Weekly Lottery

DeletedUser

I know that technically id be ripping this idea off of a few other games, since others have this feature. But technically they ripped it off of the official lottery idea.

Im not saying, to just give away free money. What im saying is, allow player to BUY between 1-10 lottery tickets. The ammount needed to buy the lottery tickets can be determined by the dev's.

The ammount of money won would be half of what was spent on lottery tickets on that world, for that week. The other half can just go *poof*.
If nobody wins, then half the lottery pot from that week can be added to next weeks. If more then one person was to hit the lottery, then the money gets split in half as usual, but gets split evenly throughout the winners.

An option to allow players to enter their own numbers, or even pick automated numbers could be put into effect also. Maybe make it as simple as 5 single digits? That way it wont be impossible to win, but also wont be garenteed to win either.

DeletedUser

So john, are you telling me that they never had a lottery, nor any drawings back in the western days?

DeletedUser

Yes I'm telling you that they never had any orginised lottery spread over more than one town.. and absolutly not in the time where this game plays.. that's just after the pioneers.....

DeletedUser

What about the land lotto that swept the midwest during the rush west? The one in which only white men could lay claim to the property? It happened all the time. Not to mention people used lottos as a type of gambling amoungst themselves. . .

Diggo11

Yeah I agree with Eagle John. They definitely had gambling but 'fair' and 'organised' lotteries are a more modern thing.

DeletedUser

I think they called it a raffle back then...

I agree with Ulthor and eagle john, this idea totally detracts from the flavor of the game.

DeletedUser

ill give you a vote kuraix, just cause im your friend. and you did get this up fairly quick, i must give you credit for that.

but just a thought, a lot of times, a lottery was a bad thing, and every man in town had his name put in a box, and the person whose name was drawn got stoned to death. now that could add a spin to it. losing the lottery causes damage.

DeletedUser

This is just a bad idea and getting worse!
say 5,000 players are on w5. Half of those sign into this "lottery" to win some random crappy item... By what kman suggests those players just sign on for dmg.

shoot-- i think I'd have better luck at loosing by cleaning my gun with the bullets still in the chamber and the hammer cocked!

DeletedUser

I like it.
Not everyone has to compete.
Only the people that want to win or just play for fun

DeletedUser5046

1000$ per person who wanna join the lottery...is that enough?!

DeletedUser1105

I don't think it fits in with the game. If the town fair idea was introduced then this may work as a one off game within that, but not as a stand alone event available to all.