Bad Policies for Forts

Alduin

Someone had to do it and i am deeply sorry that i will be one do it because people dont care or dont wanna care(not that i care either, just bored).

After 2020 Day of the Dead event, fort fights became extremely unbalanced because amount of flat defense J. Cortina set came with it. Instead of set being nerfed, forts tried to be balanced. Amount of attackers increased and tower bonuses reduced. Okay, so far soo good. Lets look at times "damager(just miss and do absolutely nothing)" sets.

Captain Set = 8 items -> +7.55 flat attack bonus
Mistake of Inno Set(nugget exclusive) = 8 items -> +21 flat attack bonus
Joaquin Murrieta Set = 10 items = -> +0 flat attack bonus
vs
J. Cortina Set = 10 items -> +29,5 flat defense bonus ++ fortification bonus

What is the problem here ? Let me tell you all in 10 words: You are screwed if you didnt buy the nugget set.
There was a backlash enough to force some level action to be taken and new team roles as "for fight balancing strategist" or whatever appeared. They tweaked the amount of attackers/defenders(understandable) and nerfed towers(???). All this "progress" from some player whos unable/doesnt want to spend real money to game end up having pathetic %30-35(%40 maybe if they managed to take a tower) hit rate. No one cared, snowflakes blamed people for "tanks having no love/tanks barely getting any sets meanwhile damagers have too many options" Due the nature of how calculations being made and how important the RNG factor about hitting or missing was a dice roll anyway(unlike the knowledge of common snowflakes).
Remember people saying "inno released cortina to counter union set". I DO NOT CARE. Just because 5-10 people got the mistake set doesnt mean every other player has to suffer that counter. That did nothing but people rage quitting the game including myself shortly after. I am sick and tired of this flock physiology. The West is alive today just because fort fights which is outdated and literally squares shooting squares and rest is church building simulator. Talk about Wild West Spirit, i didnt know The Sims existed during that period. Long story short, meanwhile you have single attraction to your game and you do not gamble with it that is a BAD BUSINESS STRATEGY. Sell gathering gear for real money, sell building gear for real money, sell speed gear with real money no one cares. Keep the only attraction the game in a fair state.

Lets go other side of forts before snowflakes come tell me how wrong i am because i dont care what they say.

cccc.jpg

- Wait a minute Aldunub, this is stronger than J. Cortina Horse how can you be ok with it :/ ?
-> Because grass doesnt give you any damn bonus :mad:
However. With towers are nerfed and people have maximum +2 Ron's set on their disposal, lets see what went wrong.
Ron's Set = 10 items -> +22 flat attack bonus + fortification bonus (+24 flat attack on +2 upgrade level)
vs
John Bull Set = 10 items -> +37.5 flat defense bonus ( +43.65 flat attack on +1 upgrade level)

Almost double. Add it some little razzle dazzle called RNG and "new" formulas. We will get workers and soldiers who dodge 180-200 shots. Fair ? DAMN RIGHT ITS FAIR. For 2 years attackers suffered and its totally good riddance seeing defenders suffering now but inno still doesnt seem to understand about how their own creation work.
-Fair Note -> Next even John Astor arrives to help defending damagers a bit( less flat attack than Ron's but way better SP wise)

NOW BEHOLD THE INCARNATION OF "WE DO NOT CARE"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

VS SET THE BROKE THE GAME ON 2020

ddddddddd.jpg

More AP -> CHECK
More SP -> CHECK
More Flat Defense Bonus -> CHECK
Inno does learn from their mistakes -> X

Lets check what Leavenworth set has to offer

+40 flat defense without any upgrades. ++ fortification bonus ( sorry my monkey brain cant calculate without wiki showing me the values instead )

Lets check why Leavenworth is exist

+21 flat attack bonus without any upgrades (
+23 flat attack bonus on upgrade level +1)

Note: Sousa has maximum scaling on 0.68 with leadership and Leavenworth has maximum scaling of 0.9 on health points.

There you have it, same old wheel keep going. Except inno stopped selling nugget only fort gear, now they only sell part of it. Which under this circumstances i would call it win. I tried to be simple, fair and subjective possible knowing that i damn well wasted over 75 minutes for this post and no one going to care. Well i dont care if you care :D Enjoy if you want but please dont come complain if you dont. I played over 5 years as a HP tank before starting on Colorado so i am well aware old struggles, with the pain knowing i wasted over 75 minutes on this i might react harshly.

I ENJOY being the Boromir in the room doesnt matter if i see the better times yet you need Boromir so he can state you the obvious.

Have fun reading it, i didnt have fun while writing it.

Victor Kruger

Some good points Al, Assuming innos new items team understands or cares which they dont its just a job. Also because senior HQ don't gives a C**p about games just the share price n next latest thing This game is literally bottom of the list for what it makes or brings in. So not even on their radar apart from maintaining a bit of $ to pay for the server and brand awareness they literally dont even think about TW apart from on spread sheets im pretty sure.

Nice breakdown tho m8 its rare to see these days. :up:

Marshall Don

well, to wrap up all of this I think if we had someone to watch or monitor some portion of fort battles and report what they saw to the west team, maybe we could have sympathy from west team :)
otherwise I guess they don't care because they don't have a daily battle to know what's really going on. Meet "theoretical vs practical"

Harriet Oleson

Please dont react "harshly" to my message Alduin, especially knowing I don't intend to say that tanks are more disadvantaged than damagers. But actually (and maybe I'm the one who missed the point), I don't understand why you're only comparing flat values without taking into account what the gears bring in AP/SP (which is the biggest part of att and def) ? you're also comparing sets with mounts, with sets without mounts, as well as you don't take into account the multiplying factor in attack value added by the team in the last formula changes ...

The thing is : if we take into account all of this (and if I didn't make input errors), seems like defense values from tanks sets are often MUCH LOWER than attack values from damagers sets ... I put the details into spoiler, it's a bit long :
Cortina in defense at level 150 :
- leadership (AP+SP together) : 502
- dodging : 744
- setting traps : 1125
- flat defense : 29.5
=> total defense : 502^0.6 + 744^0.5 + 1125^0.5 + 29.5 + 6 = ~138

Captain in attack at level 150 (no mount)
- leadership : 815
- aiming : 585
- hidding : 994
- flat attack : 7.55
+ murrietta mount in attack at level 150 :
- leadership : 225
- aiming : 75
- hidding : 261
- flat attack : 0
=> total attack : ((815+225)^0.6 + (585+75)^0.5 + (994+261)^0.5 + 7.55 + 6)*1.15 = ~160

Ron (dmg set) in defense at level 150
- leadership : 730
- aiming : 848
- setting traps : 691
- flat attack : 22
=> total attack : (730^0.6 + 848^0.5 + 691^0.5 + 22 + 6)*1.15 = ~156

Bull (tank set) in attack at level 150 :
- leadership : 614
- dodging : 742
- hidding : 1144
- flat defense : 37.5
=> total defense : 614^0.6 + 742^0.5 + 1144^0.5 + 37.5 + 6 = ~152

Leavenworth in def at level 150 (without mount) :
- leadership : 519
- dodging : 641
- setting traps : 858
- flat defense : 22
Leavenworth mount in def at level 150 :
- leadership : 180
- dodging : 158
- setting traps : 248
- flat defense : 17
=> total defense : (519+180)^0.6 + (641+158)^0.5 + (858+248)^0.5 + (22+17) + 6 = ~157

Sousa in attack at level 150 :
- leadership : 1190
- aiming : 874
- hidding : 1119
- flat attack : 21
=> total attack : (1190^0.6 + 874^0.5 + 1119^0.5 + 21 + 6)*1.15 = ~184 (!!!!!)

Union in attack at level 150 (no mount) :
- leadership : 837
- aiming : 666
- hidding : 741
=> total attack : ((837+225)^0.6 + (666+75)^0.5 + (741+261)^0.5 + 21 + 6)*1.15 = ~174

If some explanations are needed :
The "6" in all formulas, it's the beginner's bonus at level 150; and the 1.15 factor in the attack formula is the new multiplying factor I talked about above. Technically there's also a distance penalty to take into account for attack, but this factor is still > 1 as long as the distance is < 15. So at close distance and in the configuration of captain+murietta for example, attack is higher than def for a tank in defense with cortina; damagers have to be farther away from the tank to have an attack egual or inferior to the tank's defense.
We could also object about the level taken in the example, but at higher level the difference between both INCREASES (still in favor of the captain gear), as for lower levels it's the contrary only at very low level (level < 40).

Of course, with the distance, the skills distribution in each toon's built, building bonuses, class bonuses, upgrades etc etc, things can be different in pratice.
But in any case, we are FAR from tank sets bringing lots more of defense points than damagers sets bring attack points ...
Once again, with this I'm not saying that means tanks are currently necessarily more disavangated than damagers. I don't think the comparison of the 2 roles is as simple as comparing the values of att and def like I did in the spoiler; in my opinion it's a bit more complicated than that. The fact that attack in damagers sets increases more fastly than defense in tanks sets when the level increases, may become a real problem for tanks at very high level though. The flat values higher for tanks sets and lower for damagers sets help to limit this problem for low/average levels but at high/very high level, the differences are quite big despite the flat values higher for tanks.

But well, all of this is just my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something which made me misunderstood the whole thing ? Don't know.

Alduin

Please dont react "harshly" to my message Alduin, especially knowing I don't intend to say that tanks are more disadvantaged than damagers. But actually (and maybe I'm the one who missed the point), I don't understand why you're only comparing flat values without taking into account what the gears bring in AP/SP (which is the biggest part of att and def) ? you're also comparing sets with mounts, with sets without mounts, as well as you don't take into account the multiplying factor in attack value added by the team in the last formula changes ...

The thing is : if we take into account all of this (and if I didn't make input errors), seems like defense values from tanks sets are often MUCH LOWER than attack values from damagers sets ... I put the details into spoiler, it's a bit long :
=> total defense : 502^0.6 + 744^0.5 + 1125^0.5 + 29.5 + 6 = ~138

=> total attack : ((815+225)^0.6 + (585+75)^0.5 + (994+261)^0.5 + 7.55 + 6)*1.15 = ~160

=> total attack : (730^0.6 + 848^0.5 + 691^0.5 + 22 + 6)*1.15 = ~156

=> total defense : 614^0.6 + 742^0.5 + 1144^0.5 + 37.5 + 6 = ~152

=> total defense : (519+180)^0.6 + (641+158)^0.5 + (858+248)^0.5 + (22+17) + 6 = ~157

=> total attack : (1190^0.6 + 874^0.5 + 1119^0.5 + 21 + 6)*1.15 = ~184 (!!!!!)

=> total attack : ((837+225)^0.6 + (666+75)^0.5 + (741+261)^0.5 + 21 + 6)*1.15 = ~174

If some explanations are needed :
The "6" in all formulas, it's the beginner's bonus at level 150; and the 1.15 factor in the attack formula is the new multiplying factor I talked about above. Technically there's also a distance penalty to take into account for attack, but this factor is still > 1 as long as the distance is < 15. So at close distance and in the configuration of captain+murietta for example, attack is higher than def for a tank in defense with cortina; damagers have to be farther away from the tank to have an attack egual or inferior to the tank's defense.
We could also object about the level taken in the example, but at higher level the difference between both INCREASES (still in favor of the captain gear), as for lower levels it's the contrary only at very low level (level < 40).

Of course, with the distance, the skills distribution in each toon's built, building bonuses, class bonuses, upgrades etc etc, things can be different in pratice.
But in any case, we are FAR from tank sets bringing lots more of defense points than damagers sets bring attack points ...
Once again, with this I'm not saying that means tanks are currently necessarily more disavangated than damagers. I don't think the comparison of the 2 roles is as simple as comparing the values of att and def like I did in the spoiler; in my opinion it's a bit more complicated than that. The fact that attack in damagers sets increases more fastly than defense in tanks sets when the level increases, may become a real problem for tanks at very high level though. The flat values higher for tanks sets and lower for damagers sets help to limit this problem for low/average levels but at high/very high level, the differences are quite big despite the flat values higher for tanks.

But well, all of this is just my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something which made me misunderstood the whole thing ? Don't know.

Since its been few days passed its all good LMAO

Captain Set = 8 items -> +7.55 flat attack bonus
Mistake of Inno Set(nugget exclusive) = 8 items -> +21 flat attack bonus
Joaquin Murrieta Set = 10 items = -> +0 flat attack bonus
vs
J. Cortina Set = 10 items -> +29,5 flat defense bonus ++ fortification bonus

Here as you can see i only compared defense tank set to damager possible attack sets, since murri animal set had no attack value. Look my point is, just so inno can milk money from overtuned gear they are ruining their game and gambling the only attraction their game has. Just because they want to milk money from overtuned gear and instead of nerfing them they are meddling around forts, so they can keep the overtuned gear to milk money from while shutting players mouth. Now towers walls got nerfed to oblivion and having fully upgraded fort is important as these forum posts to inno. Then they bring John Bull, so towers got nerfed to oblivion because of cortina but alongside it murri rons astors but mainly murri because come now we suffered quite a lot with it until ron arrived. This time attackers started to maul defenders. Now leaven coming way more better than cortina against sousa. I mind you clothes are go around 250k-1.5m god bless animal set :D This will just keep going going going going. Only reason i am talking about flat values coz they are the main attraction for getting the tower bonus. Like 2 days ago i reached level 155, kept a screenshot of my skills and battle calculator so i would see the difference. For like 10 hiding 6 leadership and 8 aiming i got like 0.09 attack.

But the main villain of this story is flat bonuses. They dont go well with tower bonuses because you and i get way less attack/defense stats from SP but since inno cant figure out original ways to earn money rather than opening worlds on disgusting events, resell same 6 year old gear and release overtuned sets to charm people. Well who cares, i cared and what happened ? Best to ignore everything. Ignore my post and my topic lmao idc

Harriet Oleson

Thanks for the precisions !

Otherwise just to tell but I checked what I wrote above and I notice I made 2 mistakes in my previous message /o\ /o\ /o\ First I forgot the base value of "10" for each att and def; and secondly, I put the exponent 0.6 to leadership instead of Hidding/Setting traps. Shame on me /o\ /o\ /o\
So with the correct formulas :
=> total defense : 502^0.5 + 744^0.5 + 1125^0.6 + 29.5 + 6 + 10 = ~163

=> total attack : ((815+225)^0.5 + (585+75)^0.5 + (994+261)^0.6 + 7.55 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~177

=> total attack : (730^0.5 + 848^0.5 + 691^0.6 + 22 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~166

=> total defense : 614^0.5 + 742^0.5 + 1144^0.6 + 37.5 + 6 + 10 = ~174

=> total defense : (519+180)^0.5 + (641+158)^0.5 + (858+248)^0.6 + (22+17) + 6 + 10 = ~177

=> total attack : (1190^0.5 + 874^0.5 + 1119^0.6 + 21 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~194

=> total attack : ((837+225)^0.5 + (666+75)^0.5 + (741+261)^0.6 + 21 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~184
It doesn't change really a thing though, att values for damagers sets seem still often higher and to increase more fastly than def values for tanks sets. The gaps seem a bit lower though and for Ron and Bull the situation is reversed. I guess the team did it like that in anticipation that sets in defense side would enjoy tower bonuses (values are all inferior in def side, whatever if it's for tank or damager).

I'm still not so sure about your interpretation about flat values but I do agree with you (and fully agree) that the set system with sets more and more powerfull imbalance a lot the game, whatever if it's the flat values who are too high or the coeff proportional to level : they are all too high in any case lol.

WhyN0t

Damagers do a lot of damage anyway, especially after the update that introduced lvl 250 has been implemented. The problem is not actually that the tanks have too much defense, because they don't, the problem is the distance penalty which is too high. It was modified recently, but the modification is not useful at all, the distance penalty is even higher now. Besides that, a new set that gives 17 sector attack has been introduced, another indirect buff for damagers.

Alduin

Damagers do a lot of damage anyway, especially after the update that introduced lvl 250 has been implemented. The problem is not actually that the tanks have too much defense, because they don't, the problem is the distance penalty which is too high. It was modified recently, but the modification is not useful at all, the distance penalty is even higher now. Besides that, a new set that gives 17 sector attack has been introduced, another indirect buff for damagers.
I am doing 650-800 damage per shot assuming i can hit(which is quite a long shot) and i am level 155 :D

Thanks for the precisions !

Otherwise just to tell but I checked what I wrote above and I notice I made 2 mistakes in my previous message /o\ /o\ /o\ First I forgot the base value of "10" for each att and def; and secondly, I put the exponent 0.6 to leadership instead of Hidding/Setting traps. Shame on me /o\ /o\ /o\
So with the correct formulas :
=> total defense : 502^0.5 + 744^0.5 + 1125^0.6 + 29.5 + 6 + 10 = ~163

=> total attack : ((815+225)^0.5 + (585+75)^0.5 + (994+261)^0.6 + 7.55 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~177

=> total attack : (730^0.5 + 848^0.5 + 691^0.6 + 22 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~166

=> total defense : 614^0.5 + 742^0.5 + 1144^0.6 + 37.5 + 6 + 10 = ~174

=> total defense : (519+180)^0.5 + (641+158)^0.5 + (858+248)^0.6 + (22+17) + 6 + 10 = ~177

=> total attack : (1190^0.5 + 874^0.5 + 1119^0.6 + 21 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~194

=> total attack : ((837+225)^0.5 + (666+75)^0.5 + (741+261)^0.6 + 21 + 6 + 10)*1.15 = ~184
It doesn't change really a thing though, att values for damagers sets seem still often higher and to increase more fastly than def values for tanks sets. The gaps seem a bit lower though and for Ron and Bull the situation is reversed. I guess the team did it like that in anticipation that sets in defense side would enjoy tower bonuses (values are all inferior in def side, whatever if it's for tank or damager).

I'm still not so sure about your interpretation about flat values but I do agree with you (and fully agree) that the set system with sets more and more powerfull imbalance a lot the game, whatever if it's the flat values who are too high or the coeff proportional to level : they are all too high in any case lol.

Adding tower bonuses to Leaven and Cortina they get powerful just because fortification bonuses. John Bull is decent because grass is not giving you any bonuses. Well look at someones perspective of using Murri set. Poor bro got nerfed too with towers :D Their hitrate dropped, more flat defense bonus sets are come trickling in. They cant afford to complete a set, half of them costs only nuggets half of them costs 4-6m for a set. What u gonna do ?

To get my point, try to look from the perspective of the average foot soldier on a fantasy game. That shows you the real scale of it, i personally did on Warhammer 3 lol too used to look from above going on ground level felt like a different game.. Different game requires more specs, then i got crashed :/

Beefmeister

i'm gonna have to contradict you with that and say that the distance penalty is pretty much ok in the current state. for me it's much more stimulating playing the game now, getting in the right positions, than it was in the last few years

the obvious problem from this topic (that i find baffling) is the difference between p2w and f2p sets, which has been obvious for years. tanks are definitely not stronger than damagers, god forgive me, but this individual here expects to deal 2k damage per hit with lv150, no upgraded weapons and outdated sets, against tanks that are higher level than him with lv2-3 upgraded gear :lol:

damage is actually a problem...i suggest looking at who tops the leaderboards on the one relevant polish server and see the amount of damage you can do after lv200 with the right gear

Alduin

t this individual here expects to deal 2k damage per hit with lv150, no upgraded weapons and outdated sets, against tanks that are higher level than him with lv2-3 upgraded gear :lol:

have better use for my money, like buying food and paying rent rather than spending it on some pixels. some people dont have easy lives as you do thats one point but where i said "i should do 2000 damage per shot" or "i should hit everytime but i cant hit" or was it your delusion playing you again beef ?

Beefmeister

why am i delusional, because i don't agree with yours? play this game properly and see what happens and then MAYBE you can call other people delusional :lol:

you don't have to spend a single penny to be decent at fort fights and there are several examples of decent fort fighters in-game

Harsha..

The L0 Leaven animal set gives these skills in extra when compared to L0 Cortina animals: +75 Health, +24 Dodge, +40 Traps, +50 LD, +4.5 defense (for L174 toon). Now, the more points you have in a FF skill, the less returns you gain as you add more points. In practical terms, the leaven animal set would give me 750 more HP along with +8 more defense (I ran the numbers through battle calc and this +8 defense includes the raw defense and defense gained from the extra skill points).

Upgrading to L1 leaven animal set gives you 310 more HP and +3 more defnse (raw and from sp) over the L0 set. The final assessment is that this animal set is a good and worthwhile one. But far from insane or groundbreaking - I would go from +230 defense to +238, barely a 3.4% increase.

Want to see a truly insane nugget animal set? - I bring you the GOLDEN ANIMAL SET. Back in the day we had two animal sets for tanks - Hombre with lots of HP, but weak skills, Pizzaro with good skills, but zero HP. The golden animal set came along, and basically gave both - lots of HP and great skills in a go. On top of it, the resistance bonus was great and the sector damage bonus was phenemonal. To this day, it's still the highest from all animal sets. We literally had to do a reshuffle on Colorado because too many people on one side got the golden animal set and it messed up the balance.

I've said all this just to give some prespective. On the surface we can see some additions as insane and OP. But when you look closely at the numbers and how they affect results on the battlefield, it's simply a decent upgrade over an existing set.