Beating Jacob

DeletedUser

Dueled this guy 3 times,needless to say l lost every time.I adjusted attacks and defense.This fellow seems to do the same, any advice?

DeletedUser

Here, use this on him.

whoopass.jpg

DeletedUser

If his stance changes, no one can give you any advice on yours. All you can do is keep trying. Higher level, better dueling clothes, better weapon, whatever. Or just keep trying it every day when you're healed up and up you get lucky on your stance. If you're looking for a trick, I don't think anyone is going to have one.

DeletedUser

My solution

I am getting nowhere trying to beat this guy and I see this as another insanely hard feature put in just to frustrate you. So..........in W5 once I get the treasure I'm keeping it and selling it- screw Jacob because it will most likely take me months before I can beat him- I think it is stupid to have this hard of a duel for an adventurer- so what is the point we are supposed to set our guy up for dueling now? If I wanted to be a dueler I would have been a dueler.

DeletedUser

huh, i am not that far in the quest yet but lately any NPC i duel gets ko'd without putting any damage on me, wonder if jacob will be much different. Won't find out for a long time though thanks to the huge requirements to trade with a buncha indians. -.-

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure from my experience that Jacob is melee, so boost your toughness gear to reduce damage.

Red Falcon

huh, i am not that far in the quest yet but lately any NPC i duel gets ko'd without putting any damage on me, wonder if jacob will be much different. Won't find out for a long time though thanks to the huge requirements to trade with a buncha indians. -.-

This was the way my duels were going too, but only in the normal quests. Not in the new character quests. The second NPC I dueled in The Revenger Quest Series put up more of a challenge and I kind of liked having to tweak my dueling strategy in order to be able to defeat him. And I found out his weakness relatively quickly too!

DeletedUser

I am getting nowhere trying to beat this guy and I see this as another insanely hard feature put in just to frustrate you. So..........in W5 once I get the treasure I'm keeping it and selling it- screw Jacob because it will most likely take me months before I can beat him- I think it is stupid to have this hard of a duel for an adventurer- so what is the point we are supposed to set our guy up for dueling now? If I wanted to be a dueler I would have been a dueler.

I have a feeling some of the Class questlines aren't geared to be completed one after another right away. The next job in my Soldier class-line is Selling Guns with Indians. I'm lvl 42 now but still about -122 pts from doing it. Some other jobs I needed to do with various classes took awhile to be able to do as well, ie. Trading with Indians as and Adventurer since I'm not a pure build.

Since this game uses real time, figured I should learn some patience :p