In-Game Chat?

DeletedUser

Is it possible that we could get an In-Game Chat bar working? Would make the game more sociable in these early days before towns, and would make 'skilling' more enjoyable.:D

DeletedUser

No, I mean like a text thing. Kinda like what Runescape has going, if you know what I mean.

DeletedUser

wtf is the fun of playing a game if you can't chat to other people?

I guess when you get a town it will be better, but thats ages away....

DeletedUser

I Don't Have The 1337 Skillz Needed For Smoke Signals!!!!111one!11

DeletedUser

Events (work) take an hour to finish... nobody's going to sit there watching encase IGM's popup.

DeletedUser

yes it would......you can limit chat at, let's say 50 characters per line.....but if you want to tell something that uses 51 chars then you post it on the forum.... the chat is very usefull.....i play some other game where the chat is a very important part of the game...the chat makes the game being much fun....otherwise is boring because it's just an other text based game....this one i mean, it's not like TW where you can always find some other thing to do...

it would be nice to have a chat and an option that could disable the images from the game (to make it html only) [much people use that feature because it's more practical]

DeletedUser

Id like a chat.
But I also like Marryat so I guess you shouldnt trust my taste.

DeletedUser

Does the game really need a real-time chat when it already has a mailing feature? Just wait for some bugs to get fixed and it'll update automatically. The time it takes for a person to write a message is the only real factor here.

DeletedUser

as an example....a player wants to sell some items he writes on chat in a special section (trade or market) that he sells that items and he is at a location...it is very practical and fast..... many players don't check the forums that often.....

DeletedUser

Then wouldn't it be easier to go in and select an option to get a "ping" every time someone mails you in-game about market offers? They could have a drop down list for which subject they are mailing you about.

I understand it would be nice, but this would create unnecessary lag, which affects the server, not the individuals. Plus, you'd need to implement buttons such as "ignore", "friend", "report abuse", etc. It would be like having MSN in the game: an entirely separate feature. That's why I said in-game mail is really all that's needed, because it has all that stuff, and it is live-time as well, because the amount of time it takes to respond is the amount of time the player takes to type out his/her message.

DeletedUser

That's why there is the mailing system like in TW. I know it takes more time, but its the best we've got. There should be external chat channels.