Reputation Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser3717
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3717

Hey!

Heres my idea on the forum you can give out reputation points.

Heres how it works

Next to the person name under it or what ever will be a thumbs up and a thumbs down picture.

If you get a thumbs up by someother person +1 Reputation point

If you get a thumbs down by someother person -1 Reputation point.

You all start at 0 reputation points and you can go dwon from zero to -1 -2 etc

and up from just 1, 2 , 3 etc

Tell me what you think

-Jordon

DeletedUser3717

Thats your opinion but you would be known pretty well around the forums if you had like 56 rep points?

DeletedUser

I remember this being tried and failing at TW, the mods had like a million rep, so a plus rep from one of them gave that person a million + rep

Do we honestly need yet another way to stroke our e-peens?

Pr0n not enough now? :laugh:

DeletedUser3717

What happens if you put a cap on it? 1 rep point to give out per day?

DeletedUser

because it still has to be effected by your positive rep, surely a well known/liked player saying your good has to be worth more positive rep then someone who is disliked/not known?

DeletedUser

The boards have a built in reputation system, they just have to enable it.

DeletedUser

because it still has to be effected by your positive rep, surely a well known/liked player saying your good has to be worth more positive rep then someone who is disliked/not known?

Why?

Just becuase Bob the divine likes you, doesn't mean you are a likebale character.

Everyones vote has to count equally.

Alternatively one could count both negative AND positive points seperatly, having both be displayed.

DeletedUser

The people who flood the boards with fluff posts would be the ones with the highest reps because they are the ones who waste their time with that sort of thing.

I doubt any of the people whose posts I enjoy/respect would bother with it. And I envisage more junk PMs, receiving messages asking for points to go with the "Plz can I be ur frend" spam.

DeletedUser

The people who flood the boards with fluff posts would be the ones with the highest reps because they are the ones who waste their time with that sort of thing.

I doubt any of the people whose posts I enjoy/respect would bother with it. And I envisage more junk PMs, receiving messages asking for points to go with the "Plz can I be ur frend" spam.

I already get those ><

DeletedUser

I've been a part of boards with a rep system and I liked it. That said, every board is different, because the people are different and the focus is different. So, I'm fine with this idea, but I can't say with certainty that it'd be good here.

DeletedUser

I think rep systems tend to work best on boards that are very "help" driven, especially technical ones. And while help is given here, it seems to me the main drive is social and I think that makes for screwy rankings.

I'm not opposing the idea. It is just a feature I probably wouldn't use in this context. :)

Red Falcon

Why?

Just becuase Bob the divine likes you, doesn't mean you are a likebale character.

Everyones vote has to count equally.

Alternatively one could count both negative AND positive points seperatly, having both be displayed.

YouTube has something similar to this, but it only counts for video comments when you're watching a video on there. And if a comment gets minus 6 or more, it gets automatically hidden.

DeletedUser

Congrats on your first Thumbs Down Jordon Lol

And this would be a brilliant idea worth looking at and implimenting into everything because its so awesome... How? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.