Re-closing of World 1

DeletedUser

When are they going to close World 1?

Ok, so I was scrolling through the Highscores not too long ago, and I found something...

These statistics are as of Feb 28 2009 from 5:45 - 5:57 Eastern US Time.

Level 5 and below: Starting at rank 20749 (Total level 5s: 358)
Level 4 and below: Starting at rank 21107 (Total level 4s: 373)
Level 3 and below: Starting at 21480 (Total level 3s: 265)
Level 2 and below: Starting at 21745 (Total level 2s: 1140)
Level 1: Starting at 22885 and Ending at 70544 (Total level 1s: 47659)

If you take a look at this, you will see that level 1s take up more than 2/3 of the world 1. Surely 70000 is enough to close the world, so why don't we?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

Or why don't they just increase the amount of inactives deleted per day to about 7,000 instead of about 2,000?

DeletedUser

That would be nice also.

I'm sure many of these level 1s have 0 xp.

DeletedUser

I don't see why any level 1 is allowed to survive more than 72 hours. That's plenty of time to judge whether the player has any interest in the game at all.

DeletedUser

72 hours is a bit short. I always suggest 1 week for inactive level 1s. They are blocking some paying customers. Inno is costing themselves money by waiting 45 days to delete inactive level 1s.

DeletedUser

If they can't get to level 2 in 72 hours they've not followed the first few steps of the tutorial. Restarting at that point should they decide they want to try again would be no hardship.

Of course the deletion time should scale up as they level more, but it doesn't even look like there would be a problem at all if only the inactive level 1's were removed.

DeletedUser

The optimal methods/numbers can be debated, but I haven't found anyone who will disagree that level 1s should be more aggressively deleted.

DeletedUser

What if...

1) Level 1s were given 48 hours to get any amount of xp
2) Level 1s were given 5 days to advance to level 2
3) We delete inactives level 10 or below in 15 days

Inactives would be deleted after these days; clearing the world(s) greatly and leaving room for players who are actually wanting to play.

DeletedUser

Level 1s now extend to rank 71633

Rose about 1100. Which means that The West World 1 has another 1100 inactive level ones.

DeletedUser

I just wish they had come up with deletion rules like this way sooner. I used to have a very worked on character on NexusTK, by the guys who made Maple Story but not as horrible as that game. For some reason, even in the year 2001, they felt the need to delete accounts that had not been paid for other 6 months to a year. And this is a character that was a C Ryong with 100k hp/28k mana almost a Master smith and was already a master smelter/miner, which means nothing unless you played the game and means everything if you have played it. I can say for a fact had they not deleted my account I would have probably been playing and paying on and off up to and including now. But those inactive level nothings should definately go as soon as possible...

Codeguru