides the name of the player in the pic I couldn't tell you who deserves credit.

I believe this was a pre-"open" beta screenshot.

Like I said Level 99

DeletedUser

Dammit!

Ah well, the jigg is up. Without quests (!) the answer is lvl 102. Counting in quests, it's probably possible at lvl 99. The skill distribution I have is a bit different though.

102 AP:

0 Strength,
18 Mobility,
23 Dexterity,
61 Charisma,

306 SP:

19 Vigor
100 Stamina
70 Hiding
16 Swimming
100 Shooting
1 Leadership

DeletedUser

that isnt as high as i thought.thing is though if it can really be reached or if theres a limit on sp?

DeletedUser

The cap on level was removed back in 1.17 or 1.18 if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser

interesting, very interesting. never thought stamina could be such a useful skill.

DeletedUser

As i understand the could be several skill distributions to do all jobs. Does anyone know of other skill distribution ways?
I'm very interested in it as i plan to try this way in one of the worlds.

DeletedUser

I think you've made a mistake somewhere. For example - job Steering a paddle steamer. Difficulty - 347.
Skills: vigor + swiming (x2) + leadership (x2)

By your given numbers it would be:
19 + 34*2 + 62*2 = 211

Thats is your given skills are short of 136.
From items you can get another 120 (without weapon). Still 16 (10 with best weapon you can buy) short.

DeletedUser

I think you've made a mistake somewhere. For example - job Steering a paddle steamer. Difficulty - 347.
Skills: vigor + swiming (x2) + leadership (x2)

By your given numbers it would be:
19 + 34*2 + 62*2 = 211

Thats is your given skills are short of 136.
From items you can get another 120 (without weapon). Still 16 (10 with best weapon you can buy) short.

Let me check it... Indeed I have added the constraint that vigor + swiming (x2) + leadership (x2) >= 211... Let me check the equipment then:

I think you've checked it without considering sets. This is what I get:

Brown Top hat: +20
Black Tie: +20
Green Checkered Shirt: +29
Fancy Shoes: +2
Drake's Muzzle Loader: +8 (Hey, I said acces to all equipment :p)
Walking Stick: +0[?] (same comment as above)

Subtotal: 79
Set-bonus: 58
Total: 137

[?] west stats doesn't record a bonus of +4 which the +2 charisma should give... And the set bonus is indeed 58, so the bonus 4 from the walking stick alone is actually not counted in the weststats job calculator...

DeletedUser

Ok, got it. Thanks! :)
By the way - do you know any other possible skill distributions? Especially ones that would include appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nope, sorry. But tell me what skills you want and I can add them as 'this skill/stats needs to be at least x'-constraints.