Pet Ages

• Thread starter DeletedUser8054
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8054

I noticed that pets always stick to the same speed (e.g Donkey = 25%)
Maybe pets could have levels or age.. of which the higher they are the faster they go, but when they get to a certain age they start to slow down again and die / disappear at another age.

Age would be gained from the time you buy the animal to the present time (e.g 1 week = +2 years = +4% speed) and the animal would increase by larger amount when they get to the ages of between 5-10.

Levels would be gained from distance traveled (180 minutes traveling with no animal = 3 miles) and the higher its level the higher the % of the speed would be.

Please comment and suggest better ways of them working :)

DeletedUser

I noticed that pets always stick to the same speed (e.g Donkey = 25%)
Maybe pets could have levels or age.. of which the higher they are the faster they go, but when they get to a certain age they start to slow down again and die / disappear at another age.

First of all, I don't think they are called pets. The horsies we have are more like what is more commonly termed as mounts?

Pets in other games help you fight and have HP, our horsies here neither help you fight nor have HP :nowink:

But nah.... I don't think aging the mounts would add any value to gameplay.

DeletedUser8054

Hmm, its just I don't know anybody irl that has a pet that stays the same age and doesnt die. Would just make it more realistic in a tiny way.

DeletedUser

Might as well add age to the characters. And keep track of past injuries from jobs and duels. Then you can start subtracting speed from characters that have injuries often.

Nah, leave the leave the ages out of it, unless we can start breding our mounts, then I will try for a mule. I have a donkey anybody have a horse I can mate mine with?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nah, leave the leave the ages out of it, unless we can start breding our mounts, then I will try for a mule. I have a donkey anybody have a horse I can mate mine with?

This sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe if you own more than one animal there could be a small chance each week of another animal magically appearing. The percentage would increase slightly with the number of animals you own.

examples
You have two ponies. Each week there's a .5% chance of waking up to find you now have three ponies.

You have 6 donkeys. Each week there's a 1.5% chance of acquiring a 7th donkey.

The math would probably need to be tweaked a bit, (A LOT) but it'd give people a reason not to trade in their donkey as soon as they find something faster.
To be a little more realistic we might want to introduce mare / stallion for the mounts but you wouldn't have to do that.
Might also have to introduce product stacking for mounts, but that'd be easy compared to the rest of it.

DeletedUser

You see what you've done now!
A pet breeding sim!
Can we enter them for shows?
As an idea I actually like it but then I like the ability to be able to explore alien worlds.
It just isn't where 'thewest' should be going.
This now officially needs merging into the 'animals' topic so we can all have a laugh.

DeletedUser

How about donkey bombs? Load up a donkey with TNT and a long fuse and send him to an enemy town?

Would also be a good way to get rid of the donkey overpopulation problem we seem to have.

DeletedUser

I got a spare donkey and loads of spare dynamite.

Who wants a special donkey surprise?

DeletedUser

Now that IS a good idea, a dynamite powered donkey that transports you instantly across the map, the donkey dies and you lose half your health.

DeletedUser

what about a furius monkey with tomahawks...you get plus 500 to all of your attacking dueling skills...

Status
Not open for further replies.