Duel opponents too high to fight?

MFRavenhawk

Can someone tell me why it is that if an opponent in a duel can attack you, you cant always attack them in return since you get a notice that "duel level is too high"?

I can understand the possibility that someone may have gained level between the time that they attack you and the time you seek revenge, but this situation has happened to me several times on different worlds:

I get attacked by player "X" and lose. I go to Player "X"s down and try for revenge, but cant touch player "X" due to level being too high. I attack several townsmen instad...I do not increase in level dispite occasionally gaining experience. Next thing I know, player "X" is back kicking my ass again for all the damage I did to his townsmen, and I still cannot retaiate directly against "X".

Can anyone explain to me why this is?

DeletedUser5046

is your character non-dueller?:unsure:

if so then thats actually te answer...if you wanna duel sumone you have to raise your duelling skills up to their level or even to their duelling level.

MFRavenhawk

My character is an aventurer on worlds 1, 4, and 5, soldier on world 2, and dueler on world 3...I have had this problem on all worlds, regardless of my or my opponent's profession.

The point is, how can someone who is too danged high for you to attack able to attack you?

DeletedUser5046

hmm...
have you ever tried working on a job where your labor point is not enough?

DeletedUser

I think u should be able 2 attack player's higher lvl then u....

MFRavenhawk

hmm...
have you ever tried working on a job where your labor point is not enough?

yes, obviously that cant be done. however, with dueling, there is a restriction that prevents you from attacking players too low in level compared to you, and similarly a restriction against attacking those too high compared to you. is the restriction equal in both directions??

If not, why not?

DeletedUser5046

uhm....you really have to boost your duelling skills ..and get even level wit player 'x'

MFRavenhawk

Let me give you an example...on world 3 I am a level 32 dueler..and I can attack a level 45 player without a hitch (even though I do often lose).

However, I cannot attack a level 25 player, being told they are too low to fight. Similarly I am told I cant attack a level 50 player for them being too high....yet that same level 50 player is attacking ME!!!!

MFRavenhawk

I know there are gaps between levels..that IS the point of my question.

What is the point that a player you CANT attack ceases being able to attack you????

DeletedUser5046

his level..try attacking another level 50 player wit te same job as player 'x' and see if it works te same

MFRavenhawk

I have... character level 50 is out of my reach even though my dueling level is 45, and character level is 32. I am figuring this is why I can hit some character level 25 players, but not others...depends on their dueling level.

But you still are not answering the key point to my question...if I cannot attack a level 50 dueler (character level...never mind dueling level), why/how can he attack me? The particular dueler who is attacking me on world 3 has a dueling level of 62, which if the comparisons are equal between myself and him, should put me out of his reach..but this doesnt seem to be the case.

MFRavenhawk

Similarly on World one...both myself and the mentioned opponent are adveturers, NOT duels by chartacter class.

There I am level 38, with a level 45 dueling, my opponent is level 44 with level 57 dueling. He attacks me constantly...at least twice a day, yet he is listed as too high for me to attack.

DeletedUser5046

i dunno if i really shouldnt mind te duelling level inspite of te fact tat you wanted to get revenge by duelling...

MFRavenhawk

i dunno if i really shouldnt mind te duelling level inspite of te fact tat you wanted to get revenge by duelling...

well, if someone attacks you over and over...wouldnt you want to get revenge too?

the inability to return an attack is quite honestly making me want to quit the game since it seems patently unfair.

DeletedUser

If your dueling level is 45 and his is 57, you should be able to challenge him. I have no idea why you can't, but just wanted to let you know that your question is clear.:unsure:

MFRavenhawk

to angelaiah013:

check out the point I am trying to make for yourself...on world 2 I am a level 34 soldier with dueling level 36...you in contrast are a level 26 soldier with level 26 dueling...i cant touch you as you are too low in rank.

On world 3 I am a level 32 dueler with a level 45 dueling...you are a level 32 worker with level 28 dueling...again I cant touch you for being too low.

On world 4 we are both adventurers... I am level 25 with a level 27 dueling, you are level 24 with level 25 dueling...on that world you are not out of my reach.

Obviously, there is some point that the split between players' levels makes them out of reach to each other..yet the point to my question shows that it ISNT EQUAL both above and below a given rank. I am trying to find out why this is, since it seems to me that if you can be attacked by ANY given player, you should be able to attack in return....yet this isnt the case.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5046

w4

then i suppose you should be able to get nearer to me first before you can actually get a duel *i bet i will lost in your challenge*

DeletedUser

I have no idea how the dueling range works, being relatively new (ok, more than relatively), but if range was based on percentage difference in levels, e.g., ±50% then a level 40 could attack a level 20 but a level 20 could only attack a level 30.

MFRavenhawk

then i suppose you should be able to get nearer to me first before you can actually get a duel *i bet i will lost in your challenge*

Not challenging you there....on any world. And it doesnt matter if i am in your town to challange you or not. Simply by getting your profile from the ranings list and clicking duel, it tells me if I can or not..in this case on world 2 and 3, I cant, while on world 4 I can.

I did this to illustrate there is some point that when a character outranks another, the one attempting to attack cant do so. What I would be curious is if, since I cant attack you on worlds 2 and 3, if you might still be able to attack me.