More Places to rest besides Hotels.

DeletedUser

I know that tents we suggested, but who says they need to be tents?

The forts could be a place where you could work, and visit to rest, possibly even buy a few items. Many forts in the west during this time allowed the people to visit a shop that they had, and visit.

Wagon trains? I'm unsure how this idea would be fully implemented, but their could be trains that were created by non-playable people, and people who do play could join them, rest there, etc. Of course there'd be the danger of Indians attacking you if you were apart of one.

DeletedUser

maybe you could find a cave in a mountain and sleep, but at the risk of being mauled by a grizzly

the fort idea seems ok, but it risks it becoming just another town that you can work at

DeletedUser

I think the idea of gaining 3 energy per hr encapsulates the spirit of just lounging around - resting on log, sleeping in a cave, kickin' back on a lake shore....etc.

I think that 30 min of prayer should grant you 1 pt of energy (would make the churches way more useful...

DeletedUser

what exactly does praying do at the moment anyway?

excuse the sudden twist in topic, i just suddenly got curious

DeletedUser

i dont know i did it once nothing happend so i never did it agian....
any way tents would be cool!
they should be sold at the town [like at the general store]

DeletedUser

it raises the chance to find objects while doing jobs... or so people say.

DeletedUser

thanks for that, guess it makes sense, i prayed and while in a field i found myself another gray cap

whoever said prayers go unanswered!

DeletedUser

I think there should be no energy regeneration unless you sleep in a hotel or a tent.

DeletedUser

i dont know i did it once nothing happend so i never did it agian....
any way tents would be cool!
they should be sold at the town [like at the general store]
Tents are not the best idea.

The forts, or as some one else said mountains would be better. (and more realistic for this time period.)

The church idea seems like a brilliant idea, because right now it helps very little.

DeletedUser

The church idea seems like a brilliant idea, because right now it helps very little.

It seems to me that, just like real life, we just don't know how much spending time praying actually helps...;)

I love it, let's keep it this way.:cool:

On-Topic: Tents were not included for a reason, would be my guess.

DeletedUser

you should be able to go Indian hunting :D

grab your buddies and take over some of there land ;)

then you can sleep in there teepee's :p

DeletedUser

On-Topic: Tents were not included for a reason, would be my guess.

Good point, which is why I'm suggesting Forts, or as some one else said Caves.

It would not give as much energy as sleeping in a hotel does. I don't think tents would be ideal, but caves and forts would, and these were used at that time period.

DeletedUser

o c'mon now they were using stretches of hemp-strewn canvas to provide shade 1000's of years ago. What American Western Frontiersmen just suddenly stopped?

And I seriously think the idea of gaining 1 energy pt per 30 minute prayer is not that imbalancing and provides a bit more reflection of real-world situations...

NOT TO BRING UP THE ARGUEMENT OF RELIGION, but how many of us feel a bit more "invigorated" after a 30 minute meditation (whether it be prayer, mantra, chanting, tai-chi or yoga)

DeletedUser

Not saying that they stopped. Just saying for this game, caves and forts are the better idea. Maybe, after a certain time, the forts could be closed for resting. Also, the forts would still cost money, the good reason for a fort to be used is theres more of them nearer most players right now.

And to talk about the church thing, well it may increase your chances of getting items while working, but other than that it is useless.

DeletedUser

With absolutely no intention of relating this to religion, I too think the church should heal you faster than just "doing nothing". It's more spiritual than anything.

Case in point. What of us Indians? We are spiritual, yet the "church" is not where we conduct our "services".

By taking out the religion, you can still have spirituality which encompasses all religions with no superiority nor inferiority.

DeletedUser

With absolutely no intention of relating this to religion, I too think the church should heal you faster than just "doing nothing". It's more spiritual than anything.

Case in point. What of us Indians? We are spiritual, yet the "church" is not where we conduct our "services".

By taking out the religion, you can still have spirituality which encompasses all religions with no superiority nor inferiority.

I don't seem to understand what your suggesting with this.

DeletedUser

NOT TO BRING UP THE ARGUEMENT OF RELIGION, but how many of us feel a bit more "invigorated" after a 30 minute meditation (whether it be prayer, mantra, chanting, tai-chi or yoga)

I don't seem to understand what your suggesting with this.

This is what I was referring to.

Spirituality is not tied to any one religion. It is found in all religions. That's all.