Saloon in my Town should be like all Towns.

DeletedUser

I have no way to see a list of my town mates and their duel status.
I CAN SEE THE REST OF THE WORLD THOUGH!

How logical is that?

Saloon should open the same window in home town except the duel link should be disabled or give an error!

Quests are easily accessible from the link outside.

What do you think?

DeletedUser

Since I know when other duelers are "visiting" my town I would like to see if they have victims to hit...like our builders....

Usually now i check mortician and when I notice an increase on the duels lost or pass out I know that the ones at my town are not using the hotel but instead they attack our members...

When I know that...I could e.g. visit his town and attack him and maybe save some of my townmates...

Now we are totally blind on everything that is happening inside our town except the auto building log that is in game....(very very thoughtful to have only build log and not a duel log!)

Another thing is I want to click on a name of my townmate and see his profile...what he is wearing and what not...
I can do that for THE REST OF THE WORLD BUT NOY FOR MY TOWNMATES..
(I know I can do it from the ranking screen but that is not helpfull!)

To me this belongs to the bugs not suggestions....but ...anyway..

DeletedUser

You can look at your townmates profiles by going into the Town Hall and clicking on their name. In the little box that pops up, on top, is a link that will take you to their profile.

DeletedUser

You can look at your townmates profiles by going into the Town Hall and clicking on their name. In the little box that pops up, on top, is a link that will take you to their profile.

Thanks! You solved 1 of the problems I had.

Now for the other.

Duel status of my townmates?

DeletedUser

I have no way to see a list of my town mates and their duel status.
I CAN SEE THE REST OF THE WORLD THOUGH!
Congrats on contradicting yourself and thus rendering it quite useless to even consider anything else.

If you can see the worlds then you have to stop being a lazy spoon and search for them in the 'WORLD' statistics.

DeletedUser

Congrats on contradicting yourself and thus rendering it quite useless to even consider anything else.

If you can see the worlds then you have to stop being a lazy spoon and search for them in the 'WORLD' statistics.

You prob missed the REST OF THE WORLD.

That means that if the world has 100 players and my town has 10 I can only see 90 of them at their respecting towns.. My 10 townmates I can not...

Probably you misread it so ...np!

DeletedUser

I wanted to see something like that...
I can see the status of everyone outside but can't see in my own town?

I think this would help planning attacks, since you would be able to easily see who in your town can go on an attack and who got KO in the last 48 hours. And would also tell who is in danger when someone "visits" your town showing who can be challenged. And you would also see dueling level and not just the regular level you see at Town hall.

DeletedUser

I prefer the town duel log someone suggested before.

There is a way to see your town's saloon now. Find out your town's id# by looking at the link to one of your town's buildings. Remember it. Copy and paste the link of some other town's saloon. Then replace their town id with your town's id.

so you'll have this in your address bar, but xxxx being your town's id#
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_saloon',{town_id:xxxx},'xxxx');

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I prefer the town duel log someone suggested before.
Like the Your own mortician stats idea? I hope for something like that too...

There is a way to see your town's saloon. Find out your town's id# by looking at the link to one of your town's buildings. Remember it. Copy and paste the link of some other town's saloon. Then replace their town id with your town's id.

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_saloon',{town_id:xxxx},'xxxx');
Thank you!

DeletedUser

I think this is different from the Your own Mortician stats idea, which will hopefully be approved as well. This specific idea should be an additional view from the saloon - as Bill said in another thread, the devs could possibly just add a button to automate the java already existing instead of us having to remember/type it in.

DeletedUser

I like the original idea, its a very simple fix. Thanks to everyone pointing out the other more fiddly ways to see your town mates, its been driving me nuts :D

DeletedUser

So, to recap

Proposal

That, in your own town picture screen, the Saloon building link displays the same information about inhabitants and their duelling status as can be found in all other town picture screens - rather than a redirect to the 'quests' page which can already be accessed from the permanent 'quests' hot button.

Current Workaround

Find out your town's id# by looking at the link to one of your town's buildings. Remember it. Copy and paste the link of some other town's saloon. Then replace their town id with your town's id.

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_saloon',{town _id:xxxx},'xxxx');
Very fiddly, even when you can get it to work. (My own browser has yet to cooperate)

Details

Currently, in the Saloon Screens of other towns it is possible to see a table giving a list of town members (with hotlinks to their profiles making it easy to send telegrams to them), their duelling levels, experience and current duelling status (whether they are asleep, can or can't be challenged, or have been knocked out recently).

This Saloon Screen is not available where your own town is concerned, however. Instead, you are taken to the Quest screen, which is already accessible from a permanently displayed link. This means that

a) If you are KO'd personally, you have no easy way of finding out if this is personal or an attack on the town as a whole (when a glance at how many members can't duel for 48 hours in the normal saloon screen would tell you immediately)

b) It is far easier to find out what is going on in other towns than it is to find out what's going on in your own.

c) This information is particularly important for those responsible for a town's defence - but it is currently denied them for no explicable reason.

Abuse Prevention

No possibility of abuse. It would merely give players access to information about the their own town which is freely available about (and to the members of) every other town.

Summary

A simple change in coding would easily fix this, allowing players to find out what is going on in their towns, respond to attacks, and communicate with each other far more easily. The current arrangement is a real barrier to town cohesion - it seems unnecessarily user-unfriendly to deny players information about their own towns which is freely available where all other towns are concerned.

its been driving me nuts :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I use this script and it adds shortcut to buildings, including the Saloon. This is the first time i actually thought about it, that there is no way to visit your own saloon.

DeletedUser

Current Workaround

Very fiddly, even when you can get it to work. (My own browser has yet to cooperate)

I've never had any trouble with the workaround. You must be changing something you shouldn't be changing. You could also just use this, which is the javascript Shulik's original buildings shortcut GM script and all of it's successors use:

Code:
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_saloon',{town_id:Character.home_town.town_id},Character.home_town.town_id);

Not that I don't think this should be changed. Who ever uses their town's saloon for quests instead of the much more convenient Quests link on the side?

DeletedUser

to see the status
hovewr your mouse over your town's sallon and look the javascripty thing, copy it and instead of 'Quest' write 'Saloon'

try to challenge yourself and you'll get a message "you can't challenge yourself"