change the default job length

DeletedUser

I suggest 2 hours, but literally every other choice would be a better one than 10 minutes.

DeletedUser

Just to expand on this just flip the way its listed, 2hr at the top ( default) then 1hr 30m and finally 10m

DeletedUser

It's so simple I don't think it even needs a formal proposal. It certainly shouldn't need a mockup. :D

DeletedUser

Really, you have all day to send your character off to work and you people are complaining about the second it takes to swap work length?

DeletedUser

Well I like the idea but I keep thinking do we really want to have 5 pages of discussion about something so minor, have to wait for it to be moved to Development Discussions, wait another week for a poll on it, then wait 2 weeks or w/e for a vote. This is so completely minor and not really an annoyance. I think I'd rather get other ideas to the devs that will get rid of major annoyances or bring new features to the game.

DeletedUser

Brilliant! I went ahead and made the mockup, so I could be cool like Diggo. ;)

mockupo.jpg

DeletedUser

The difference is that vital parts of a town are covered up by the town profile.

Diggo11

I suggest 2 hours, but literally every other choice would be a better one than 10 minutes.
You are going to have alot of angry noobs complaining about this. When the first few jobs are 10/30 minutes Picking Tobacco and it displays 2 hours they will go more insane than normal. Then they'll ask us in the forums making us and especially Violette/Gem insane too :eek:

Ok my random logic is over. I'm in favour.
Brilliant! I went ahead and made the mockup, so I could be cool like Diggo. ;)
And I'm impressed too, you did a great job!
This is the most trivial idea I have ever seen.
I reakon lol. It only takes one click each time you log in, and generally I leave my browser open with The West tab (meaning even less clicking).

DeletedUser

The difference is that vital parts of a town are covered up by the town profile.
And a vital part of the job scheduler (session length) is masked by the useless 10-minute default.

You are going to have alot of angry noobs complaining about this. When the first few jobs are 10/30 minutes Picking Tobacco and it displays 2 hours they will go more insane than normal. Then they'll ask us in the forums making us and especially Violette/Gem insane too :eek:

Ok my random logic is over. I'm in favour.
You almost had me going for a second there. :)

I reakon lol. It only takes one click each time you log in, and generally I leave my browser open with The West tab (meaning even less clicking).
Actually it's 1 click every time you open a job window. If you never change jobs, and you never refresh, and you never accidentally close the job window, then yeah, it'd be once per browser session. That isn't normal though.

Diggo11

Actually it's 1 click every time you open a job window. If you never change jobs, and you never refresh, and you never accidentally close the job window, then yeah, it'd be once per browser session. That isn't normal though.
Oh yeah but I never close the job windows though, I just use the minimise button.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah but I never close the job windows though, I just use the minimise button.
That's great.

So anyway... this is one of those times when the process is a detriment. Somebody just needs to mention this to a dev and it'll be changed in 24 seconds. All the rigamarole of polling and debate is not helpful in this case, because nobody is going to prefer 10 minutes as a default. The only counterarguments have to do with the trappings of the process, not the merit of the suggestion itself.

Sic semper bureaucratus.

DeletedUser

I agree. Is silly for us to waste a month or even more waiting for this to go to devs. If anything maybe a list of trivial things could be packaged together eventually. I would just hate to see 10 little things like this go through one at a time.

DeletedUser

You are going to have alot of angry noobs complaining about this. When the first few jobs are 10/30 minutes Picking Tobacco and it displays 2 hours they will go more insane than normal. Then they'll ask us in the forums making us and especially Violette/Gem insane too

I actually consider this a good reason to leave it. The tutorials are designed specifically to show certain functions in a certain order, which makes sense to me.

If it were really obstructive, it might be worth changing. But it isn't, so it definitely isn't worth rewriting the the tutorial quests.