Founding a Town

DeletedUser

Im about to Found a Ghost Town, (Because I couldn't find any free spots on the Map.)
Is this good or bad?
It has already 895 points...I know its not good but it is almost double the original 500 points.
Are their any minors to creating a town from a Ghost Town?

And my class is a Builder Btw. Well Worker.
Does anyone have any tips to get my town rolling..:p
I have got a Builder heading over to my town to help get it going, and when he is here I will invite him.

So does anyone have any tips for first time starting up a town.

DeletedUser

A ghost town is good to start with it saves you quite a bit of money.

DeletedUser

At that many pts, something has been built. Could be a Store or a Hotel, but either way, you start with a bit of an advantage.

DeletedUser

At 800+ points it's a good headstart. But somebody abandoned the town for some reasons.
You need some builders, and some money makers. Also, a small town will be attacked by nearby larger towns, so some duelers/soldiers are welcomed.
You need the hotel first (it may be already built); you need an upgraded residences, so you can invite more people; you need some shops so people will have an incentive to join; you need a bank level 2 (at least), so more money can be deposited.
Good shops are the tailor (all levels) and the general store (levels 1 and 2); The gunsmith becomes effective from levels 3-4, you might want to delay building it until you have the resources for at least 3 levels. The shop level 3 is worthless, build it only if you can build the level 4 afterwards.
Upgrading the hotel is twice as difficult as upgrading other buildings, but each level allows town members to work 1/2 hour more (and sleep 1/2 hour less) every 24 hours.
Pushing the bank forward (level 4+) may come against you, because the players will keep their extra money in the bank instead of donating to the town. It's recommended to keep the bank at a level so enough money can be saved in order to buy the most expensive item in the shops, except the fancy ones.
The town hall gas a very small influence on building time and cost. I recommend delaying upgrading it; I keep it 2 levels below the shops.
The residences must be upgraded as people continue joining; once the town becomes bigger, invite only higher level players - they usually have some money saved up and can donate immediately. When inviting, mention the minimum level of contributions. You will find all kinds of people, from the ones who donate their last 2$, to ones who don't contribute anything. Don't be afraid to kick out the "freeloaders". You and one of your councilors/founders can use the "good cop, bad cop" approach with these ones, to make them pay for their place in town.
Don't give founder status to a member of your town unless you completely trust him, because he can then kick you out and take over your town and work.

DeletedUser

Dj Storm. Thankyou alot!

I have got about 6 People joining ranging from levels 8-10.

These may not be good players,,,but they will grow to become strong and I have snapped them up before anyone else!
So it's not a bad Idea.
Also I can tell them what class I want them to be. :p
Also you don't find many good players not in a Town and why would they want to join mine over anyone elses.

Also I think I know why it was abandoned. Their is a 6.5k Point village VERY CLOSE!

I have 2 Builders, 2 Adventurers and 2 Undecideds. Shall I tell the undecided people to become Duelers Dj Storm?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Duelers or soldiers. A town needs both of them. A good soldier can beat a dueler, both when attacking and when defending.

DeletedUser

a good dueler can also beat soldier ^^
==
you'll need at least 1 player with good diplomatic skill to avoid bully and 1 player with experience to guide your town mates (it could be you)

DeletedUser363

I agree, though the soldiers having the weapon advantage really hurts the duelers chances of beating a good soldier.

DeletedUser

A soldier gains his big advantage on defense because of +50% (+100% if premium) tactics advantage.

DeletedUser

that tactics advantage has cost me a lot of duels against soldiers

DeletedUser

Ok, Because I am a low Skilled Builder.
Because I'm only level 10, I have 6 Constructing and 3 Strength.

What shall I do about constructing buildings. Could be costly.

DeletedUser

it WILL be costly, so rope in a builder. how u do it? well, thats another story

DeletedUser

Yeah... sometimes it's just better to join another town then to found one yourself.