Stealing items when you knock someone out

DeletedUser

I don`t know if this has been asked before, but, seeing as you can steal money from people you beat in battles..was wondering maybe if you knock someone out you would be able to steal an item from them as well. I think that would be a good idea.:)

DeletedUser363

One Word: NO

People work hard to earn their items, and nobody should be able to steal them. Imagine you worked 3 months to get a $9000 dollar item and then somebody stole it from you because they knocked you out. How would you feel then?
This idea will also get a lot of criticism from workers, who already feel that duelers have it way too easy and should be erased from this game.

DeletedUser

There should definitely be robberies in the game. Would make the world more interactive. However, many things need to be rebalanced in order for it to truly work.

DeletedUser

a) Been suggested.
b) It was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now.
c) "I don't know if it's been suggested" is not a substitute for searching.

DeletedUser

a) Been suggested.
b) It was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now.
c) "I don't know if it's been suggested" is not a substitute for searching.

The concept of robbery itself isn't a bad idea. You just need tweak a number of things, such as item scarcity - and counter-balancing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think if you really want robbery in the game then we have to have the compartmentalized backpacks or extra unlootable storage areas to keep items in. I don't see how it would be acceptable any other way. I'm not opposed to robbing someone of an item in their backpack if you KO them, but there has to be safeguards in place so that someone isn't losing all those high priced items.

DeletedUser

Way too hard to balance. Going from not being able to take anything if they have no cash to being able to steal a $7000 fancy stetson is a huge change. Besides stealing, a method of protecting items would also have to be implemented, like a safe in town where you store items you aren't currently using, with worn items being untouchable. It would just be a hassle moving gear around.

DeletedUser

I don`t know if this has been asked before, but, seeing as you can steal money from people you beat in battles..was wondering maybe if you knock someone out you would be able to steal an item from them as well. I think that would be a good idea.:)

it has its been shot down and its in the do not suggest list

DeletedUser

It's certainly very realistic, but it's also not going to be approved. Having people die permanently is also realistic, and also not going to be approved -- at least, not for all players (they could always make an optional hardcore mode).

Among other problems, this would open the door wide to interplayer item transfer.

DeletedUser

I see where you are coming from with this idea, but I'll sum up the final answer:

NO!

DeletedUser

its one of those ideas you g ok looks good but when it happens to you you hate it so

NO