Bank Transactions

DeletedUser

There should be a way to withdraw money from the bank, I put it there, I should be able to withdraw it. I don't want to carry it around and possibly lose it in a duel. I wanted to buy a different weapon from my own towns gunsmith and can't because I don't carry my money. What do ya think people ?

DeletedUser

money is auto taken from the bank when you need to buy something, or money is needed. So this is not needed.

DeletedUser

Not to lose money in a duel is the reason why you put money in the bank. what if you just withdrawn money and someone comes and duels you. it would be frustrating to lose it that way.

DeletedUser1105

It works well the way it is, there is no need for withdrawing money, unless you are saying you can only spend cash in someone else's store.

DeletedUser

There should be this option because lot of people want to shop in other towns. But to do that they need a lot of cash. If the want to buy something like fancy work shoes that cost over 4000$, its hard to keep that much with you without being duelled. Right now the only option is to leave the town for getting the money.

DeletedUser

But again, this doesn't have anything to do with the withdrawl process. Money is auto-withdrawn from the bank when needed, regardless of the town you're at. If you're talking about protecting the money from a duel...the bank is the best place to keep it if you also want to be a town member. The portion that is in the bank is safe from duels. If you can't keep it all in the bank, petition your town leaders to upgrade the bank.

DeletedUser

Think of the bank like a credit card. You can go to any store in any city and buy what you need up to the amount that is in your bank account plus your cash on hand. You don't need to withdraw money because its always available to make purchases.

DeletedUser

There should be this option because lot of people want to shop in other towns. But to do that they need a lot of cash. If the want to buy something like fancy work shoes that cost over 4000$, its hard to keep that much with you without being duelled. Right now the only option is to leave the town for getting the money.
its called, upgrading the Bank for it to hold more money.

This idea is ******ed.

DeletedUser

There's no need to call someone's idea ******ed, {Madkill}, anyway, I did manage to raise the cash and with my bank account, was able to accomplish my task. I still don't like carrying that much cash around, I did have 2 people try and defeat me in a duel........ They lost ! .... and I took their money

DeletedUser

how about an augementation to the bank roll?
A sort of 3rd account that works similar as the treasury?
we'll call it a 'slush fund' for the sake of this discussion...

Anyone can deposit money into the 'slush fund', but only the mayor can select other players to 'withdraw' from it... o.0 instead of Mayor, a new town role would be created: The Banker (like a Sherrif)

The Banker would delegate direct deposit monies from the slush fund into other players accounts (no their pocket). The slush fund would be there to help slower players buy better items...

yes, I know it can lead to over abuse (just as any new idea can).

Bear in mind that my post is proposing TWO ideas:
1) the role of the BANKER
2) the 'slush fund

The Banker
would be an town officate appointed to the task of monitering cash in the town. To prevent abuse, the banker cannot transfer monies into his own account. A script could be implemented that would only allow players with >xxx cash or under a certain lvl to be awarded with the cash...

Slush Fund
could be handled one of two ways:
1) a small percantage of treasury deposits (like 0.5% - 1%) would automatically be added into the slush fund
2) players can freely donate any amount to the slush as they desire.

This idea is help the smaller, late-starters get a leg up and not meant for abuse... Abuse occurs regardless.

DeletedUser

bad idea and i hope it will never happen. it whould just open up a way for people to cheat.

this is just a new way of "trading".

DeletedUser

Warlock's post makes little sense, unless he was talking about withdrawing from the Treasury?? And then no, he couldn't claim it was "His" money anymore. Thats like starting a hand of poker, then trying to get the money you put in out of the pot because you put it in.

DeletedUser

how about an augementation to the bank roll?
A sort of 3rd account that works similar as the treasury?
we'll call it a 'slush fund' for the sake of this discussion...

Anyone can deposit money into the 'slush fund', but only the mayor can select other players to 'withdraw' from it... o.0 instead of Mayor, a new town role would be created: The Banker (like a Sherrif)

The Banker would delegate direct deposit monies from the slush fund into other players accounts (no their pocket). The slush fund would be there to help slower players buy better items...

yes, I know it can lead to over abuse (just as any new idea can).

Bear in mind that my post is proposing TWO ideas:
1) the role of the BANKER
2) the 'slush fund

The Banker
would be an town officate appointed to the task of monitering cash in the town. To prevent abuse, the banker cannot transfer monies into his own account. A script could be implemented that would only allow players with >xxx cash or under a certain lvl to be awarded with the cash...

Slush Fund
could be handled one of two ways:
1) a small percantage of treasury deposits (like 0.5% - 1%) would automatically be added into the slush fund
2) players can freely donate any amount to the slush as they desire.

This idea is help the smaller, late-starters get a leg up and not meant for abuse... Abuse occurs regardless.

LOL what was it you said Ulthor ?

DeletedUser

I think the choice of the term 'slush fund' about covers it. Isn't a slush fund a secret store of money for underhand illegal purposes? I get your intention zazz but this is just about the most abusable idea out there.

DeletedUser

hey, i never said my idea was a good one...

The deal is that there are ways to stop the cheating... The easiest being ONE IP adress per world...

There fore people from the same household can play the game, but on seperate worlds....

Additionally, lets say the Banker can only doll out 5% of the total slush to ONE player every 5 days. And coding would limit the players who are allowed to accept the slush into thier personal bank rolls....

Or another twist would be to have the Slush set for BOUNTIES only!

Gotta pestering Duelist sleeping in your hotels, never leaving and whooping everyone? Well, the Mayor or Banker could set a bounty dependent upon the amount of the total slush available...

Since we're using this as a Bounty Pay-out, we'll no longer call it "slush fund" but Bounty Pay-out....

How would this work?
Mayor gets annoyed at being targetted all the time and having his workers ko'd. He sets the bounty. A soldier (or duelist) from another town can then collect the bounty by subueing the ruffian.

Town banner would read "$x,xxx bounty for defeating Gus-Gus Arquebus" the Hunter would then go to your town's bank, click on 'collect bounty' then go to the ruffian's town and duel him... If the hunter fails to ko the ruffian in 24 hrs, nothing occurs. If the Hunter ko's the ruffian, the bounty is automattically transfered to the hunters bank roll (no need to travel back to 'collect')

DeletedUser

Another thought...
This 'slush' fund / 'bounty fund' could also be used as a bail-bond fund to bail prisoners out of another towns' jail...

This way NO ONE person is liable for spring them out of jail...