Selling multiple items at a single time

DeletedUser

After spending a good amount of time on IE, and watching as the reaction time got slower and slower with every item I sold, I held my head in frustration and wished I could just sell everything I wanted at a single time.

That's when this idea came into mind. Wouldn't it be nice to just click and sell and be done with it? No more dragging and dropping and "Are you sure?" boxes for each item. Well, here's how I imagine it to be:

ex2.png

When you enter the store, you are greeted with your inventory, a total, a few radio buttons, and a sell box. Just simply click the method in which you wish to sell, select each item that will be sold, and watch them light up to inform you that you have chosen them to go on the journey that all unwanted things go on - a trip to item purgatory, where they shall be thrown around and mistreated for eternity(Are you happy now? You sickos! They just wanted to be loved...)

Ahem. Anyhoo, after selecting which items you wish to damn to nothingness, you will see on your left the total amount of worth the items will nab you. On your right, you will see the 'sell' button in all its glory. Click it, and be on your way.

ex1.png

Now, you will also encounter a button entitled 'stack'. What this button does, is allow you to treat stacked items as whole items, so that you may select several stacks at a single time. When you choose this button, you may select said stacks, and when you hit the sell box, it will sell the entire stack, allowing you to bypass the "How many do you wish to sell?" pop-up.

Should you just wish to sell a few of a certain stack, then, well, sorry. You'll have to it the old way, and enter the number you wish to sell. This will be available under 'single'.

Discussions, suggestions, criticism, etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love almost every idea here except the last one, that "all" thing is not necessary, there is already a number (2 in your example) that lets you sell all your stock of that product all together.

Dee it's a different suggestion, I think without a new compartment devs will like it better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe you could post in there to liven that one back up.

Hm. I've got to start searching harder. The whole idea or just a link?

that "all" thing is not necessary, there is already a number (2 in your example) that lets you sell all your stock of that product all together.

Ah, geez. Sorry about that. Doesn't work for me, so I didn't even consider other people. *Smacks forehead*

DeletedUser

Well you could skim the thread and then add your thoughts to it. What you do or do not like about it and improvements you think it might need. That is what it's there for ;)

DeletedUser

There's nothing really to discuss. Flawless - as far as I can tell - and overall better than my idea. I guess I'll just ask for this to be closed.

And maybe the mods could move things to the development forum a little faster. 11 pages, seriously.

DeletedUser

had this idea to it is needed andf i agree i want it all to be sold at once but mine was to have a window in the middle which you drop it onto and then sell everything in the window at once

delldell56

for those of us who use tw-pro, we've had this option for a while (thank you, lekensteyn). would be nice if inno let us use it with the market as well, because it's quite painful to sell/pick one by one, especially when you're selling your crafters 70 blueberries or 200 wood so they can make cheap crafted products for you and your town :(

DeletedUser

......>.>.......correct me if im wrong but this thread is over two years old.......>.>.......

DeletedUser

for those of us who use tw-pro, we've had this option for a while (thank you, lekensteyn). would be nice if inno let us use it with the market as well, because it's quite painful to sell/pick one by one, especially when you're selling your crafters 70 blueberries or 200 wood so they can make cheap crafted products for you and your town :(

lekensteyn has a script to post multiple items on the market, and the reason it works is that the code is there to handle it. It's disabled because it's bugged because you can sell x items for less than x * the minimum for which the item can be sold. I have no idea why they don't just fix it.

Plus actual suggestions to allow this on the market have been made several times. :p