Questions about duels

DeletedUser

Hello!

I have some questions:

1. When I chalenge somebody, do both my offensive and defensive skills matter? I was wondering whether the off skills matter only when you are the challenger and the def skills only when you are being challenged.
  2. Should I prefer items with aim-dodging or secondary duel skills? Note that items with secondary skills give much more points, eg 3 aim vs. 9 vigor.
  3. I use malee weapons and I have a shirt with appearence and another one with vigor. Which one is better?
Thanks in advance! :)

DeletedUser

1. The only skills that don't count during a duel are the type of weapon you're not using (if you have a firearm, vigor is useless, if you have a melee weapon, shooting is useless), the defensive skill that does not match up with your opponent's weapon (you won't be able to see it unless you check their profile, but shooting-reflex, vigor-toughness), and finally, appearance is useless if you're the defender while tactics is useless if you are the attacker. Health points are for everything.

2. Choose whatever has the higher bonuses. It is important to balance everything, unless you are strictly an offensive/defensive dueler. You might want to look at some other duelers and note the clothing that they wear - choosing whatever combination fits you best.

3. There is no real answer. It all depends on your opponent's toughness and tactics levels. Go for whatever has the higher bonus. It never hurts to keep more than one set of clothing, though.

DeletedUser

just a note to say that although you may consider yourself an offensive dueller it doesn't mean that others will take that view.