Character guide

DeletedUser

Please forgive the misspellings I am a horrible speller and due to my laziness do not intend on fixing them.

Well I'm sure some will disagree with this post and I'm even more sure that a select few will post here to point out the mistakes...

I'm writing this because when I first started I looked and looked for a guide a hint on how to develope my character and the answer I got from every one was "it depends on how you want to play" which is true but being new I didn't know how I wanted to play so I basically screwed my character up...

So any way lets start with the Adventurer
Advantages:
The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%.
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10%.
You can use hotels in foreign towns for free until level 2.
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10%.

From my admittedly limited experience these are a few choices

The Trapper build
Every attribute into dexterity and every skill point into setting traps the result you can do jobs like beaver hunt and river fishing early on and jobs like hunting wolves and grizzly later on which gives great exp and a good amount of money you can also switch to shooting later on and be a fair dueler... With this build you will not be able to do most quests!

The Trader build
Every attribute point in charisma and every skill point into trading result you will be able to do jobs like carving out claims trading gem stone search early on and into your twenties you will do jobs like sivler mining trading with indians which all pay very well but lack in xp points... again with this build you will not be able to do all quests.

The swimmer build
Every attribute point in mobilty and every skill point into swimming result you will do jobs like Demolishing the dam Gemstone search Straightening the river rafting wood which offer a balance between xp and money and later on you will do steering a paddle steamer great money job with lack luster xp at the level needed... again not every quest can be done by this build. In my opinion not a very good choice.

The Dueler
Advantages:
The speed on the map is increased by 10%.
The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 20% faster.
You receive 10% more money in a duel.

A few variations here
Duelers do jobs when thier motivation in dueling falls to low to make it worth doing so focusing on jobs is not the right thing to do for a dueler

being a dueler means you fight people steal thier money and gain xp from doing so.
You need either Vigor for melee fighting weapons or shooting for ranged weapons
every one builds thier duelers different some build pure attackers others pure defence there isn't a good pure to this build but this is what I like again from my limited expierence

A shooting dueler
Every attribute point goes into dex cause that gives 1 point to aim and 1 to shooting then 1 point to health 1 to shooting and 1 to dodging until my health is fairly high then the point goes into dodging

I don't really bother with apperance tactics toughness and reflex because I feel the four skills I showed you and the main skills in dueling and the other are just minor skills. again you won't be able to do all the quests.

The Worker
Advantages:
The earned experience points for a job are increased by 5%.
You can deposit 20% more into your bank account.
When constructing buildings in town you receive a bonus of 5% to your labor points.
The motivation to construct buildings in town rises by 10% faster.

The builder every attribute point into strength every skill point into construction result you will be able to do jobs like Setting up telegraph poles building a rail road station early on and jobs like building a ranch house and drilling for oil which pays very well. your main job will to build the town you are in and to get the buildings maxed as fast as possible.
Again not able to do all quests.

The soldier
Advantages:
For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an
additional 5 health points for your character.
The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels.
In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your tactic skill.

The soldier is a great defenisve dueler
strength duelers put attributes into strength and skill points into vigor tactics aim dodging as I have no preference I'm not going to list a ratio

Shooting duelers put attributes into dex and skills into aim shooting tactics health and dodging again as I have no preference I'm not going to list a ratio

The quester

Places attributes and skills points as needed to do various quests gets the worsts jobs makes the least money and xp and is only good for questing.

Well I hope it's not to bad I know there will be alot who disagree with me but we can all agree there is no right or wrong way to build a character in the west this guide is just a basic outline for new players of what i've learned by reading the forums for many hours and playing the game myself.

Well I hope this helps some one...

DeletedUser

Yeah Thanks for this.
Its guides/opinions like these that help in deciding character class.