Town Item Finder Tool

DeletedUser

Town Item Finder Tool

Well if you haven't worked it out from the title already I have created an town item finder tool. There has many occasions where I have found myself looking through many towns just to find an item. This was very annoying like you probably know, but now this will be a thing of the past with the all new Town Item Finder Tool!

Description
The Town Item Finder allows you to search for the closest towns from your current position for an item you want. You can also search for items available outside the town shop only! It will show you the closest shops and there distance from you also a quick link to go directly to town.

Features Overview

• Search shops for an item you want
  • Searching for quest items is no longer a problem
  • You can search for items only available outside and inside towns
  • Shops are displayed closest first and distance/time from you
  • You can quickly scroll to the shops with a link provided
  • No registration needed to use the tool!

If you want your shop to be displayed in the tool you will need to register on the Town Management Tool and enter your shop details.

Why should I, as a Town Founder register?

1. Increase sales to your town by making it easier for people to find town items
  2. Adding your shop items takes less than 60 seconds!
  3. For the good of the community and for yourself
  4. The Town Management Tool has more features than this

Start using the Town Item Finder Tool today at west.orkhost.com!

If you find any bugs or errors let me know! So I can fix them quickly. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

suggestion..... no need to make us mark off the horses they are automatic with the store level....

And you need to keep "like items" together just like the store... searching all over the place for where to put the checkmarks is a big flaw(logistics wise)

DeletedUser

Well your right with the horses but it would not be worth the coding time. It's six clicks come on.

Yeah the problem is the store items in-game are sorted by a certain type order then by price. This type of sort would be quite complex. I sorted the items by store level and item name. If you had been using this tool from when your town had started it wouldn't seem such a big task, as you would only add a few items each time your store went up a level.

Maybe a easier way to do it would be by putting the store level up one at a time then ticking off items you have.

The thing to remember this is only the first version of this tool and it can always be improved :).

DeletedUser

Now the co-ordinates thing makes sense! Great idea, Eddy51. Thanks.

Just a couple of "user-friendly" suggestions...

1. I agree with TimeWalker about the item order.

2. My laptop screen res is 1024x600 but I had to use the horizontal scrollbar, so narrowing the item title columns might be a good idea.

3. If it would be possible to update sections without the entire page refreshing, that would be far preferable.

4. Ideally, I'd like to see each section as a non-input display unless updating. (ie; only currently registered items are shown, with no checkboxes, until you push the "update button". And after updating, the section returns to just your stock display.

If that is too much work, at least some confirmation that the data has processed would be good.

5. The same for the town blurb. A no-input display unless editing. (And feel free to add in some WYSIWYG buttons. ;) )

Also note, "Blue Clothing" is listing twice in the Tailor items.

But again.. Great idea and great work. Thanks Eddy!

DeletedUser

Now the co-ordinates thing makes sense! Great idea, Eddy51. Thanks.

Just a couple of "user-friendly" suggestions...

1. I agree with TimeWalker about the item order.

2. My laptop screen res is 1024x600 but I had to use the horizontal scrollbar, so narrowing the item title columns might be a good idea.

3. If it would be possible to update sections without the entire page refreshing, that would be far preferable.

4. Ideally, I'd like to see each section as a non-input display unless updating. (ie; only currently registered items are shown, with no checkboxes, until you push the "update button". And after updating, the section returns to just your stock display.

If that is too much work, at least some confirmation that the data has processed would be good.

5. The same for the town blurb. A no-input display unless editing. (And feel free to add in some WYSIWYG buttons. ;) )

Also note, "Blue Clothing" is listing twice in the Tailor items.

But again.. Great idea and great work. Thanks Eddy!

Thanks. That's some good ideas there.

1. Yes I also agree I will try to sort the order to the same as the shops.

2. Yeah I should be able to take about 300px off, it should fit in lower res screens better then.

3. Yeah this would be possible and I will try to do this as well. Just a bit more complex than the current way.

4. This is a great idea! Now why didn't I think of that? :eek: Makes so much sense, I will be doing this as it will make it easier to see what you have and don't.

5. Yeah good idea to and we will see about the WYSIWYG buttons lol

I just looked in the Tailor items and couldn't see blue clothing listed twice. Could you please confirm you can see it twice? :)

DeletedUser

blue clothing...

Edited to add: Btw, even with so few towns in there at the moment, I've already been able to find something one of my town members has been looking for for a while. Yay!!!! :)

Attachments

• blueclothing.jpg
    blueclothing.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 30

DeletedUser

Sorry didn't see it lol, I have removed the extra one now :). That's good to hear it's been useful to you :).

DeletedUser

Auto Town Shop Items Import

I have just added an easy copy and paste of town items. Meaning you can import all your town items in about 30 seconds. This is just a quick fix to the scroll and ticking every item issue.

Now there should be no reason why a town founder wouldn't want to enter there town shops items! Unless your really lazy. :laugh:

Anyone get access denied?

Well if you did I have fixed this problem. I'm not sure if anyone did or even if it was a problem but I noticed something which may have caused this.:unsure:

DeletedUser

oh and eddy could you possiably pretty please take off that annoying text entry for every login?

DeletedUser

That's there for safety reasons but I will put a keep me logged in option there, been planning on doing that for a while just not got round to it.

DeletedUser

Small Update with item sort and item display

I have just updated the way the store items are sorted and now are the same as the in-game items. Except the gunsmith items are not as they are also sorted by melee and firearm type, without entering extra info it will just have to stay the way it is for now.

Town store items are only displayed as what items you have in the stores, unless you activate item editing which then will show all items and allow you to edit them. Also made the item display width smaller as per request.

This is just a small update to make things easier for town founders to enter items.

DeletedUser

Great Tool? Hardly.

-Can't set individual taxes.
-Can't remove members.
-Went to known bugs link before posting "Cannot access" LMAO COME ON.
-Copy/pasted Town Item Finder link in The West browser, hit enter. It told me info was uploaded. Great! TO WHERE????????? How do I find the closest Town to me with the item I want now?
-Previous weeks Donations not shown for ANY members, not even MY OWN!!!!!!
-Seriously? I paid money for this?

DeletedUser

-Can't remove members.
-Copy/pasted Town Item Finder link in The West browser, hit enter. It told me info was uploaded. Great! TO WHERE?????????

Has to be your browser, all this works for me

How do I find the closest Town to me with the item I want now?

I guess that is all based on if other members upload there inventory

DeletedUser

-Can't remove members.
-Copy/pasted Town Item Finder link in The West browser, hit enter. It told me info was uploaded. Great! TO WHERE????????? How do I find the closest Town to me with the item I want now?
-Seriously? I paid money for this?

The known bugs link should now work. Also read the big red text at the top! Your date formats are likely month/day/year. After copying and pasting that link select what items to display in the shop(Inside Outside) and your item you want to find.

You pay nothing for this, it is an unofficial tool made by me!

Diggo11

Yeah perhaps when you import the data say you need to refresh the other window, just to make it easier for such airheads.

DeletedUser

Yeah there are a few things that need making a little more user friendly.